She's Fallen

Her Other Man
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 22: She’s Fallen

"Are you alright?"

L asked Jaeun when he noticed that she's not talking much. It's not like she's talkative and all but she's abnormally quiet. She doesn't even answer L's questions and just kept eating.

L became worried. If this was about Sooyeon, he couldn't forgive himself.

What in the world is she doing here anyway? She should've just stayed to where she is.

Jaeun just nodded and continued eating her steak, without uttering a single word.

"Please, Baby, talk to me." He pleaded.

"I'm not your baby." She curtly replied.

L sighed. What the hell is wrong with Jaeun? It's good if she's jealous but she doesn't have to act like this.

"Jaeun," he started. "If you're jealous, you could just-"

"I'm not jealous. Why do I have to be jealous? I don't have the right to be jealous. Not even a teensy bit of jealousy." She remarked and L was taken aback.

So, she is jealous. Or maybe she just couldn't admit to herself that she is. After all, she's still in the denial stage of her feelings for him.

L took a deep breath. "Jaeun, Baby-"

"Don't Baby me. How many times do I have to tell you that?" She asked slightly annoyed at him.

L sighed. "Kwon Jaeun, why are you so cold all of a sudden?" He asked. Sure, Jaeun is really against this whole setup but she isn't this cold to L. At least not like this pissed. When he kisses her, she responds. When he hugs her, she whines a little but she doesn't push him that far. But right now, he can really see that she's mad. She's angry.

Jaeun rolled her eyes at him. "I am not mad. I'm just hungry that's why I'm this quiet. I'm just not in the mood today."

He knows she's lying. He can see when she's lying. She bites her lip.

He didn't argue any further hoping that she would return back to normal when they get out of this restaurant.

He accidentally glanced at Sooyeon's way and he could see her smiling at him like crazy. How he wanted to get out of this place already!

Sooyeon is a part of the past that he didn't want to look back on. She's the main reason why he isolated himself from the opposite . She's the girl that he loved so dearly but had the guts to hurt him like hell.

That's why he hates her so much. That's why he didn't want to see her ever again.

"She's your ex?"

L paused when he heard Jaeun ask him that question. He looked at her and her face is really curious.

Damn! He must have seen him ogling at Sooyeon!

"Look, Jaeun, she's a part of my past. You don't have to worry-"

"I'm not bothered." She cut his words. "Aren't you going to get back together?" She asked. 

L's jaw dropped. "Are you giving me away?" He asked in disbelief.

She shook her head. "I don't have the right to give you away because you're not mine in the first place." She retorted.

L narrowed his eyes on her. Hearing these words from her makes him want to shout and marry her right here, right now. "Do you want to own me then?" He asked. "You can take me anytime, Jaeun." He said in a serious tone.

She looked at him and sighed. "Can we not-"

"No, Ba

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter