Impossible

Her Other Man
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 11: Impossible

The group was divided into two teams for the games and the tasks. One team is in charge for the cooking and the other group is for looking of food and the logs to be used for fire.

Apparently, Jaeun was feeling really irked off that she had to be in the same team as this arrogant supervisor. She isn’t that choosy to what group she had to be in but this one. She didn’t want to be anywhere near Kim Myungsoo and she knows that everyone in the group knows that too!

Yoonmi walked to her to ask if she’s alright – probably because Yoonmi is not in the same group as her – to be in the same group with her ‘Most Hated Person’.

“I’m just going to endure for this weekend.” Jaeun beamed and Yoonmi nodded. To be honest, no matter how much Jaeun repels, she couldn’t do anything. The grouping was random. It was a fishbowl technique and everyone was a witness of how the draw-lots was done.

Yoonmi patted Jaeun’s shoulder and gave her an assuring smile. “I’m sure you’re going to pull through it.” She told her and Jaeun nodded. “I will.”

Right then, the facilitator called their attention and they all gathered around.

“Stand with your group.” The facilitator ordered and everyone followed.

Jaeun sighed and walked beside Jina, another female employee who is really smitten by L’s handsomeness. She made it sure that she is standing as far from L as possible.

“Since it’s about to get dark, we will start looking for foods and logs for tonight’s dinner.” The facilitator started. “The teams are bound to do what they are supposed to do. For the team in-charge for cooking, there are ingredients that are waiting for you in the cooking area. For the other team, you have to collect logs for the bonfire later.”

Everyone in Jaeun’s team was whining. Even though half of them are males, there are still female members and they are all complaining on why they have to go through that.

Their point was, can’t they just wait for the boys to come back so that they can be the ones in charge of putting up a fire? It actually makes sense. Why would the females have to go through the hardships and risk their bodies to go to the forest when there are a lot of males in the group?

Can there just be a little sense of gentlemanliness?

“The females should be paired with 1 or 2 males to go to the forest. If anything happens, just blow your whistle.” The facilitator beamed.

Jaeun sighed together with other girls. If she isn’t scared of having her fever come back again, she wouldn’t even complain. But it’s different. She’s actually starting to feel dizzy and her temperature’s slowly rising.

“Go and be back before the sunset.”

Everyone couldn’t do anything and just paired up with some random co-worker and just walked straight to the forest holding their whistles and flashlights.

Jaeun sighed hard as she walked to the forest as well. Maybe she just has to endure what she’s feeling right now and everything will be alright. Yes, positive thoughts could lead to positive results, right?

She looked at her co-workers to look for a partner to tag along with but everyone seemed to have a girl in their group already. Except for one.

But there is no way that she is going to be with him. Not with that arrogant supervisor, not with that Kim Myungsoo!

She rolled her eyes as she caught him glancing her way. Why must she suffer this way?

“You alone?” She heard that arrogant man’s voice. It seems like he walked to her when she was busy looking at the surrounding, thinking of how she would survive this journey alone.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter