Best Friend

YOLO

Bambam's house was really far from the city. It was still near Seoul though and fortunately, it was still an okay distance from school. Bambam's directions led me to a quiet road where there were small houses beside it. There was a forest behind the houses and it seemed scary since the whole place was mostly in total darkness since it was still night time.

(Bambam's house is the third from the left)

Bambam was waiting for me at the steps in front of the door.

"Bambam..." I called out in a hushed tone.

He looked up and saw me. He stood up and hugged me. We stayed there for a few seconds before he let go and looked into my eyes.

"You're okay, right? You want to go back?" He asked and I shook my head... for both questions.

The both of us went in. He flicked on a switch and the lightbulb hung in the middle of the small living room , giving off a dim faint yellow light. A woman was sleeping on the sofa, she had Bambam's pouty lips and nose which made me realise that she was Bambam's mother.

"Um... We're out of beds and my siblings sleep on the second floor. You can use my mattress," he whispered as he pointed to the thin mattress that was on the floor right next to the window.

"Then how about you?" I asked as I put my bags on the floor beside the mattress.

He smiled at me.

"I'll just sleep on the floor," he said.

I looked everywhere around me. The house wasn't in a total mess but dust could be clearly seen everywhere. Besides, the floor was wooden and could hurt his back so I shook my head.

"I brought a blanket. I can sleep on the floor and use the blanket as a mattress," I offered.

"No way. You should sleep on the mattress. I insist," he said as he sat down on the floor beside the mattress.

I sighed and gave my blanket to him. I mouthed a thank you and again, he smiled at me.

 

"OMMA!!!!!!!"
 

I woke up straight away and realised that it was already morning. My eyes widened and I checked the time to see that it was 5am. School started at 7.30am and it would take 1.5 hours to get there so fortunately, I had some time to kill. I hadn't realised that 2 small boys and 2 small girls were sitting down beside me, staring at me with big, wide eyes.

"Hi!" one of them chirped.

I laughed nervously in reply and smiled. Just then, Bambam came down from the second floor.

"Yah, yah, yah... Go and tidy up your rooms and wash yourselves up instead of embarassing me," he instructed.

The 4 children turned around and smiled at Bambam cheekily.

"Is she your girlfriend?" one of the girls asked.

"YAH!" Bambam shouted and the 4 kids ran up the stairs laughing after humiliating their brother.

"Hahaha... Sorry about that..." he said as he gave me a cup of water.

"Nah, its fine... Oh, I better explain to your parents about me staying here for awhile," I said as I stood up.

"My mother already left for her check up... Besides, I already told her everything... and she understands. My father... he... uh... he took off," he said and I was at a loss for words.

"Gosh, Bambam, I'm so sorry," I said and he just sighed.

"He kept on complaining about my mother being sick and saying that because of all of us his life was ruined. So, yeah, he just left. He was decent enough to leave some money so I can't hate him so much," he said.

I couldn't understand how Bambam felt. HIs father left during the moment his family needed him most yet they actually understood. I mean I was sure Bambam disliked his father but... he didn't hate him.

"So... Kang Sowon, the girl that loves everyone else around her especially her parents... Why run away from home?" Bambam asked as we both sat on the sofa.

I sighed and shook my head.

"Omma threatened me saying that she would make sure Yugyeom wouldn't have a good future if I didn't break contact with him. I just couldn't breathe easily in that house anymore," I said sadly.

"Ah... Its okay, I understand. You can stay here for a long time if you want to... I get alone sometimes. My mother is usually at the hospital and the kids... I just want them to not worry about money and stuff like that. I want to give them the one thing I always wanted..." he said.

"What's that?" I asked.

"Education... Studying with other people their age... Making stupid decisions sometimes and messing up... Have a shot a a great future. For me, it had always been work but I don't really mind sacrificing my future for the people I love. It's worth it.." he said positively.

I shook my head in disbelief and laughed. I hadn't realised that in many ways Bambam and I were the same. We didn't get to the the things other normal teens our age coould do. Sometimes... we even feel alone eventhough we're in a room full of people.

"Well, I guess I'm not the only one that isn't normal like other teenagers," I said with a smile.

Bambam placed his hand on my shoulder and smiled comfortingly.

"That's right, you got me," he said.

"Hey... That makes us best friends right? Because we both can relate and we don't actually have to say it to know," I said and Bambam started laughing.

"Yeah... Best friends," he agreed.

"Oh! School!" I yelled as I shot up and grabbed my clothes in my backpack.

"Erm... Sowon?" Bambam called out.

"Yeah?" I asked as I fumbled through my stuff.

"... Its Saturday," he said, on the verge of laughing.

I instantly stopped looking and facepalmed myself with my hand.

"Saturday..." I sighed to myself.

(First off, I would really like to sincerely apologize if my chapters have not been up to standard... I've just been going through so much sh*t recently and its kind of affecting my mood and all that. Yeah, I knows its an excuse. I'm really sorry. I'll try to improve and write better chapters and stories. Moving on to better news, the next two stories will be about Bambam and Youngjae! Also a fellow subscriber has requested to do a sequel for the Mark story. Let me know in the comment section below if you want it or if you're shy just upvote on Mark's story and I'll take note. Thank you guys so so much for reading and so sorry once again. I'll try to be better for you guys. Love you all! Muah!)