Think before doing something you'll regret

Her Other Man
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 13: Think before doing something you’ll regret

“Should we wake them up?”

Yoonmi asked Jungkook as they watched Jaeun and L sleeping. Jaeun’s head is leaning on L’s shoulder and L’s head is leaning on Jaeun’s.

Yoonmi brought her phone out and took a picture of the innocent sleeping people. She smiled widely when she finished capturing this heavenly moment.

L flitted his eyes open and saw Yoonmi and Jungkook in front of him, smiling really widely. His eyes widened when he realized the growing weight on his shoulder. He looked at it and he shut his eyes and frowned.

Why did his employees have to see this?

“Hey, Kwon Jaeun, wake up.” He shook her a bit. He looked at Yoonmi. “She’s sick last night.” He told her. “Do we have some food in the camp?” He asked trying to cover up the awkwardness at their position.

L is still worried that Jaeun would still have the hangover of her fever today. She didn’t eat anything healthy last night and she was out in the cold. Of course it must be hard on her part.

Jaeun stirred up and scratched her eyes. “Is it morning already?” She asked.

“Jae, it’s almost afternoon! We have to get back to camp and go home.” Yoonmi replied.

L looked at Jaeun upon standing up. She still looked weak but at least her complexion was better than last night. She still looked like a zombie though. But like I said, better.

“We must get back really quick.” L ordered. He turned to Jaeun. “Can you walk?” He asked.

Jaeun nodded, feeling a little better than last night.

“Good.” L said. “Help, Ms. Kwon up. Then let’s get to the camp.” He ordered Yoonmi and Jungkook who acted as fast as they could.

L sighed hard when they were walking back to the camp. His mind is flooded with Jaeun’s voice and facial expressions when they were playing the 21 questions game. He couldn’t forget how his heart thumped really loud when he saw her smile and laugh.

What’s happening to him, though? Why is he acting like this?

He shook his head one more time before taking another deep breath. He should always keep his head straight. Jaeun is taken. He should never fall for her.

No. Why is he even thinking of falling for her? He’s not falling. Those palpitations doesn’t mean he’s falling. He’s just…wavered. Yes. He’s just wavered. That’s just about it.

“Sir, come here and eat.” Jungkook called him as soon as they reached the camp.

L looked at the table that Jungkook is pointing at and saw Jaeun smiling widely while eating with the other workers. He suddenly stopped.

Distance.

If he wanted to clear his head, he has to keep distance from her. He must not go 5 feet-near her or else, his heart would go crazy again.

“Later.” He replied to Jungkook. “I’ll just go change.” He reasoned out.

Jungkook didn’t question him and just walked to the table.

L walked fast to his tent and threw himself on the floor. “This couldn’t be. No, Kim Myungsoo. Just no.” He told himself.

He shut his eyes and concentrated on clearing his head.

“You can’t fall for a taken woman.” He chanted repeatedly and breathed heavily.

--

If L thought the eating part was the hardest, he was so wrong. The whole bus ride is way way way way harder than eating together with Jaeun.

Apparently, Jaeun is seated beside him again because everyone agreed that their proper places would be their seats when they came in.

L mentally cursed all his workers as he seated so tensed beside Jaeun on the bus. He was overly tensed that even Jaeun could notice.

“Are you alright?” Jaeun asked him.

L shut his eyes praying that h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter