Everything Okay?

YOLO

I sat on my high stool on the mini stage of the cafe, thinking of Yugyeom... more specifically worrying about him. As everyday passed, my heart was getting weaker and weaker. One day... my heart was going to either just stop or beat too fast that it would stop, that day was coming soon but no one knew when. My greatest fear was that when that was going to happen, Yugyeom would be the one beside me, desperately trying to make me breathe and ease my pain eventhough he knew he couldn't. I was afraid of making him feel helpless and hopeless and I knew he was going to feel that sometime later.

"Sowon ah..." I heard JR say in a hushed tone.

I turned to the side and saw JR and Bambam staring at me worriedly.

"You okay?" JR asked and I nodded slightly.

I got up and headed towards the piano and started playing it.

(Song: Suzy - So many tears with english subtitles http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxhAMp0PDyE )

"Sowon..." I heard Bambam call out, his tone filled with worry.

I realised that I was crying and some of the customers were staring at me in shock. I felt my heart beating fast... too fast all of a sudden. Flustered, I ran out of the cafe through the backdoor and I heard people gasp in shock from behind me. I stumbled out and I was in a dark alley. I leaned my hands against the dirty, concrete brick wall, trying to catch my breathe as the pain kicked in. I heard the backdoor slam open, followed by rushed footsteps. Someone held my hands and under the dim, orange light, I saw JR with Bambam close behind him.

"Sowon... Its okay... Breathe, breathe..." JR said and I did.

I felt a sudden jolt of pain and I let out a pained groan before leaning my head on JR's shoulder. After a few minutes, just like that, the pain stopped and I kpet on taking in deep breaths. I stepped away from JR and I swept my bangs to the side as my forehead was burning.

"Are you okay? What just happened?" Bambam asked as he came to my side and placed his hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah... I'm... I'm fine..." I said.

JR continued to stare at me.

"There's something you're not telling us, isn't there? Why do you collapse every time you break into a run? Why are guards always accompanying you everywhere?" JR asked, sounding more serious with every question.

I looked at him and then back at Bambam. I had to tell them too and I did. They continued to stare at me, in deep thought, as I explained everything. It took them a few seconds to respond after I had finished.

"Why didn't you tell us earlier?" JR asked, a hint of anger in his voice.

"JR ah..." I called out, trying to calm him down.

"If this didn't happen and I didn't ask, would you never have told us?!" JR scolded.

"JR, enough... Just relax for a second," Bambam adviced.

"AND ONE DAY IF SOMETHING HAPPENS TO YOU AND YOU'RE JUST GONE, WHAT ABOUT US?! WE WOULDN'T EVER KNOW AND WE'D JUST BE HERE WAITING FOR YOU HOPELESSLY!" JR yelled.

It was dark... but anyone could see that tears were flowing down his face. I took a step forward towards him but straight away JR went back into the cafe.

"But you're like... okay for now, right?" Bambam asked.

I smiled sadly and nodded.

"I think its better if you leave now, Sowon... for you and for JR," he said and I couldn't agree more.

LATER ON THAT NIGHT...

 

YUGYEOM'S POV

Bambam had told me that Sowon told him and JR about the illness. I dialed Sowon's number in my phone.

"Hello?" she greeted me, her voice a bit husky... like she had been crying.

"Um... Everything okay?" I asked.

I started hearing her sniffle and I knew she was having a rough day.

"No..." she said, depressed.

"... Why?" I asked, not knowing what else to say.

"Because I'm dying..." she said as I heard her cry harder.

"Because I feel like I'm letting everyone around me down... Because I want to live normally but I can't and that ... Because I want to be anyone else except for Kang Sowon... Because... I don't want to live this life..." she said in between sobs.

I continued hearing her cry... and it hurt me not being able to take even the slightest pain away from her.

"Sowon, tell me what I can do to make you at least feel a bit happier," I said, sounding more like a plead to be honest.

"Can you run away with me?" she whispered with a sniffle.

"Run away?" I asked, baffled by the sudden request from a girl that has a smile plastered on her face.

"We can run away... We'd travel everywhere around the world and do the most dumbest things because we both know life is too short to be afraid..." she said.

"Yeah... we could do that..." I said.

"You'd really run away with me? What if one day, you realise that I'm not that worth it?" she asked.

"First off... Yes, I would run away with you. Secondly, that day would never come because you are worth it. I'd go anywhere you'd go, Kang Sowon because I don't think I could live at ease without seeing your smile," I said.

"You see... That's what I'm afraid of... because one day... one day, you won't get to see me smile. One day and the many days and years afterwards, I... won't be there anymore," she said.

"That's why I wouldn't mind running away with you... because I'd get to spend every single minute with you before your heart stops beating," I said.

 

A tear trickled down my cheek when Yugyeom said that sentence. I never thought love would feel like this... I didn't know it had the power to make you feel like the happiest person on earth even after crying until your eyes were dry. I wasn't supposed to love like this... but I was glad I did anyway.

"So you want to run away huh?" he asked.

"Maybe later... After we graduate, right after the final presentation... lets run away," I said with a laugh.

I heard him laugh as well which just made me smile even wider.

"Okay, Kang Sowon..." he said.

There was silence afterwards. However, it wasn't an awkward silence, in fact, it felt comfortable.

"Its 11.30pm now..." I said.

"Yup..." he said.

"... But I can't sleep..." I said with a smile.

I heard him chuckle, a sign that he agreed.

"Then lets talk some more..." he said and we did.