Chapter 9

I Know You Like Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Leenah gets a great opportunity. Heechul thinks of an idea for Leenah.

I Know You Like Me:

The Intern:


A few weeks quickly passed. Heechul and Leenah attempted to be friends, for about three minutes until it quickly escalated into them fighting over every little thing. It's been about a week or so since he had last spoken to her. It wasn't like he cared about that despite the sad feeling in his gut from being separated for so long. Was a week-long enough to miss someone? No, he absolutely did not miss her. 

Leenah didn't have time to care about her feelings for Heechul or anyone else. Her schedule was completely filled with more important things. Training with four other girls for their debut next year, making a new duet routine with Eunhyuk for the next end of the month evaluation, trying to keep her grades in school, and this new internship that was now being discussed with her and her dance trainer. She had no time for bickering with Heechul. She didn't need the extra stress from him and his mouth. 

"I don't know." Leenah hesitated. "Could it at least be a paid internship?"

"Of course it can." Leenah's dance trainer, Lee Soohyun, grinned. "You have the talent for it, I can see how your mind works when you dance. And between you and me, out of all the trainees, you're the one who really shows that passion."

"Really?" Leenah's eyes lit up at her kind words.

"Of course." Soohyun patted Leenah's head. "Just don't tell the others I said that."

"How can I? They don't talk to me anyway." Leenah's smile faded a little.

"They like you," Soohyun informed her. "They told me so. They just don't know if they can communicate with you. A lot of them look up to you actually."

Leenah grew confused. "They like me?"

"Yes, they do." Soohyun patted her shoulder. "You should like them too, after all, you're going to debut with four of them so you might as well get to know them, right?"

"Yeah, I guess that makes sense." Leenah played with her fingers.

Soohyun gestured for Leenah to stand. "Come on, I'll show you who you'll be working for."

__


"Is it April already?" Donghae smiled while he stretched on the floor.

"Yes!" Ryeowook's heart fluttered. "You're coming tonight, right?"

"Of course I am!" Donghae laughed like a dork. "I wouldn't miss it for the world."

"Should I be jealous of you right now?" Ryeowook giggled.

Donghae smirked. "Maybe, just a little."

Ryeowook playfully hit him. "Stay away from my princess!"

"What are you guys talking about?" Heechul sat next to them to stretch as well.

"Nothing." Ryeowook giggled. "I was just asking Donghae if he was coming to the hall we rented for tonight. You're coming too, right?"

"What are we going there for again?" Heechul asked, completely clueless. 

"Kim Heechul!" Ryeowook reached over and smack Heechul's head. "It's Sungah's birthday today!"

"You hit me really hard," Heechul mumbled, rubbing the part of his head where Ryeowook smacked it.

The door to their practice room opening made them stop their conversation. Seeing Leenah being the one who was walking in made Heechul stand up in curiosity. What was she doing in his personal workspace?

Soohyun patted Leenah's shoulder, "You'll be assisting the main choreographer for Super Junior's comeback. You're very lucky."

There were many things that Heechul could've shouted out right there, but instead, he kept his mouth shut. Did he hear that right? Leenah was going to be doing what? No, just no! It irked him that his other members were far too happy with it. 

"This is great, Leenah!" Eunhyuk practically jumped up and down. "Now we have even more time to work on stuff together!"

"Oh yeah, that's great news," Heechul said sarcastically. He didn't like that she was invading his personal workspace. To top it off, she now has to tell him what to do, which he was absolutely not okay with. A rookie couldn't be the boss of him, that's just not right!

"How long will you be doing this for?" Donghae held both of her hands excited, which made Heechul's pulse increase for some reason. 

"Until I make my debut at the end of the year." Leenah smiled that cute eye smile she had. No, it was not cute, it was absolutely not cute. Those two have also been holding hands for way too long now. Single for barely a month and she is already holding hands with another man? Not okay! Right? Right?

Heechul scoffed at her happiness. "Seriously, out of all the more qualified people they chose you? You know nothing about how this stuff works."

"That's why they call it an internship, Heechul." Siwon patted his friend's shoulder while trying to hold in his laughter.

Leenah didn't let him get away with that comment. She was purposely tougher on him than any other member, which he of course reciprocated. Everyone could see the tension between them rising the entire time. Leenah was doing a better job at keeping her cool, simply because she didn't want to get in trouble. If only Kim Heechul wasn't such a difficult human being.

"Heechul, you're still not doing it right." Leenah tried to keep her patience, which wasn't working out too well. They've done this part at least 6 times already, and he still was so sloppy.

"Shut up, I got this," Heechul said attempting it again but failing. 

"Quit the attitude, you being too stupid to understand something so simple isn't my fault."

"I'm not stupid, you're the one who's stupid. I'll have you know I was in an accident once." Heechul attempted the move one last time but failed again. "Who cares if I'm a little clumsy at it? No one will notice."

"Yes, they will notice. Fans notice everything." Leenah informed him. "I thought you would know that by now, considering your so-called high status."

"Will you quit acting like you know everything? Not every little thing has to be perfect all the damn time." Heechul felt his blood pressure rising. Why did everything always have to be so complicated with her? Why did every little thing have to turn into a fight?

"I'm just trying to help you." She defended, her tone becoming sterner. Was he always like this with people who tried to have more authority over him? He's such a brat.

The other members backed away to get water, feeling things getting awkward with them being there. Trying to stay clear from the argument, they remained in the background while the two continued. None of them knew if interfering with them would make it better, or perhaps worse. Maybe worse since their fight was escalating so quickly. Well at least an hour and a half of serious tension was finally breaking, right?

"When will you cut the crap? You just like bossing me around."

"You always have to have such an attitude, what is your problem?"

"S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter