Group Project

YOLO

"Okay, class! For this class, there is not... going to be a final year written examination..." my English teacher, Mr. Song, announced, the moment he did, the whole class was in an uproar of cheers.

I sat in my seat, stunned at their sudden upburst of happiness. Usually the whole class was dead during lessons, I had no idea that my classmates actually had... emotions because everyone looked so emotionless when class starts.

"SIT DOWN!!!" Mr. Song demanded and slowly, the noise quietened down and everyone sat back at their seats.

"There is no written examination however there is a final year group project," Mr. Song explained.

"I PICK PRETTY SOWON!" Jackson shouted as he squatted on his chair and pointed at me.

I laughed at his childishness while Mr. Song pushed his shoulder to have him sit back down properly.

"The selection of group members will be made by me. It'll be decided by drawing lots," Mr. Song said as he took out a box with a hole in the middle.

He started drawing lots, announcing a group for every 4 names he picked.

"Group 4... Kang Sowon... Choi Youngjae..." Mr. Song said.

Youngjae and I made eye contact right away and he placed his hand out in front of me. I had learnt that that meant he wanted a high five so I high fived him quick.

"Joining them... Jackson Wang..." Mr. Song continued on.

Jackson stood up on his table and started shooting imaginary arrows at me. He then gave me a cheeky wink and Youngjae and I laughed hysterically when Mr. Song approached him and pulled on his pants to make him sit down. Jackson sat down straight away before his pants dropped, revealing his underwear.

"The last member... Kim Yugyeom..." Mr. Song announced.

The whole class started cheering again while I sat down quietly, again confused while Jackson and Youngjae seemed angry. I looked at the back to see Yugyeom sleeping, not caring about anything that was happening in class. I leaned in towards Youngjae.

"Why?" I asked.

"Haish... Once you have Kim Yugyeom in your group, you're dead meat..." Youngjae said sadly.

I raised an eyebrow at him, signalling to him that I was still lost.

"He wouldn't contribute anything so we'll be short on manpower. What's more we'll have the guy with the shortest attention span in class in our group," Youngjae complained, the last part refering to Jackson Wang.

"Well, I'll talk to Yugyeom then..." I said,

When I said that, Youngjae chuckled and pinched my cheek.

"Yah... You're really cute, Sowon ah... Sometimes I think you're Hello Kitty in a human form," he said after letting go of my cheek.

AFTER SCHOOL...

I searched for Yugyeom after school. People have been telling me that that they didn't see him leave yet so he was still in school. Just then, at the top most floor of the school, I heard music coming from one of the dance rooms. I looked around me and realised that there was no one on that floor except for me and those who were in that room. I peeked in the small window of the door and saw Yugyeom dancing. He had his uniform shirt ed halfway, revealing a white tank underneath. He was drenched with sweat and his shirt stuck on his defined muscles that... I liked it for some weird reason. I hoped that that feeling was normal though.

Just then, noticing too late, Yugyeom had realised I was watching me and staring right at me. Since I was caught, I opened the door slowly and took a step in before closing the door behind me.

"Seriously, are you stalking me?" Yugyeom asked, panting.

I scoffed.

"No, I have to talk to you about something," I said.

"If its about the 100,000 won, I can't pay that back in one whole lump sum," he said as he started packing his stuff.

"You don't have to pay me back in cash... I want you to do something else instead," I said.

 

YUGYEOM'S POV

"God... This is going to be good..." I thought to myself.

I turned around and looked at her. I looked into her eyes again... it was strange how they were so hypnotic to me. Its crazy. Then I realized I was supposed to ask her what she wanted.

"Well, what?" I asked.

"I want you to co-operate with the rest of the team for the group project," she said.

I started laughing loudly at what she said while she just stared at me blankly. She probably thought I was crazy.

"Erm... That's not happening..." I said as I finished packing everything and went out the door.

I heard the door open and close as I walked down the hallway. She caught up to me and grabbed my hand. Usually if people did that, I'd give them a beating but... I didn't with her. It was irritating me how I can't behave the way I want with Kang Sowon.

"Look... I don't need your money. Just do some work with us. What's so difficult? Fine, you can just read the information we pick out while I type it down," she said, a hint of desperation in her voice.

"NO WAY. Now please just be like everyone else and LEAVE ME ALONE," I said firmly before breaking into a run.

I heard her running behind me, chasing me down but heck no, I wasn't going to have some psycho---

 

I fell to the floor when I felt as if my heart stopped pumping for a second. Blackness filled my vision and the only thing I remembered before I was knocked out completely was the sound of hurried footsteps towards me.