Prom Runaways

YOLO

"Yeobo... I'm not comfortable with this plan... Lets bring Sowon back," Mrs. Kang said worriedly.

"No, that boy and I made a deal," Mr. Kang explained.

"But what if her heart stops even before she lands. Sowon has never been on a plane before!" Mrs. Kang continued on.

"Its a risk... but we have nothing to lose. For Sowon..." Mr. Kang replied.

 

It was the last day of school and I had one extra thing to be sad about. Later, everyone else was going to have a future, either studying or working... I wasn't even going to have one. School finished early because Prom would be held on the evening until night time.

"YOU DIDN'T BUY ANYTHING TO WEAR?!" Youngjae shouted.

"Well... can't I just wear any simple dress that I have?" I asked, scratching the back of my neck.

He shook his head and sighed.

"Do you have any girlfriends to go shopping with?" he asked and I shook my head, making him sigh again.

"Aigoo~ Come on! We'll go shopping," Youngjae groaned as we both went out the school.

"Yah! YAH!"

We both turned around to see Yugyeom running towards us.

"Where are you taking my girlfriend?" he asked Youngjae.

"Eeeekkk! HE CALLED ME GIRLFRIEND!!!" I scremaed in my head repeatedly.

"Your girlfriend here!!! Didn't go shopping for Prom," Youngjae nagged.

Yugyeom laughed.

"Yah, Kang Sowon... Don't you want to look pretty for your date?" Yugyeom teased.

"My date?" I asked.

"Me~ You're! (points at me) coming to the Prom with me! I'll pick you up at Bambam's house at 7pm," he said before leaving just like that.

Youngjae and I continued looking at Yugyepm as he walked away looking so carefree.

"Aigoo~ That guy... Anyways, lets go," he said.

LATER ON...

"Yah! ARE YOU MAKING A DRESS OR ARE YOU WEARING ONE?!" Youngjae yelled from outside of the changing room.

"I'M COMING!!!" I shouted back frustratedly.

A few seconds later, I took in a deep breath, hoping that it looked okay.

"Erm... Is it okay?" I asked nervously just before I came out of the room.

Youngjae's mouth remained open and he nodded.

"Get this one," he said firmly making me laugh.

"Shouldn't I try on more?" I asked but he quickly pushed me back into the room.

"No, no, no... THAT ONE! That one is perfect! I'll go pick out a pair of shoes for you!" he said as I heard him pitter patter further away.

 

7PM THAT DAY...

YUGYEOM'S POV

I came inside Bambam's house and was greeted with absolute silence which was strange considering that the monkeys would come up to me and climb all over me. Just then, Bambam came downstairs and gave me a high five. I realised that they were maybe out with their mother at the hospital.

"She looks beautiful," Bambam said as he stood beside me with a camera in his hands.

"I know..." I thought to myself.

"Okay! I'm coming down!" I heard Sowon say from the second floor.

"Hurry it up!" I shouted.

Just then, a pair of white heels were seen and she came into full view. Like many times before, it was like time stood still and the only thing that was moving was her. I couldn't not smile even if I tried... I mean, how could a guy not smile when they see the one they love look absolutely stunning.

She stood in front of me, worry showed all over her face.

"Youngjae told me to get this. I mean... I have more dresses at the mansion---" she said halfway when I interupted her.

"You're perfect," I blurted out.

I heard a contained chuckle from Bambam while Sowon's worried frown transformed into an angelic smile.

 

Bambam took some photos of us and after a few shots, we headed to the school for what felt like the last time. When we arrived, some of the floors were lighted and we saw that a lot of people were on the 3rd floor where the hall was at so we headed there.

(Mark and Bambam weren't there)

We both entered the hall and the first person that saw us was Jackson.

"OH MY GOD!!!" he exclaimed making me laugh and Yugyeonmm sigh.

He skipped over to us and looked at me from head to toe.

"Pretty Sowon became ever prettier! DAE~BAK!" he chirped.

"Thanks, Jackson. You look handsome too," I said.

Once I did, he started acting shy and JB quickly came over and gave him a backhug to contain him.

"You guys look great!" JB said over Jackson's shoulder.

"Yah, of course... I picked it out," Youngjae who had just come over, said.

JB looked at him judgingly.

"Why is it can you dress other people but whenever we go out, you just wear a t-shhirt, jenas and sneakers every single time?" JB asked.

While the two of them started their friendly arguments, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and was greeted by a bright smile from JR.

"Well, well... The first girl that I wanted to dance with and she's taken," he teased.

"Actually, I need to talk to you for a while... Sowon, can you please excuse us?" Yugyeom requested suddenly.

"Oh, yeah, sure," I said and the both of them headed out of the hall.

Meanwhile, Jackson, Youngjae, JB and I were dancing to 'Put Your Hands Up' by 2PM.

(WRITER: I LOVE 2PM!!!!!!!!! THEY WERE THE FIRST KPOP GROUP THAT I LOVED AND UNTIL NOW, THEY'RE STILL MY BIAS GROUP!!!)

I didn't really do much... just bobbing my head to the side and front and just pretty much stepping back and forth since I can't dance too much without blacking out and collapsing. After what seemed like a long time, I felt someone grab onto my hand. I turned back to see Yugyeom.

"Hey, you!" I greeted, after not seeing him for almost the whole night.

"We're going to be late," he said.

I had no idea what he meant.

"Huh?" I asked.

"We're running away, remember?" he said.

I stared at him for a few moments and then, the corners of my mouth turned up into a smile,

"Are you serious?" I asked and he nodded.

"REALLY???!!!!?!??!" I exclaimed before pouncing onto him and hugging him tight.

"Come on!" he said as he was prepared to pick me up and take off.

"Hold on! I want to say goodbye!" I said.

"Goodbye?!" Jackson said.

I turned to look at them and I saw mischievous looks on their faces.

"I invited them along. They'll be flying in tomorrow!" Yugyeom said with a bright smile.

 

YUGYEOM'S POV

Straight away, she let go of my hand and hugged every single one of them. I was glad that even for a second, she had forgotten about her disease.

"Smile a bit more, Sowon ah... Smile for me..." I thought to myself, recalling what I had discussed with Mr. Kang.