Sowon, Yugyeom, Bambam and 4 monkeys

YOLO

THAT SAME MORNING...

YUGYEOM'S POV

I rushed over the moment Bambam called me saying that Sowon was staying over his house. I knocked on the door and there was Sowon, holding a small bowl of milk and cereal. She stared at me with wide eyes that soon turned red and teary. She placed the bowl on the small coffee table beside the door and hugged me tightly, standing on her tip toes.

"Its becoming a habit of mine to cry whenever I'm with you..." she said as she cried into my grey shirt.

I laughed and hugged her back.

"I'm sorry I make you cry then," I teased and I heard her laugh.

She let go of me but I kept my arms loosely hung around her waist.

"YUGYEOM IS HERE!!!" the kids yelled as they rushed down the stairs.

 

I quickly stepped away from Yugyeom and laughed hysterically as the 4 kids jumped on him, hugging him and giving him free kisses all over his face. Bambam came out of the kitchen with a big plate of noodles.

"Yah, yah, yah... Monkey boys 1 and 2, clean the dishes afterwards. Monkey girls 3 and 4, wipe the table after eating, okay?" Bambam instructed and the 4 kids ran over too the table and started eating.

Bambam headed over to Yugyeom and hugged him quick as a greeting.

"Um... I only have enough food for the kids. We'll have to eat out, I guess," Bambam said sadly.

"Come on, there's always food around. Can I see your kitchen?" I asked.

Bambam shrugged and led me to the kitchen. It was small... and a little dirty but then again, everything in my house was always spic and span so I guess I had to get used to it. I opened some cupboards and found some leftover rice, kimchi, some vegetables and eggs.

"I can make some Kimchi Fried Rice. How about it?" I asked as I held the red box of kimchi.

Yugyeom and Bambam exchanged glances at one another.

"Sure... but you know how to cook?" Bambam asked.

I started preparing the pots and ingredients as I talked.

"Yup. I was at home a lot and sometimes I'd cook with the kitchen staff if I had nothing to do... which was actually everyday so I'm okay at cooking, I guess," I said.

"Oooh~~~" they sounded in unison.

 

YUGYEOM'S POV

Bambam and I headed outside as the kids left to go to childcare while Sowon was still cooking. We sat down on the steps, where we always sat at to chill and talk.

"You came fairly late. You'd usually arrive in like 30 minutes... It took you about an hour this time," Bambam said.

(ITS IMPORTANT THAT YOU REMEMBER THIS AS THIS IS CRUCIAL FOR THE ENDING)

"Oh yeah... I headed to the hospital for a while," I said, trying not to reveal too much.

However, it was a habit of mine to underestimate Bambam's quick wits.

"Hospital? Why?" he asked suspiciously.

"You know to see Mark hyung," I lied.

Bambam continued to stare at me.

"... There's something you're not telling me..." he said.

"Bingo..." I thought to myself.

 

"ITS READY!!!" I shouted as I served the rice on the table.

Yugyeom came in alone. I looked past him but I didn't see Bambam.

"Where's Bambam?" I asked.

"Ah~ He wanted to walk around and get some fresh air. It's a nice day to do that so..." Yugyeom said as he sat down beside me.

He placed some rice on his plate and ate a spoonful. I looked at his expression. worried about his response.

"Mmmmmm!!!" he exclaimed suddenly, giving me a shock at the same time.

"Is it okay?" i asked nervously and I was relieved when he nodded vigorously.

"Wah~ This is DAEBAK! Its only Kimchi with Fried Rice but its SOOO nice!" he said a she gobbled the whole plate of rice down.

I laughed and smiled looking at him eat so happily. I started to dream about seeing this everyday. Just the two of us having breakfast every morning... then I snapped back to reality when I realised I couldn't dream such impossible things.

"You want me to give you the recipe?" I asked.

"Ah, why??? You could just cook it for me," he said, his mouth full of rice and kimchi.

"Ei~ You know why..." I said.

Straight away, Yugyeom's smile vanished and he bit his bottom lip.

"You keep on reminding me. Its getting annoying," he said firmly.

"I have to remind you. If I don't then you'd forget and you won't be able to handle it when I die," I explained.

He turned himself to face me.

"Yah, Kang Sowon. I'd rather forget that then be sad. I only have 2 more years with you and I'm going to be sad anyway. Whether you remind me or you don't, I'll always remember that I only have that amount of time with you. So you don't have to keep on telling me because I get it," he said angrily.

He stood up and walked out of the house, slamming the door shut as he left.

YUGYEOM'S POV

I sat on the steps again. I was so tempted to leave... but damn, I loved her too much that I just had to stay near. All of a sudden, I felt a pair of arms around me.

"Sorry..." she whispered into my ear.

I sighed in reply. She kissed me softly on my cheek and sat beside me. She leaned her head on my shoulder. It didn't feel awkward or uncomfortable... and it didn't make me angry considering the fact that I hated human contact. Only for Sowon... sheesh, its irritating and fascinating at the same time.

"Yugyeom, if we could run away, where would you want to go?" she asked.

"Hm... I want to go someplace thrilling... like riding on scary rollercoasters. There's this Ferrari based theme park in Spain, just outside Barcelona. The rides seem... Hahahah! Extremely scary and awesome!" I exclaimed.

I turned to look at Sowon who just stared into my eyes, smiling.

"Damn... I can't," I thought to myself.

"But you know... Bali is cool too," I said, trying not to make her feel bad.

"Sorry..." she said softly.

I shook my head.

"You don't have to be. I don't need to go there... what I need is you," I said and she smiled so bright that I wished I had taken a picture and cherished that memory forever.

"What about you?" I asked, feeling my blush coming on.

"Me?... Somwhere quiet... Somewhere far away from mansions and big, grey hospitals... Somewhere peaceful," she said.

"Lets go then..." I said with a laugh.

"I really want to leave..." she said.

"You really hate it here huh?" I asked.

"No, I mean. I love my home and my family... but I can't help it but hate them all at the same time when they remind me that I'm dying every time," she said, a hint of anger and sadness in her voice.

 

"Everytime I look at the people I love, I end up imagining their faces when I die... Yours especially," I said.

Yugyeom placed his palm on my cheek and turned me around to face him. HIs face inched in closer and closer until his soft lips met mine.