Friends and Saviours

YOLO

JB and I were eating at Jackson's ddukbokki shop while Youngjae had to finish some stuff in school first before meeting us.

"Sowon ah, do you have any best friends?" JB asked.

"Hm? Best friends?" I asked.

"They're the friends that know you more than you know yourself. You don't have to say anything and they'd already know how you feel. They protect you and make you feel safe no matter what. Most importantly, they don't leave," JB explained.

Youngjae, JB and Jackson had became used to my lack of knowledge for almost everything and didn't mind explaining to me every time I didn't understand something. I was learning something new everyday... if only I could live like this more.

"Ah~ I guess I don't have one," I answered sadly.

Just then, Bambam entered the shop with his small backpack filled with the books that I had given him. I had read all the books in my library at least 3 times so I didn't mind giving some of them away. He sat down beside me, a big smile of excitement on his face for his engllish lesson. JB looked at me and then at Bambam and I had realised that the both of them had never met.

"Oh! I am so sorry. JB, this is Bambam, my co-worker at the cafe and he's also my 'student'. Bambam, this is JB, my friend from school," I said.

The both of them smiled at one another and shook hands.

"Oh! I see you sometimes whenever I'm on my way to work. You work at the grocery store in front of the cafe, right?" Bambam asked.

"Hahaha! Yeah! I see you sometimes too. I'll greet you next time we see one another," JB said with a smile and Bambam smiled and nodded in response.

Thus, the lesson began and both JB and I were teaching Bambam English when Youngjae came in, huffing and puffing.

"I'm sorry I'm late... The woman at the office was just... ARGH!" Youngjae complained as he sat beside Bambam.

Again, I introduced the two of them and in just a short span of 2 minutes, the 3 boys were talking to one another as if they were good friends.

"Spicy ddukbokki for 4 people~" Jackson said as he placed the dishes on the table.

"Oh! Is this your boyfriend? I see the two of you together quite often," Jackson said as he looked at Bambam and then at me.

"Wow~" he said afterwards, with a slight pout.

The boys all laughed while I was flustered... still not used to Jackson's jokes.

"I'm not~ She's my tutor and co-worker. I'm Bambam," Bambam said.

Jackson smiled at him and pinched his cheek suddenly making everyone shocked. Bambam's eyes widened as Jackson started laughing hysterically.

"I'm sorry! Your cheeks were asking for a pinch, seriously. Oh yes, I'm Jackson. If you all need anything, just shout for me," Jackson said before leaving.

Bambam laughed as he rubbed his cheek.

"That funny guy..." he said.

LATER ON...

I was performing on stage again when Jiwon came in, this time alone. Diverting my attention on my guitar, I continued playing, pretending as if he wasn't there. However, luck wasn't on my side.

"Yah, little girl~" he called out from in front of me.

I looked up but looked at everywhere else except for him and contonied playing. He laughed coldly and stepped up on stage right in front of me, giving me a shock. JR looked up from the cashier and rushed to my side.

"Yah... Jiwon... What now?" JR asked firmly.

"I just wanted to talk to her, that's all," Jiwon answered.

I gripped onto JR's blue shirt as I was scared. Since I was young, whenever I was scared, I'd hold onto my Omma's shirt as I stood near her. For some reason, it made me feel safe. JR wasn't Omma but I trusted him just the same. JR looked down at me slightly worriedly and placed his hand behind my back protectively.

"I'm not letting you," JR said seriously.

Jiwon's sinister smile spread across his face. Then, he pushed JR aside and with just that, JR fell off the stage. My eyes widened, however I saw his eyes flutter open and I sighed in relief, seeing that he was okay. All of a sudden, I felt a grip on my arm. I turned back to the front to see Jiwon leading me outside.

"LET GO OF ME!!!!" I yelled as I tried hitting him.

It was of no use. My arms were so flimsy and he was so strong. It was like a thin branch trying to move a big trunk. Just then, the dorr opened and Yugyeom came in, a dazed, sleepy look on his face. He took a look around the cafe and then, he saw me and Jiwon. His attention focused onto Jiwon's hand gripping hard onto my arm and my eyes that were stinging with tears.

"Yah... Jiwon, what the hell are you doing?" Yugyeom asked intimidatingly.

"Aish... This b*stard... Get out of the way," Jiwon ordered but Yugyeom didn't move a muscle.

"Ow..." I whimpered as Jiwon tightened his hold on me and started twisting my arm a little.

YUGYEOM'S POV

Jiwon started twisting Sowon's hand slightly and almost immediately I could see her wince from the pain. My blood started to boil and suddenly it was like there was target on Jiwon's face. Without thinking, I punched Jiwon across his face. He let go of Sowon and placed his hands on his face at where I had hit him.

I quickly ran over to Sowon and held her hand. My whole body froze for a second as I felt sparks when I held hand. She must have felt it too because she looked up at me and into my eyes as though she was shocked too. I quickly got back to my senses when I heard Jiwon's muttered curses behind me.

"Come on!" I said as we ran out of the cafe.

People along the roadsides were staring at us running but I didn't really care.

"YUGYEOM!!!! STOP!!!!" Sowon yelled at the top of her lungs.

I stopped and the next thing I knew, she was kneeling on the floor, pounding her chest with her fist. She seemed out of breath... but not only that, it was like she was in real pain.