Gang of Weirdos

YOLO

"So, you're living at Bambam's house?" Youngjae asked.

JB, Jackson, Youngjae, Yugyeom and I were in the canteen, eating after school had ended. I had told them what happened and they were pretty shocked when they heard I had run away.

"Yeah... for the time being, until my parents calm down," I replied.

"Its weird though, I didn't get any texts today from my parents to come back... neither have I seen any of the security guards," I said.

"Maybe they've given up," Jackson suggested.

I doubted that that was the reason... but I nodded anyway. Appa was a doctor and Omma was a lawyer... giving up in a struggle wasn't actually their thing.

"Ah yes, you guys know about the group presentation coming soon right? The predsentation will be done in the hall... IN FRONT OF THE WHOLE SCHOOL," JB informed.

Shocked, Youngjae spurted all the rice he had in his mouth onto JB's face. JB glared at Youngjae and sighed. Youngjae laughed nervously and handed him a piece of tissue.

"Yeah, so you guys better be REALLY prepared," JB continued saying as he wiped the rice off his cheeks.

YUGYEOM'S POV

I noticed that Sowon was getting paler and paler by the second. Worried, I held her hand and she turned to face me, her eyes in a daze.

"Are you okay? You're feeling like fainting?" I asked.

I heard her gulp.

"I don't think I can do the presentation," she said softly.

I raised an eyebrow.

"You perform on stage at the cafe," I reminded her.

"Yeah, but that's like what? 20 to 30 people at most. This school has probably more than a hundred students and teachers. Yugyeom, my heart would burst the moment the spotlight  and everyone's eyes are on me," she said, worry in every word.

I laughed and shook my head. Sometimes she's just too cute to handle... Had no idea I would actually think about someone like that.

"If you're nervous then just look at someone or something, forget anything and everything else and just focus on one thing. It helped me during my presentations," I adviced.

She still looked worried but she nodded her head anyway.

 

It was Mathematics lesson... but all I could think about was the group presentation. Thinking about it made me nervous... which explained what came next.

Pain.

I gasped as quietly as I could, thankfuly, only Youngjae noticed since he was beside me. He looked nervously around the classroom and then paid attention to me. He held my hands tight and we sat closer together.

"Its okay... You're fine... Just breathe... Focus on something that makes you happy," he whispered.

I recalled those rainy days where Jung samchon would come up to my room and make sure I was okay, when Appa would run all the way up the stairs because he knew I couldn't run down and hug him after he finished his long day of work and when Omma would call me for breakfast every morning and whenever I walked down the stairs, she would smile so lovingly that it melted my heart every time. Then, I recalled the moment I walked into the school gates for the first time with Youngjae, the first teenager I had befriended, then Jackson who always said I was pretty and make me laugh at his funny antics, JB who would always wait for me beside the food stall so that we could walk back to the table together, Bambam, my first best friend, who always greeted me with a smile, JR who was like my brother who protected me and made sure I was okay and also Mark, who looked sad for me when he found out about my disease eventhough we weren't close. Then, there was Yugyeom who was cold and mysterious and distant at first. The moments I felt like time stopped whenever I saw him, the sparks that flew whenever we made eye contact, the determination in his voice when he told me he loved me and he wasn't going to leave, the laughter and tears we shared and the butterflies in my stomach whenever we kissed. All those precious moments that I was grateful for, all of them combined eased the pain and slowly, it faded away.

I snapped back ot reality to see Youngjae looking at me with concern.

"You okay?" he asked.

I heaved a sigh of relief and nodded. He smiled at me and shook his head.

"You have this tendency to scare me, Kang Sowon," he said before focusing back to the lesson.

LATER ON...

I walked into the cafe to see JR sweeping the floors.

"Hey, you," I greeted, he looked up at me and waved in reply.

"We go to the same school... but why do you always arrive way more earlier?" I asked as I took out the guitar from its casing since I was going to use it for one of my performances.

"Ah~ I asked permisssion from the principal if I could skip the last schedule which is the daily assemblies so that I could get to work faster. He knew I needed money and my grades are stable so he allowed it. Oh yeah, Bambam told me that you were staying at his house after a fight with your parents about Yugyeom. I just wanted to say that you're pretty brave standing up for what you believe in," he said.

I laughed and sighed in defeat.

"Hahaha... 'Brave'... Not brave enough to do a presentation..." I thought to myself.

At that moment, loud noises could be heard... and I knew exactly the source of it. I turned around and saw the rest of the boys walking inton the cafe, talking to one another noisily.

"Um... Hi," I greeted, they responded by showing me their goofy smiles.

"We want to see you perform!" JB exclaimed.

My eyes widened and I gasped in shock.

"No! Shoo!" I said as I tried to push them out.

"Come on! Let us see!" Jackson whined.

"Its... UGH! Its PRESSURIZING!" I complained.

"Exactly! Its the kind of practice that you need to make sure you do the presentation well," Yugyeom said and the rest responded with nods.

"Come on, more customers, more money," Bambam chirped as he tied his apron around his waist.

I sighed, knowing that they were going to stay anyway.

"Fine! Keep quiet okay?" I said and they all replied with goofy salutes.

JR laughed and wished me good luck as I started tuning my guitar.

LATER ON...

More customers came in and I had to perform.

"Hello, everyone. I hope you enjoy your dinner~" I said into the microphone.

"KANG SOWON DAEBAK!!!" JB yelled at the top of his lungs.

"KANG SOWON FIGHTING!!!" Jackson shouted.

The whole group started laughing to themselves. People were probably thinking that they were a gang of weirdos... which was true. They're all weird.

"I'll be singing 'Because I love you'... This song is inspired by someone that had passed away. She left a close friend of mine because she knew she was dying," I said.

I turned slightly and saw that JR was looking at me, tears in his eyes. He smiled slightly and nodded, telling me to carry on.

"She left because she really loved him and she didn't want to have him see her die. It made me wonder, whether I should leave the one I love for the same reason why she left my friend," I said as I made eye contact with Yugyeom.

"Every time I listen to this song, its like I'm in her mind and I understand why she did what she did. It made me wonder... but does leaving before dying, make the pain any more manageable? Anyways... here's Wendy's, 'Because I love you', I said.

( Wendy - Because I love you with eng subs and indonesian subs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TwQ6OqfRro )

(Just in case you guys can't access it... I bolded the lyrics that are most related to Sowon's and Yugyeom's case)

 

The autumn wind that blows into the window passes through my empty heart
I lean against the cold wall and look at the brightening dawn sky

I miss you but I can’t go close to you, I need to leave you now
You, who gave me such big and warm love into my lonely and dry eyes

I may regret leaving you but it’s because I love you
I can’t forget that I love only you but I need to erase you and my sadness

Under the bright sunlight, people are laughing and walking
But like the cold autumn sky, the whole world seems unfamiliar

I love you but I have to leave you, this is so hard
It was dark but I knew that tears were flowing from your eyes

I am only giving you scars but some day, you will understand my heart

I may regret leaving you but it’s because I love you
I can’t forget that I love only you but I need to erase you and my sadness

I may regret leaving you but it’s because I love you
I can’t forget that I love only you but my love, goodbye

 

I started crying at the bridge (The third last paragraph) and at the last part, my emotions just got the better of me and my voice wasn't pitch perfect.

"Saranghaneun geudaeyo... (My love...)" I sang, my voice starting to break up slightly.

I paused for a second and I saw that Yugyeom was crying silently, looking at me. I took in a small breath before singing the last word.

"Ann... yeong... (Goodbye...)" I said, sounding like a whisper.