Can I Take A Picture With You?

YOLO

I was at home playing the piano. I stopped for awhile and looked through the gallery in my mobile phone. I had more than 100 photos in my gallery... I used to have only 5 before I started school. There were pictures of me and Youngjae and JB during recess, a few goofy pictures of me and Jackson in class, some were at Jackson's ddukbokki shop when I was tutoring Bambam and some were of me and JR when we'd have our breaks during our shifts. I realised that I didn't have a single photo of me and Yugyeom... and I hoped I would be able to at least have one before it was too late. I hated the fact that I had to keep my feelings for him a secret just because I was dying... and I really hoped that he wouldn't ever fall for me... eventhough at the same time, I wanted him to.

 

YUGYEOM'S POV

I decided to make a move. It had been two months since we met and precisely 1 month and 2 weeks since we became friends. We'd be graduating by the end of the year so just in case I couldn't see her again after we graduate, I wanted to tell her how I feel before it was too late.

"Hello, Yugyeom ah," she greeted.

I smiled when I heard her voice.

"Sowon ah, are you free now?" I asked, my toes wriggling from the nervousness.

"Yeah, I am. Why?" she asked.

I took in a deep breath, preparing myself.

"There's nothing at my home to eat... and I wanted to go out and eat... so... do you... want to come... and eat... with me?" I asked, sounding like an idiot.

"Um... Sure, I'll meet you outside your house!" she said.

"No! Um... I mean, no. I'll meet you outside your house. Youngjae told me the address, I'll be there in 20 minutes," I said.

It was a lie... I was actually already in front of her house. Youngjae sent me her address the day before when I asked him because I wanted to 'ask her about some school stuff'. I just... couldn't stay at home because I was so nervous and I just needed to walk around and I found myself getting closer to Sowon's house by coincidence... okay, fine, not a coincidence.

I waited outside her house and was just staring at it. I didn't get why she wanted to go to public school when she could just be home schooled or why she would rather work part time when she's already rich. I didn't get how she would be so happy with the littlest things when she could get almost everything she wanted. Kang Sowon was really different... maybe that was why I loved her.

 

20 MINUTES LATER...

I came out of the mansion and saw Yugyeom waiting outside the gates. I walked down the driveway, walking past all the security guards who were staring at me as I walked. Once I reached the outside, I never felt better. I loved my home but I loved being outside of it way more.

"Tight security..." Yugyeom said as he looked behind me.

I looked behind and saw that 4 guards were standing close to me. I sighed, remembering my parents' condition.

"Sorry... I guess they'd be following us as well," I said.

Just then, Yugyeom hugged me and I felt his lips brush my left ear slightly, making my heart skip a beat.

"Its okay, I have a plan," he whispered.

With that, the two of us walked in front while the 4 guards walked close behind us. After a short walk, we reached the busy town area. People were walking about shopping or on their way to work or meet up with their friends.

"You can't run right?" Yugyeom asked suddenly.

"Um... Yeah..." I whispered.

Then, he suddenly slung his arm around my waist and my eyes widened as we started walking slightly faster. I heard hurried footsteps from behind us.

"You wouldn't mind them not being with us right?" he asked, refering to the security guards.

I laughed a little.

"Um... Well, I would be able to breathe easier without constantly being stared at by men in suits," I replied.

I saw a mischievous smile on his face.

"Hold on tight, Sowon," he said as he lifted me up and carried me in his arms.

In a heartbeat, he started dashing off straight ahead. I looked past his shoulder and saw that the guards were chasing us.

"Uh... They're catching up, Yugyeom!" I warned.

Instantly, Yugyeom picked up his speed and turned around a corner and entered a boutique store. The two of us squatted down and hid ourselves behind a clothes rack. We saw the guards outside, still running straight on and we came out of hiding a few seconds later. We looked at one another and started laughing hysterically.

"That was fun!" I exclaimed.

I hardly ever got to experience harmless adrenaline... that was the first time.

"Well, lets go... I know a place," he said as he led me out of the shop and back on the streets.

We were both walking down the roadside when I looked down at my side and realised that Yugyeom and I were holding hands. I looked at our hands and then Yugyeom, who either didn't seem to notice or mind at all.

"Um... Yugyeom ah... You can let go if you want to, you know..." I said.

He raised his eyebrow at me and then realised what I meant.

"Um... Do you mind us just being like this?" he asked.

I bit my bottom lip and shook my head.

"Well, then lets just stay like this until we reach the shop," he said.

He turned back to the front and I saw him trying to contain a smile. I turned back to the front and laughed a little.

"What you did back there... was it YOLO?" I asked and he looked at me and nodded.

"Well, its not likw everyday I get to carrry a pretty girl and run away from her guards," he teased making me laugh.

"Yugyeom ah... Can I do a YOLO thing too?" I asked as I stopped and took out my phone.

He gave me a puzzling look.

"Can I take a picture with you?" I asked shyly.

He started laughing and he nodded. I took a selfie of us, both of us closing our eyes and doing a V sign with our middle and index fingers side by side.

"That's not YOLO... because you can take pictures with me whenever you want to," he said, making me smile.