I'm starting to fall for you.

Her Other Man
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 15: I’m starting to feel something for you

One week and five days.

L has been ignoring – more like avoiding – Jaeun for almost two weeks now. She knows that it sounded ridiculous but she’s bothered by the fact that the person who annoyed her to death is acting like she’s one invisible lady in the office.

This morning, L asked Jungkook to tell her that he’s going to meet another client and Jaeun has to fill in to his spot on the meeting of the different supervisors of the company. L asked him when Jaeun is just there, listening to their conversation.

Today, L transferred to his new office. It isn’t really new. It was prepared before but he didn’t really use the office.

Maybe Jaeun was just being concerned. But the thing is she didn’t know why is she is being concerned. She shouldn’t be concerned. She shouldn’t think of L who’s obviously avoiding her.

But well, the more you think about not thinking about something, the more you think of about it.

And it’s driving Jaeun insane.

She doesn’t know what’s going on with her. She doesn’t know why she’s so curious of why L isn’t talking to her anymore. Or at least, making her suffer like before.

She stirred on the bed and sighed while looking out the window. She couldn’t call Jin this whole week because he’s going to be burning his eyebrows for his major exams. As much as she misses him to death, she doesn’t have the right to disturb him. All she could do is to send him a message telling him to study hard and do well.

She laid on her back and stared at the ceiling.

Why can’t she take his face off his head?

Why can’t she stop herself from thinking about him?

There wasn’t even a name and Jaeun automatically thought of him.

She sighed deeply and closed her eyes hoping that tomorrow is going to be different.

--

“One caramel macchiato, please.” Jaeun told the cashier from the company café. She needed it because she had to stay awake all day in the office. She didn’t get a wink of sleep, that’s why.

She is so mad at herself for wasting one night thinking of someone she shouldn’t think about. Why would she think about someone who doesn’t deserve to be thought about? This is so twisted. This is getting confusing.

She waited for her drink in front of the counter when, suddenly, the door opened revealing the person who was the reason of her sleepless night.

L looked up and paused for a while when he saw her looking at him before walking to the counter like a boss. Well, he is a boss. He has the right to walk like a boss but he should at least acknowledge that he knows Jaeun.

Damn it!

Jaeun’s starting to get pissed.

“One espresso, please.” L told the cashier and looked the opposite way.

Jaeun glared at him from his back and pretended to punch him.

“Here’s your order, Ms. Beautiful.” The cashier smiled at her widely. She smiled back and asked for a straw to which the cashier boy oh so generously handed her.

Jaeun didn’t know and wasn’t sure if L flinched from her peripheral view but it seemed like it.

“Thank you.” Jaeun bowed and left the café, leaving L looking at her on her way out.

Jaeun was wearing a sour expression as she sipped on her macchiato. “I can’t believe I didn’t get to sleep a second because of him.” She mumbled to herself as she waited for the elevator to come.

She tapped her feet and rolled her eyes as she tried to calm herself down.

Why is she so affected anyway?

“Yes. Why am I so affected anyway?” She asked herself. “So what if he doesn’t talk to me?” She mumbled again as she takes another sip.

The elevator door finally opened and she got in. She pressed in the floor where she’ll be going. And just as when the elevator door closes, a hand came in to stop the door from closing.

“Wait!”

Jaeun was shocked to see L coming in the elevator, panting. She narrowed her eyes on him but he didn’t even glance at her. She looked the other way and sipped on her drink again.

There’s only one word that would describe the atmosphere inside the elevator.

Awkward.

Jaeun wished someone would come in, so, it wouldn’t be that obviously awkward between them.

And just like the angel’s tongue, someone came in. It was Oh Sehun. Haneul’s boyfriend.

Sehun stopped when he saw Jaeun and smiled. “Hi, Jae!” He greeted and Jaeun smiled back. “

“What are you doing here?” She asked him.

Sehun c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter