Sacrificial Love

YOLO

I was breaking out into cold sweat and I could feel my heart about to reach its maximum speed. Just then, Jackson held my hand and smiled reassurinngly at me.

"If you feel scared, look at those who love you... You know who they are, right?" he said and I smiled back and nodded in reply.

I was so touched by what he said that I was about to cry,,, but I couldn't because we were soon going to present in front of a crowd of maybe a thousand students and teachers. We heard the whole school clap and JR's group headed down to the backstage.

"Sowon ah, Yugyeom ah, Jackson ah, Youngjae ah... Fighting! You can do this!" JR cheered on as he passed by us.

I held onto JR's hand and he turned back to face me.

"You'll be in the crowd right? You'll be there right?" I asked nervously.

JR smiled at me and pinched my cheek.

"I'll be in the crowd... You'll find me. If you get too nervous, pretend that you're just talking to me," he adviced before taking off.

I squatted down and tried to catch my breath. Yugyeom squatted down in front of me.

"Scared?" he asked and I nodded.

"You can do it... Remember what I said right? Just focus on one thing," he said.

"Here comes, the last group for today! Come on up, please!" the teacher announced.

Jackson and Youngjae headed out first, then follpwed by Yugyeom and me. Yugyeom and Jackson stood on the left side of the stage while Youngjae and I stood on the right side. The projector screen was showing and as planned, Jackson began explaining about the topic and what we had prepared on our presentation slides. Afterwards, Jackson talked about the books, movies and songs about Sacrificial love. Then, it after Yugyeom's turn, it was going to be mine. I started getting slightly dizzy until I heard a sudden whistle. It caught my attention and I started scanning around the hall. I spotted JR who was standing at the back, at the side of the hall. He waved his arm above his head and showed two thumbs up to cheer me on which helped me focus again.

 

YUGYEOM'S POV

I could tell that Sowon was nervous again so I tried to make her feel more comfortable by being more casual... and more... ugh, sociable and engaging.

"Hello, my name is Kim Yugyeom... and this is probably one of the few assignments I actually turn up for..." I said and the students started laughing.

"If I hadn't attended, I think Kang Sowon would kill me," I said.

"Huh?" she asked, probably shocked that I had suddenly mentioned her.

I heard laughter again and I saw that Sowon was begining to loosen up more.

"Anyways, moving on. I'm here to talk about... a real story on sacrificial love," I said.

 

"Wait, that wasn't part of the plan!!!" I thought to myself, staring at Yugyeom, wondering what he was thinking.

 

YUGYEOM'S POV

"So, many of you might not know this but I'm pretty selfish... and cold and just plain rude and mean to many of you. I used to just care about myself because I was scared I'd end up living my life for someone else. I was afraid of being in love too much that I'd get blinded. I'm sure many of you think that way too. I just want to say that what I thought was wrong. Obsession makes you blind... not love," I said.

I stepped to the front slightly and turned to face Sowon. She looked at me, with her bright, innocent eyes.

"Love... changes you to become a better person. Because of love I... I managed to put her needs before my own, I... I constantly worry about her when she isn't around and I... I can't picture life without her anymore..." I said, tears starting to blur my vision.

I saw Sowon's tears showing and she smiled so beautifully. There were confused murmurs coming from the crowd.

"That's right... This once selfish guy fell in love with Kang Sowon... and I'd do anything... to make sure she smiles every single day. I love her... and I love her... hah... and I love her," I said with a smile on my face.

I turned back to face the crowd who were probably stunned by my sudden change in behaviour.

"Sowon once explained to me why the Little Mermaid sacrificed herself for someone she loved. I didn't get her at first... but now I do. Love teaches us many things, one of its most rewarding lessons is to be selfless. I hope what I had said today taught everyone something. Thank you and I hope everyone listens to Sowon's part of the presentation," I said, finishing up my part.

Everyone started clapping, even Youngjae, Jackson and Sowon. I looked at Sowon again and saw her smiling and shaking her head.

LATER ON...

We came down to the backstage.

"Okay! Lets go celebrate!!!" Jackson exclaimed.

"Yah, KIm Yugyeom. Where are you going?" I heard Sowon say from behind me.

I turned around and to my surprise, she went on her tippy toes and kissed me. She went back down and we stared into one another's eyes. My emotions got the better of me and I had totally forgotten that we were in school. I placed my arm around Sowon and pulled her in closer for a longer kiss.

 

We were all at the cafe. JR had used his manager status to 'close' the cafe for us all to celebrate the completion of our last assignment for the year before we graduated.

"Wah~ Kim Yugyeom actually did that... Wah~~~" Bambam said in awe when the boys explained to him what had happened.

I saw Yugyeom's cheeks turn red and I laughed.

"Oh hold on, we need to have a performance you know... To celebrate!" JB suggested and everyone agreed.

"Come on, Gyeom! Dance for us!" Bambam said and everyone started pressurizing him to do so.

In the end, due to our undying determination to continue annoying him, he stood up and went up the mini stage.

"I need a beat!" Yugyeom exclaimed.

Straight away, Jackson started beat boxing. Yugyeom started popping and locking, making the guys all start cheering wildly like a pack of hyenas. After about a minute, he stopped and pointed at me.

"You're turn!" he yelled as he came down the stage.

"Wait, what?" I said in confusion.

That didn't stop all of them from pushing me up on stage. I looked down at them and sighed on defeat. A song suddenly came to mind and I quickly got ready to play the piano.

"Alright, so I was too frightened to say anything about Yugyeom during the presentation... I hope this song makes it clear how I feel," I said.

Everyone became silent and focused their attention on me. I took in a deep breath and pressed the first key.

Cady Groves (Originally by N Sync) - God Must Have Spent A Little More Time On You ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dF6awvNT1q8 )

(Bolded the ones that are more related to Sowon's and Yugyeom's case)

 

Yeah... oh yes ohhh yeah

Can this be true? Tell me, can this be real?

How can I put into words what I feel?

My life was complete... I thought I was whole...

Why do I feel I'm losing control?

I never thought that love could feel like this and then you changed my world with just one kiss

How can it be that right here with me there's an angel? It's a miracle...

 

Your love is like a river, peaceful and deep, Your soul is like a secret that I never could keep

When I look into your eyes I know that it's true

God must have spent.. A little more time on you...

 

In all creation, all things great and small, You are the one that surpasses them all

More precious than any diamond and pearl, they broke the mold when you came in this world

And I'm trying hard to figure out, Just how I ever did without...

The warmth of your smile, the heart of a child, that's deep inside... leaves me purified

 

Your love is like a river peaceful and deep, Your soul is like a secret that I never could keep

When I look into your eyes I know that it's true

God must have spent... A little more time on you... (on you,on you,on you,you...on you, on you,on you, you..)

 

Never thought that love could feel like this and then you changed my world with just one kiss

How can it be that right here with me... There's an angel? It's a miracle...

 

Your love is like a river, peaceful and deep, Your soul is like a secret that I never could keep

When I look into your eyes I know that it's true God must have spent... A little more time on you.. (on you, on you, on you,you...)

 

God must have spent .. A little more time on you... (on you, on you,you..you..ooh..yeah)

A little more time on you...ohhh

 

I stopped and turned to see the brightest smile that just melted my heart from Yugyeom, my love.