Do you want me to answer that?

Her Other Man
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 31: Do you want me to answer that?

Jaeun and her mom were busy preparing for the Christmas Eve celebration while L and Mr. Kwon were busy fishing in the sea.

Jaeun didn’t expect her parents to be so open and welcome with L but at least they are. She doesn’t know how to deal with parents not being okay with a daughter’s friend, anyway.

“Does Myungsoo not have a girlfriend?” Mrs. Kwon asked her.

Jaeun paused on making kimbap and looked up to her mother. “He doesn’t.” Because she is the apple of his eyes, Mother. There’s no other woman because Jaeun is the one.

Mrs. Kwon raised her brow. “Is he really that close to you?” She asked her again.

Jaeun suddenly grew nervous. What if her mother notices that there’s something about her and L? What would her mother think of her?

Ah! Why is everything so hard?

“Yes, Mom.” Jaeun replied and she immediately resumed to making kimbap. Her father loves the kimbap she makes.

Mrs. Kwon just nodded but she was still in doubt of what the two really are. No girl would normally bring home a friend but it is her daughter. She didn’t want to conclude that fast.

“Just be careful of what you do.” Her mother told her.

Jaeun looked up to her and nodded. “I am, Mom.” She replied as she felt really bad for everyone around her.

Sure she doesn’t know what she feels right now but can you blame her if being with L gives her this certain different feeling from being with Jin?

Happiness is subjective and would you blame her if she’s being happy with L and Jin? Would you blame someone who searches for her own happiness? No. She’s just caught up with a funny situation. She’s one victim of a ed up situation.

Not long after, L and Mr. Kwon came from fishing.

“Jaeun!” Her dad called her just as he entered the door. “Your friend got it for the fishes! He caught a big one!” He beamed as he tapped L’s shoulders.

Jaeun looked at L and smiled. Somehow, even though she’s nervous of how her parents would view him and her, at least they don’t show it face to face.

L just shrugged at her and smiled. Jaeun rolled her eyes shaking her head. “You have a good luck, I guess.” She shrugged.

L scoffed. “I got skills, Jaeun. Skills.” He beamed as he followed Mr. Kwon to the lawn for the grilling of the fishes they caught.

Jaeun watched him walk to the lawn and smiled. Is she getting used to L’s conceitedness?

On the other side, Mrs. Kwon looked at how Jaeun watched L. Her eyes and her expression said it all. She’s fallen for a different guy.

--

“Have you met my daughter’s boyfriend?” Mr. Kwon asked L as they were grilling the fishes on the lawn of the house.

L paused from fanning the fish and smiled to himself weakly. “Seokjin?” He asked.

Mr. Kwon looked at L with a smiling face. “Oh! So you know him?” He beamed, surprised.

L nodded reluctantly and continued fanning the grill. “I’ve met him a couple of times.” He replied. This is how hard it is for L. He was introduced as a friend and now he has to endure all of the pain because her parents knew him as a friend. Only as a friend.

He wanted to be something more but how can it be when everyone doesn’t know how he feels for her? How could he when he couldn’t even tell her how much he loves her in front of a lot of people?

He is her little dirty secret. He is her second man. He is her other man. How can it be easy for him?

“Is he taking care of my daughter well?” Mr. Kwon asked.

L smiled and suddenly he wanted to say that Jin doesn’t. He wanted to say that if Jin did, he would’ve been here. Jin would be the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter