Home For Christmas

Her Other Man
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 23: Home for Christmas

“Hey, Jaeun, look at that girl!” Yoonmi was screaming at Jaeun in her whisper as she gawks at a woman who’s their age, wearing some nice clothes and killer heels, come inside their office.

Almost all the men inside looked at her with jaws dropped while the girls gawked at her from head to toe.

Jaeun looked at the said woman and there’s something in her head that clicked. Hwang Sooyeon. She can’t be mistaken. This is L’s ex.

Sooyeon looked around and smiled when she saw Jaeun. She walked to her making Jaeun cringe and the other employees wonder. “You’re Myungsoo’s workmate, right?” She asked in a tone that Jaeun didn’t like.

Jaeun nodded. “Do you have an appointment with Mr. Kim?” She asked, not trying to beat around the bush.

Sooyeon chuckled. “None.” She replied. “I just want to visit him.” She expanded.

Jaeun nodded. “Does he know you’re coming?” She asked again.

Sooyeon smiled and shook her head. “This is a surprise.” She replied.

Jaeun faked a smile and looked at Jungkook. “Jungkook, she wants to meet Mr. Kim. Accompany her to his off-“

“No need!” Sooyeon beamed. “Just tell me where his office is and I’ll handle it.”

Jaeun gave her a confused look but then she nodded. “Okay. That’s his office.” She replied as she pointed at L’s office door.

Sooyeon smiled and nodded. “Thank you, uhm…”

“Jaeun. Kwon Jaeun.” She introduced.

Sooyeon smiled wider. “Thanks, Jaeun.” She said before walking to L’s office.

All the employees looked to where Sooyeon is going before looking back at Jaeun.

“Goodness! Jaeun! You know that girl?” Yoonmi asked when Sooyeon got inside L’s office.

Jaeun nodded. “She’s Mr. Kim’s ex.” She replied nonchalantly and continued her work. She didn’t know why there is this uncomfortable feeling growing inside her and she wanted to go inside and steal L away from Sooyeon’s sight.

No. She can’t feel this. She can’t be so possessive of L even if he tells her that he likes her jealous that way. No. She can’t.

Everything is wrong and she doesn’t deserve all the feelings for him.

Or does she?

Not long after Sooyeon coming inside L’s office, the both of then – L and Sooyeon – came out. L’s expression is unreadable while Sooyeon’s expression is a bit bright.

And it’s making Jaeun pissed.

How can L tell her how much he loves her one minute then go out with another woman on the next?

It’s not like they are already dating anyway but she holds on to his words.

“They look cool together.” Yoonmi commented and Jaeun tried her hardest to not roll her eyes at the image of the two.

“I wonder if they’re back together.” Yoonmi continued to comment, hurting Jaeun unknowingly.

She shouldn’t have entertained Sooyeon so that she wouldn’t be this jealous.

She watched the two as they walk side by side out of the department.

Damn it!

--

“Manager Kwon, Mr. Kim is calling you.” Jungkook beamed as he went out of L’s office later that day.

L and Sooyeon’s date lasted the whole lunch break and it bothered Jaeun all throughout. She knows she shouldn’t be, though.

Jaeun ga

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter