The White Flag

Her Other Man
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 10: The White Flag

“Is everyone here yet?” L asked Jungkook as the other employees under his department boarded on the bus.

L’s department would be undergoing their very own Team Building for the weekend. Everyone is so psyched about this – even those girls who were grunting in disapproval when L announced the theme of the team building.

“Not yet, Sir.” Jungkook replied.

L sighed and clucked his tongue. It was already almost 7AM and they all agreed to meet before 7. “Who else is not here yet?” He asked as he tried to calm himself.

Of all the things and traits that L disliked, he dislikes tardiness the most.

“Manager Kwon isn’t here yet.” Jungkook replied as he looked at the employees slowly getting into the bus. He was checking each employee’s presence. “She’s the only one.” He concluded as every employee had boarded the bus.

L felt his blood rising when he knew who the only missing one is. She is the manager for crying out loud. How dare she be late?

And to think that she gets all praises when her sunbaes talk about her. How could she be late on a very important day for her own department?

L shut his eyes and exhaled heavily. He was sorry that he got into her nerves and he felt difficult when she was ignoring him like air in the office unless he asks her to do something but this is a thing that he couldn’t just let go of.

“You can go inside the bus now, too.” L told Jungkook who followed obediently. He looked at his watch and sighed. It’s already 7AM. They better get going.

With or without Jaeun.

“Aish! Who is she to wait for anyways?” L mumbled to himself as he strutted to the bus himself. And yes, who is she to be treated as a very important person, anyway? She was just someone who is the reason behind L’s confusion these days. She wasn’t that important. Meh.

“Mr. Kim! Won’t we wait for Jaeun?” Yoonmi asked him as L boarded the bus.

“No. She’s late. We don’t tolerate tardiness in the office, do we?” He replied sharply making the employees gulp in fright.

L sighed and sat on his seat at the front part of the bus. He pursed his lip into a firm line as he secretly waited for a woman to be arriving soon as the bus revs.

The bus started to move but there was still no Kwon Jaeeun.

As much as L didn’t want to admit to himself, he was secretly wishing that she would come. Although it’s not impossible for her to not come since she loathes him the most these days.

L looked out the window and was startled when the bus suddenly stopped.

“Sir, Ms. Kwon is here,” The driver told him.

L looked at the front where Jaeun was. Her hands are spread as if stopping the whole bus by sacrificing her body while she panted really deeply.

The bus door opened and she went inside. She bowed at L.

“Sorry, I’m late.” She apologized then looked at an empty spot.

L scoffed at her. How could she just say ‘Sorry, I’m late’ that easily without proper emotions and sincerity?

“There are no more empty seats because some of the bags that wouldn’t fit in the compartment are placed at the back.” L heard Jungkook tell Jaeun. “You can have my seat though, Jaeun.” He generously offered.

L shook his head as he listened to the conversation.

“Oh! There is one empty seat.” Yoonmi beamed.

“Where?”

“Beside Mr. Kim!” Yoonmi replied.

L shut his eyes before looking back at his employees. Jaeun was looking at him expressionless. It was like she’s indirectly telling him that she would never sit beside him.

“Go on, Jae!” Yoonmi pushed her. “It’s better than standing all throughout the 5-hour ride, right?” She made a point.

Jaeun looked at L and sighed. “Fine.” She replied as she strutted towards L who was shocked that she agreed that easily.

L sat properly beside the window and looked at Jaeun. “Don’t lean your head on me when you fall asleep.” He warned her and Jaeun rolled her eyes at him. “As if I could fall asleep with a devil beside me.” She muttered under breath as she looked the other way.

L scoffed when he heard her mumbling. “What a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter