THANK YOU!

YOLO

I was just strumming on my guitar when Yugyeom came into the cafe. I almost strummed on the wrong string when he did but I managed to pull myself together. What made it more awkward was that he chose to sit right in the first row of tables, right in front of me. I darted my eyes at anywhere and everywhere else other than him... but I could feel his eyes on me the whole time. It was uncomfortable... but... it felt... right. Then without noticing I stared right back at him... into his eyes.

YUGYEOM'S POV

She looked right back at me, into my eyes. It was like I was under a spell and all I could see was her. Her eyes... she didn't show it in her face but... her eyes held sadness and pain.

 

I stopped when the door slammed open. In came in a group of boys who looked like gangsters. In a flash, Jr rushed out from behind the cashier to see what the commotion was about.

"Yah... Hwang Jiwon, why are you here?" Jr asked defensively.

The guy called Jiwon and his gang laughed before glaring at Yugyeom. I looked at Yugyeom who was still looking at the front, but he wasn't looking at me. Jiwon approached Yugyeom and roughly placed his hand on his shoulder. In one fast movement, Yugyeom turned around and swung his fist across Jiwon's face. Everyone in the cafe gasped when he did so, even me.

"If you want to deal with me, then do it privately. I'll be outside," Yugyeom said simply before walking out of the cafe.

After what happened, the customers left, scared that the gang would come back and wreck havoc. I went down the stage and approached Bambam and Jr who looked worried.

"What just happened?" I asked.

"Ugh... Yugyeom was part of Jiwon's gang... but he quit it a few weeks back because he didn't like working for Jiwon. However, when you leave a gang... you have to pay a debt," Bambam explained, his whole face screaming worry and fear for Yugyeom.

"I already called the police and they'll be here in 5 minutes," Jr said.

"Come on, you know Jiwon... He can do a lot in 5 minutes," Bambam said, panicking.

"I think I can help..." I said.

YUGYEOM'S POV

8 of his guys stood in a circle around me. I knew that no way could I get out of this without a few broken bones and bruises. Jiwon approached me menacingly but I stood my ground.

"You know the amount for leaving... 100,000 won," Jiwon threatened.

I scoffed, a sign of rudeness to the oh so mighty gang leader. His guys inched in closer when I did so.

"You know I don't have that kind of money. Even if I did, I wouldn't give useless s like you my money," I said fearlessly.

Jiwon laughed his sinister laugh and looked at his guys, signaling them to do what was "proper" in that situation.

"I have 100,000 won..." a familiar voice said.

Jiwon turned around while I stepped to the side to see that Sowon was there, Jr and Bambam close behind her.

"This is none of your business, little girl," Jiwon said sarcastically which made his guys laugh.

"Well, I'm a little girl that has money. So do you want it or not?" Sowon said.

"She must be nuts..." I thought to myself.

Jiwon approached her slowly and intimidatingly but she didn't move a muscle nor did she look scared. Jiwon let out an icy cold chuckle and glared into her eyes before placing his palm out for the moeny. Sowon placed a lump of cash onto his palm and Jiwon smirked and left with his gang. I turned to look at Sowon, fuming with anger at what she just did.

 

"Do you have any idea what you just did?!" Yugyeom yelled.

My jaw dropped since I expected a different reaction.

"Yeah! I just saved your life!" I said frutratedly.

"YOU JUST HUMILIATED ME IN FRONT OF WORTHLESS SCUM!!!" Yugyeom yelled.

At that moment, I felt a pain in my chest. I hadn't experienced anger a lot since I didn't really have a lot of social interaction. It must have been obvious that I looked unwell because Jr was now beside me, looking at me worriedly.

"Hey... you okay?" he asked, concerned.

"Oh yeah... Yeah, I am..." I said, trying to gather back my strength after the pain faded away.

"Seriously, out of my life," Yugyeom said coldly.

"Well, if I didn't, you would have been covered in bruises and cuts and maybe on the ground calling for help," I argued, which seemed to shut him up becaus eh just stared at me blankly.

"I don't get you. You're angry at me because I saved you. It was your mistake to join a gang and it was only right that you paid the consequences. Instead I made the choice to ' in' and help you and in that process, I lost 100,000 won. While you lost your so called pride, I actually lost money that my parents worked hard for... and not even a 'thank you' from you," I vented out.

Yugyeom grunted some words under his breath before turning around and leaving.

"Hey... Sowon ah, on behalf of that idiot... thank you. I'll pay you back," Bambam said.

"No, no... You don't have to Bambam... Its fine. I'll see you two tomorrow," I said, trying to sound okay when I was actually... PISSED.

THE NEXT DAY...

I was on the way to school with JB and Youngjae beside me. I had told them everything and they semed shocked... for maybe the thousandth time. Just then, Youngjae laughed.

"Speak of the devil..." he said.

"Huh?" I asked.

"YAH! YAH, KANG SOWON!!!" a familiar voice shouted from behind me.

I felt everyone's eyes on me. I turned around slowly and saw Kin Yugyeom standing a few metres away. His hair in a mess but somehow still made him look handsome, him carrying his black backpack with just one strap and his hands in his pockets. Everyone looked at the both of us, back and forth, trying to get a connection.

"What?" I asked loudly.

"THANK YOU!" he yelled.

Afterwards, he showed me a bright smile. A smile that made my heart beat probably... 5 times faster without any pain.