Pride-Filled Woman

Her Other Man
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5: Pride-filled Woman

“Do you understand, Ms. Kwon?”

Mr. Han, the disciplinary officer in the company, asked Jaeun.

Jaeun nodded, half-heartedly. She still doesn’t get why she has to write a real Letter of Apology when in fact, she’s the victim here. How could someone, let alone a supervisor, aim to do that? She’s not his secretary for crying out loud.

Mr. Han sighed as he kept the Letter of Apology that Jaeun made. The first one made L mad so, he reported it to the disciplinary council – to Jaeun’s displeasure, of course.

“Okay,” he told her. “You may go now.” Then he continued to examine some papers.

Jaeun sighed and bowed before him before leaving his office.

As she came out of the door, she already saw L smirking on her. She immediately felt the urge to kick him in the balls. He’s so despicable! How could he be this evil?

“Went well?” L asked her. His voice is obviously teasing her as if telling her that she couldn’t mess with him.

Jaeun tried to prevent herself from rolling her eyes on him because God knows if he would tattle tale again to Mr. Han. Instead, she just left him hanging without saying a word.

Yes, that’s it, Kwon Jaeun. Don’t ever lose your cool. You’re always cool.

She walked to the office only to be called by Mr. Lee because of a new project deal that she has to close within the month. It’s a deal with Wu Entertainment, one of the largest companies, that caters idols and actors.

Mr. Lee is planning on using his idols for the endorsement of their new brand. The styling department has done their job and now, the sales and marketing department would work on it.

Jaeun couldn’t say no to it. How could she when she is facing the CEO of the company? Of course, she wouldn’t disobey his orders. But at least, Mr. Lee gives off good vibes until someone else who’s sitting on the supervisor desk.

She went back to her desk after her meeting with Mr. Lee and started doing some research on Wu Entertainment. She’s not feeling well because she’s really pissed at L, who at the moment, is looking at her and smirking.

“I wish to all the angels above for you to turn into a dog.” She muttered to herself as she focused on her monitor.

--

“Jaeun,” Yoonmi called her.

She looked at her. “Why?” She asked.

“It’s 7PM already. Aren’t you going home yet?” Yoonmi asked her.

Jaeun looked at her watch and was shocked on the time. “I’ll go overtime.” She decided. “I have to at least finish my research on Wu Ent before going home.”  She smiled.

Yoonmi looked at her worried. “Are you sure?” She asked.

Jaeun nodded. “Yes. I can just call a cab or what.” She assured.

Yoonmi just nodded even if she’s still bothered. “Okay, if you say so.” She gave in in the end. “Message me when you get home, okay? See you tomorrow.” She beamed as she hugged Jaeun before leaving together with the rest of the employees in the office.

Jaeun, however, continued to conduct some research on the Wu Ent. Of course, she has to know their strategy when it comes to business before offering them to endorse their new products. The thing is, the wife of Kris Wu, the President of the company, is a famous fashion designer. What if she’s supplying them designs too? That would be a challenge on their part.

In the midst of her research, her phone rang. It was Jin and his face is popping on the screen.

Jaeun accepted the call and saw Jin smiling widely. However, upon seeing her not home yet, he frowned.

“Overtime again?” He asked.

Jaeun sighed and nodded. “Just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter