Chapter 12

I Know You Like Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Heechul, Leenah, and Henry travel to Los Angeles to have Leenah meet her birth parents.

I Know You Like Me:

Reunited:

Leenah looked up and stared at him in complete shock. She just stared at him, and it was scaring him to no end. He suddenly felt really uncomfortable, not knowing why she wasn't saying anything. He hated this more than anything, at least say something, yell, anything. He had no idea whether she was happy or angry. She just looked completely shocked.

"Leenah?" Heechul inched a little closer to her. "Please say something, please."

She didn't say anything though. Instead, she dropped the cup that was in her hand, along with the bag on her shoulder. He was confused until she suddenly threw her arms around him, in a tight hug. It took him a moment to realize that she was crying, which made him uncomfortable. Was crying really necessary?

He awkwardly patted her back, not sure if it would help comfort her. "We're going to America to meet them."

"We?" Leenah looked up at him and wiped her tears. "As in, you and me, or lots of other people?"

"I know you want to be alone with me but I can't grant you that." Heechul teased. "Henry's coming with us. So just us three." 

"Heechul, I-I can't even talk to them. You know I'm terrible at English. H-How would I even communicate-"

"That's what we have Henry for." Heechul grinned cutely. "Don't worry, he's happy to do it."

"When are we going?"

"Next week. I hope that's okay with you."

"Yeah, a week is enough to get my mind ready." Leenah realized she was still hugging him and decided to awkwardly back away. "You were the last person that would do this for me, at least I thought. Thank you, you're really great, you know that?"

"Yeah, I know. I'm pretty awesome." Heechul reached over and poked her side. 

"Don't get too conceded, your head might explode." Leenah poked him back, which made him squeak a little.

"Don't do that." Heechul rubbed his side where she poked him.

"Kim Heechul, are you ticklish?" Leenah smirked, inching her way closer.

"No, of course not." Heechul tried to back up as she got closer. "Get away from me, don't even think about it!"

"It's revenge time, Kim Heechul!" Leenah ran up to him and began tickling him, making him laugh uncontrollably. He wasn't sure if he was enjoying it or not, but he could let her win this time. Or maybe not.

Heechul managed to get out of her grasp and try running away. "Stay back Leenah Jung, or I swear I'll get you back!"

"You're such a baby!" Leenah giggled, chasing after him.

"I am not!"

__

"I think the last of the guests have arrived." Siwon interrupted.

"You interrupted my story!" Heechul pouted. 

"Before we go, can you skip to the part where I'm in it more?" Henry made sure to put on his cute face. "You know, the part when we leave for America?"

"Sure, I love that part." Heechul smiled cutely.

"Well of course it is." Leenah laughed through the door. "I know for sure that's when you fell in love with me!"

"Oh how wrong you are." Said Heechul, "So let's see. We packed up our stuff and we took a taxi to the airport. Our time together in America had to have been the best time we've ever had anywhere if I do say so myself. Everything was just so perfect, you know, until we got back."

"What happened after you guys got back?" Siwon spoke up.

"Patience my friend, I'm not at that part yet. We'll get to that later." Heechul hushed him. "Anyways, where was I? Oh yeah, the taxi to the airport."

__

Leenah's nerves were on edge. The day was finally here, the day she was supposed to get on that plane and go meet her birth parents. She was excited at first, but now she was just plain nervous and terrified. Her excitement had faded when she began over thinking the entire situation. What if this turns out like that last meeting she had with parents? Would they be the same as Youngsoo's parents? They gave her up for a reason right? She always had so many questions for them, but now she was afraid that now she didn't want them answered.

"Leenah!" Leenah heard Henry knocking on her door. "Time to go! You got your stuff?"

Leenah took a few deep breaths before answering him. "Yes, I have everything."

"Well then let's go! Taxi is waiting." Henry continued waiting at the door for her.

Leenah grabbed her jacket, cellphone, and suitcase, then headed for the door. Henry put her suitcase into the trunk for her along with his and Heechul's stuff, then they were off.

__

"I want the window seat." Leenah pushed herself in front of Heechul while entering the plane.

"Why do you get the window seat?" Heechul whined while they walked down the isle, finding their seats. 

"Because she said so, obviously." Said Henry.

"Well where's your seat, Einstein?" Heechul snapped.

"I'm in 10D, that's a little further back from you." Henry answered while Leenah and Heechul put their suitcases up in the compartment above their seats. "Wait, why are you guys in first class and I'm not?"

"Don't take it personally." Heechul made sure to whisper the next part. "I just need to be alone with her."

"You're such a jerk." Henry mumbled, going further back to his own seat. 

"Make some new friends while you're back there!" Heechul waved him off then sat down next to Leenah, who got her window seat.

"Hey Kim Heechul, you want to know a secret?" Leenah patted his shoulder to get his attention. "I've never taken first class before."

"This is your first time?" Heechul raised his eyebrows then smirked a little. "Don't worry, since it's your first time, I'll make sure this journey will be slow and meaningful."

"Now you're making it sound like something else!" Leenah giggled, playfully smacking his arm. She wouldn't admit it, but his playful nature really calmed her nerves. She was finally comfortable around him, and he could say the same for her. "How long is this flight anyway?"

"I'm not sure, eleven hours maybe?" Heechul answered, looking at his imaginary watch. "You got some stuff to pass the time right?"

"Not a lot." Leenah admitted.

"Take this advice from someone who has flown a lot of planes throughout his career. That would be me, by the way. Besides sleeping, you need a lot of stuff to pass the time on long plane rides once you start touring everywhere." Heechul patted her hand then pulled out his phone. "Oh, and they always play terrible movies on here, so bring your own."

"Thanks." Leenah pulled out her own phone. "I actually did prepare to sleep a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter