First Day Of School

YOLO

I entered Year 12... probably the worst year to be new in school, especially since I have not been in public school before. The gates were large and the students were all walking in groups or if not, with their girlfriends or boyfriends while Appa was walking me to the gate. Evetoryone was staring at me... and they started giggling. I had no idea why... was it not normal to have your parents accompany you to school?

"Sowon ah. Here's your allowance," Appa said as he handed me 100,000 won (100 dollars).

I took it happily and then I noticed that everyone started whispering into one another's ears as they stared at me.

"Appa... is this normal?" I asked.

"Hm? Ahhh... I'm just giving you extra just in case," Appa said.

"Now, remember what I said, okay?" he asked.

I sighed and nodded.

"No running... jumping or hopping... no P.E classes and if I feel pain, I have to call you," I repeated monotonously.

He kissed my cheek and I heard loud laughs from a group of people which I swear, I knew they were laughing at me. Appa walked back to his car and drove off... leaving me alone.

"I've never seen you around here before..."

I was scared of my wits by the sudden closeness of the unfamiliar voice. I stepped to the right and turned to my left to see a boy staring at me. He flashed me a charming, cute smile and laughed atv my reaction.

 

(Italics are in english)

"Hahaha! Sorry, if I scared you! Hi! My name is Youngjae~ How are you~" Youngjae greeted himself.

I started laughing at his goofy introduction.

"Hi, I'm Sowon. Kang Sowon to be exact. NIce to meet you, Youngjae," I said and his expression changed.

He looked so blur and that was enough to make me laugh harder.

"What the?! Your english is DAEBAK!" Youngjae exclaimed as we started walking in the school.

So Youngjae and I were FORTUNATELY in the same class and I was so glad because people seemed to look like they were going to punch me in the face. They all just kept on staring and I had no idea why. There was ann empty seat beside Youngjae so I sat there.

"YAH! THAT'S MY SEAT!!!" some guy screeamed behind me.

 

I turned around quickly and faced him. He looked really, really scary... and his muscles were big that I knew he could easily crush me. I looked at him and his face changed, as in, his glare changed into a well... more friendlier stare, I guess?

"I'm so sorry. My mistake..." I said as I grabbed my bag to move to another table.

"Oh.. Um... No, its fine. You can sit here. I'll... see you around," he said which took me aback.

He smiled goofily at me which made me smile for some reason. Then he went to another table to sit down.

"That's Jackson Wang, by the way. He's kind of scary if you get on his bad side but other than that, he's a total goofball," Youngjae said with a laugh.

"Ah..." I said.

Some girls then came in and as per usual... THEY GLARED AT ME. I was getting tired of it! Like seriously, was there something wrong with me?

"Youngjae... do I look weird?" I asked.

He looked at me and laughed.

"Not at all," he said.

"Then why do people keep on glaring or staring at me?" I asked, frustrated.

Youngjae looked dumbfounded.

"Have you taken a look in the mirror?" he asked.

"Well... Yeah, while I was getting ready for school," I said... definitely not getting his sarcasm.

"People have been staring at you because you're absolutely beautiful and girls glare at you because they're jealous..." he said.

"Beautiful? Being beautiful is something to be envious about?" I thought to myself because I didn't get it.

"Yah... Why do you think Jackson let you have his seat so easily~" Youngjae chirped.

Before I could answer, the door slammed open causing everyone's attention to focus at the entrance door. A really tall boy came in. To be honest, he looked really scary like Jackson Wang but... he seemed... different. The boy continued walking until he reached his table at the back of the class and slept.

"Who's that?" I asked Youngjae as I turned to face him.

 

"Ah... That's Kim Yugyeom. He doesn't socialize much and... he doesn't really like... people. No idea why though. He doesn't bother people unless people bother him so he kind of has a reputation of scaring some teachers who wake him up in class. All in all, he's not someone you should worry about or get close to... Well, unless you want to then... Hwaiting!" Youngjae said.

Once Youngjae told me about him, my curiousity about Kim Yugyeom vanished. One of the many things I hate in life are people who make other people suffer. I felt bad for the teachers... and those who had to work with him for those group projects.

"Wouldn't think about it..." I said before bending down to take my stationery out.