I Hope You're Okay

YOLO

YUGYEOM'S POV

Seconds turned into minutes... then hours... then days... then months. Months without seeing Sowon's eyes, her smile, her laugh... I started to forget all that little by little that it was starting to scare me. If this was life without her then I wouldn't want to live because life didn't seem to have meaning anymore. I could be living with Hyung and Omma and the boys, showered with love... but what's the point when Sowon is the only person I wanted to see? Just... even for a second, I needed to see if she was fine. No one had seen her, even her parents and even they lost hope in finding her. I understood how JR felt when he lost his love. It was like Sowon never even existed... like she was just a dream.

We were all at the cafe late at night after closing hours for our usual gathering.

"Any news?" JB asked grimly and everyone remained silent.

"Should we give up?" I asked.

Everyone looked up at me, shocked.

"Gyeom ah..." JR sighed.

I felt tears in my eyes... but I had to accept the fact that she disappeared. Everyone was tired of searching everyday and we all had our responsibilities like work and college.

"We can't... find something that doesn't want to be found. She's gone... I've accepted that," I said.

"You've accepted that? You sure?" Jackson asked.

"Jackson..." Youngjae whispered.

I stood up and walked out of the cafe from the backdoor. I heard the door open from behind me.

"You know... this was where we found out about the illness," JR said from behind me.

I turned around and saw him just looking around and he stopped and stared at the wall beside me.

"She leaned her hands on that wall and tried to ctach her breath. She was in so much pain..." he recalled.

"Until when will I stop loving her?" I asked.

"... You never will... unless there's someone new," he answered.

My tears started to fall. I shook my head as my lips began to tremble.

"I still love her... now more than I ever did. I want her to know that but she can't because she isn't here with me!" I cried out.

JR nodded and approached me slowly.

"I know... I know bro..." he said as he gave me a hug.

"Sowon... Where are you?" I thought to myself.

Then snowflakes started to fall.

 

Snowflakes started to fall from the black night sky.

"Miss Kang?"

I turned to the side and saw one of the nurses smiling at me. I came down from the windowsill.

"Yeah, I''ll stay in my bed. Sorry," I said weakly as I made my way slowly to my bed.

"Still thinking about that boy, Miss?" she asked as she tucked me in.

"Everyday... Every second..." I sighed.

A few tears started to fall and she quickly wiped them away.

"Are you okay, Miss?" she asked.

"I thought I... I thought I looked at his every feature. I made sure I took note of everything just in case I had to leave but... I can't even remember how he looks like anymore. His face is a blur..." I said, shedding more tears.

"Do you want me to call Mr Jung?" she asked and I shook my head.

"No, its fine. Thank you," I said.

She smiled slightly before leaving.

I was getting paler and paler... that was what Mr Jung said every time he came, which was once a week. I was so weak that I had to catch my breath every time I walked up and down the stairs. Nowadays, the nurses even bring me outside to the garden on a wheelchair.

I was in some private hospital that was in not very dense polpulated area. It was actually in the countryside which was perfect... well, almost perfect. I started crying some more as I tried my best to recall how he looked like. No matter how much I tried... I just... couldn't anymore.

It was going to be my 19th birthday tomorrow which meant my end was coming soon which then meant that Yugyeom and I would never see one another again. I closed my eyes and sighed.

"Yugyeom... I hope you're okay..." I whispered.

 

YUGYEOM'S POV

As I walked alone the cold, quiet road. I looked up at the stars and felt the snowflakes land on my face softly.

"Sowon... I hope you're okay..." I whispered.