That Boy Is Trouble

YOLO

Yugyeom and I were in a Japanese Ramen shop. There weren't many people since it was at a corner of a building and well, it didn't have the fanciest interior. We were both sitting in front of one another and just talking about ourselves.

"So... yeah... Mark hyung isn't actually my real brother... but we love another a lot. I'm glad he makes Omma happy... I just wished he lived for himself a bit more..." Yugyeom sighed.

"Sometimes people are like that. What makes them happy is other people's happiness, especially the happiness of those who they love," I said.

"How about you? Do you live for yourself or for others?" Yugyeom asked.

"I... definitely live for others..." I said.

"Why? I mean, life is so short... you still want to live for others?" he asked.

"That's it. I live for others because I know life is short..." I said.

Yugyeom shook his head and smiled, probably because I said something he hadn't thought about before.

"Can I ask you something? Why do you faint every time you run?" he asked.

I had no idea what to say. Sadly, even if I wanted to, I couldn't... because security guards flooded into the shop. I closed my eyes and sighed and they surrounded us.

"What the?" Yugyeom said, shocked.

"I'm sorry, Yugyeom ah... I have to go. I'll see you at school, okay?" I said as I stood up.

Yugyeom stood up straight away.

"You don't have to leave if you don't want to, Sowon..." Yugyeom said firmly, staring into my eyes.

I pressed my lips together and shook my head.

"I'll be fine..." I said.

"Really? Are you really sure that you'll be happy this way?" he asked.

"Ms. Kang... The Sir and Maam are waiting at home for you," one of the guards said.

With a sigh, I left the shop with the guards, leaving Yugyeom inside, standing there... alone.

LATER ON...

I entered the mansion, the maids opening the grand doors for me. Omma and Appa were sitting down on the sofa... until they saw me and they stood up.

"Kang Sowon... What did you do?" Omma asked.

"I just went out to eat with a friend..." I said.

"A friend? One of the guards said that they saw you and another boy holding hands!" Omma yelled.

"WHAT'S THE BIG DEAL?!" I yelled.

"DON'T YOU DARE RAISE YOUR VOICE AT ME, SOWON!" Omma screamed, her voice echoing through the whole mansion.

I stormed away from them and headed up the stairs.

"KANG SOWON! COME BACK DOWN HERE, WE'RE NOT FINISHED!" Appa yelled.

"IF YOU DON'T THEN YOU'RE NOT GOING TO PUBLIC SCHOOL ANYMORE!" Omma screamed.

I turned around and shouted as loud as I could... as angrily as I wanted to be... as sad as I was feeling... as pathetic as I was.

"I WANT TO BE HAPPY!!!!" I shouted and the both of them stayed silent.

"I CAN'T EVEN GO ON A DATE WITH ANOTHER BOY WITHOUT BEING DRAGGED OUT BY GUARDS! I CAN'T EVEN ATTEND P.E CLASSES LIKE MY FRIENDS! I CAN'T LOVE ANYONE WITHOUT HURTING THEM BECAUSE I'M DYING! DO YOU TWO HAVE ANNY IDEA HOW IT FEELS LIKE TO BE COOPED UP HERE FOR 18 YEARS JUST SO I CAN MAYBE LIVE A FEW YEARS MORE?! DO YOU TWO KNOW HOW MUCH SCHOOL MEANS TO ME?! HOW MUCH MY FRIENDS MEAN TO ME?! YOU TWO DON'T BECAUSE YOU TWO AREN'T THE ONES DYING, I AM!" I yelled before stumbling back into my room.

The moment I entered my room, I slammed the doors shut and lied down on my bed, crying into the blankets. A few minutes later, I heard the door open and I looked up to see Appa. He approached me slowly and sat on my bed beside me.

"You know... it was so... hard for us to get a baby," he said.

"Then, one day, your Omma called me while I was at work saying that she was pregnant and we were so excited. At 7 months, the doctor told us that your heart was weak, some issues with your muscle tissue in your heart then you were born premature and that worsened things," he continued saying.

"Appa... I'm sorry... I'm really sorry that you and Omma had me..." I said, still crying.

He helped me to sit up and I leaned my head on his shoulder.

"We NEVER regretted having you as our daughter... You remember that well..." he said firmly and I nodded.

"I'll allow you to go to school but under one condition..." he said and I lifted up my head to look at him.

"Don't spend a lot of time with... that boy. That's boy is trouble, Sowon ah. Whenever you collapse, he's always there and it disturbs me. I'll persuade Omma to allow you to go to school but no more hanging out with him except for during your group project," he said.

"Appa... I think I like him..." I said.

He furrowed his eyebrows together and sighed.

"I know... I fell in love with your Omma too when I was you age... I know how it feels... but you know you and him can't ever be, Sowon ah. You know the risks," he said sadly and I nodded.

"I know..." I said, my voice cracking up slightly.

Appa formed a straight line with his lips and left the room.

THE NEXT DAY...

YUGYEOM'S POV

I was waiting for Sowon outside the school gates with JB and Youngjae. Suddenly, Youngjae's and JB's mobile phones rang for a few moments.

"Oh... Sowon will be a bit late," JB and Youngjae said inn unison.

"Huh? Sowon? Late?" I asked and they nodded.

It wasn't the usual... but we headed to class first.

A few lessons passed and I was constantly looking from the door to her seat. Then halfway during English lesson, the classroom door opened and Sowon came in. She looked beautiful... but that day she looked more gloomy and quiet.

"I'm sorry for being late," she apologised as she bowed down to the class and the teacher.

She made her way to her seat, not once even looking at me. Throughout the whole lesson, she looked at the front, she didn't even look at me which made me worried. Even during recess, she was sitting right in front of me and she didn't even look up at me and kept on looking down at her food. I knew she knew that I was looking at her.

"I'm sorry... Please excuse me..." she said as she stood up and left in a hurry.

"Is she okay? I hadn't seen her smile the whole day," JB said.

Youngjae shrugged.

"She didn't even talk to me today. I guess we should leave her alone to calm down," Youngjae said.

"To hell..." I muttered angrily as I ran out of the cafeteria and tried to find her.

I ran everywhere, along the hallways, from the first floor of the school to the school field. Then when I was at the school field, I saw a familiar figure playing the piano in the dance practice room at the top floor. I rushed back in and ran up the 4 floors before there wasn't anymore time to talk to her.