Her Family

Her Other Man
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 30: Her Family

“How’s your family doing?”

L asked Jaeun as they got down from the plane. He helped her with her tons of luggage and waited for a cab.

Jaeun looked at him. “They’re doing fine.” She replied. “They don’t actually know that I am coming home today.” She added.

L gave her a look. “Then it’s going to be a double surprise because I am coming with you and I’m a stranger.” He spoke.

Jaeun smiled. She knows how nervous L is right now. He’s been asking about her family since they were in the plane.

Is her father strict and authoritative?

Is her mother meticulous?

Would they kick him out of the house because they don’t want him for their one and only daughter?

He didn’t know. And it’s freaking him out.

He knows that even if he introduced himself as a friend, they would still suspect something about him and their daughter. Damn it. This is all Jin’s fault. If he isn’t her boyfriend, then, he wouldn’t be this nervous.

Being a boyfriend is one thing, being here as a friend is different. It’s more suspicious and controversial.

“Relax.” Jaeun told him. “They’re not what parents are on the TV.” She beamed.

L looked at her and sighed. “I can’t help it, Baby. I’m scared. What if they don’t want me for you-“

“It’s going to be alright.” She cut his words. “You’re my friend today, right?” She asked.

L looked at her and sighed. “Yes, I am.” He replied.

“Then you’ve got nothing to worry about.” She told him. “It’s not yet the time for you to wonder if they like you for me or not.”

“Yet?” L raised his brow as he suppressed a smile coming from his mouth.

Jaeun gave him a look. “What?” She asked innocently, not getting the point.

L leaned closer to her. “Then in the future, should I worry about that?” He asked.

Jaeun’s mouth flung open when she realized what she had just said.

L chuckled. “No, you can’t take it back, Baby.” He said smiling really widely.

--

“Mom? Dad?”

Jaeun called as soon as they reached their house near the beach. She looked at L who seemed awed at their house.

“I like houses near the beach.” He said.

Jaeun smiled and looked for her parents. She’s nervous on how her parents would think of L as well but the thing is, she can’t show it to him. She can’t show him that, like him, she’s nervous as well.

What friend would spend the holidays with his friend who’s going home to her province? Damn it. If there wasn’t anything going on between them, no friend would do that.

“Jaeun?”

Jaeun looked behind her and saw her mother smiling widely at her. She immediately ran to her and hugged her tight. Oh, Lord! How she missed her mother so much. She only gets to spend some holidays at home so no one could even fret on how much she misses her family every day.

Her mother held her tight as well as she smiled. “You didn’t tell me you’re going home today.” She told her daughter. “We should’ve fetched you from the airport.” She added.

Jaeun smiled and shook her head. “It’s a surprise, Mom.” She smiled. “You look thinner.” She commented as she eyed her mother from head to toe.

Her mother smiled. “I have been working out, what do you think?” She asked as she turned around to let her see more of the improvement.

Jaeun almost rolled her eyes on her mom who feels so teenager-ish. She glanced at L who’s smiling widely at their interaction. “

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter