Christmas Spec. Pt. 2

I Know You Like Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I Know You Like Me

Christmas Special

If It Happened All Over Again:

 

"Oh my god." Leenah mumbled to herself. She looked around what was supposedly her room for the first time. Besides a few things, nothing seemed what she thought to be as her tastes; posters of numerous American artists she never heard of, every single thing being purple. Then there was her sudden English ability. The words flowed off her tongue so naturally as if it was what she'd been speaking all her life.

She wasn't sure how or when, but it happened. All of it was undone. It happened all over again...

Leenah shot out of her bed and ran out of her room, practically trying to hold onto the wall since she didn't know her way around. Once she got herself down the stairs and into the living room, she then began to recognize where she was. This was the same house she came to in Los Angeles when she came to meet her parents for the first time. But this couldn't actually be happening, it just couldn't be. Remembering where the kitchen was, she rushed in to see her biological mother, Rachel, and her brother, Noah, at the table all dressed and eating breakfast foods.

She had to be tripping, or dreaming. Or maybe she did end up coming here for the holidays and was drunk so her argument with Heechul never happened. She was still married to him, wasn't she?

"Morning sleepy head." Being able to hear her real mother's voice and understand it clearly was a really wonderful feeling she had to admit.

"Morning." Leenah looked at her mother with a mighty confused expression on her face. "Uh, where's Heechul?"

"Is that another one of your celebrity crushes?" Rachel rolled her eyes.

"No. He's my husband."

"Of course he is." Rachel then laughed.

"What kind of name is Heechul?" Noah teased with a smirk on his face.

"You know! Kim Heechul!" Leenah insisted, hoping he would remember, "He bent over backwards trying to find you for me!"

Noah was now the one with the confused expression. "What are you talking about?"

"We were separated at adoption and you went to New York and I went to Korea and Heechul found our real parents then you so I could know what you guys were like since I never knew you!" Leenah went on and on without taking a breath.

"When you say Korea, you do mean the South side, right?" Noah's comment made Leenah feel like she was a hundred percent done with life.

"Yes." Leenah said with a cringe.

"Okay good."

"Okay enough with ranting about your crazy nightmares, Angelina, eat and go get dressed." Rachel sipped her coffee, shooing Leenah off.

"And what kind of name is that?" Leenah said as if she were offended. "My name is Leenah."

"Leenah?" Rachel looked at her with a raised eyebrow, "You haven't been wanting to be called that nickname by anyone but your friends since you were thirteen."

"And how old am I now?" Leenah asked curiously. She still had to be the same age, right?

"Wow, how realistic was that dream you had last night?" Noah laughed, "In case you've forgotten, we're twenty-two."

"Twenty-two?" Leenah whispered to herself. That was the same age she was when she met Heechul wasn't it? That meant her and Heechul haven't even met in this reality. They weren't married, Nani, Sora, and Joon didn't even exist, and from the circumstances, she never even set foot in Korea. Not only that, but this also meant this was long before her AATD diagnosis which meant there was no oxygen tank. In a strange way, she had her life back. Well, a piece of it.

"Also, Miss Leenah," Rachel stood, "It's winter for heavens sake, so change your hair back by tomorrow, got it?"

"My hair?" Leenah put her hands on her head.

What was wrong with her hair? With that, Leenah sprinted to find the bathroom. Once she did find it, she looked in the mirror to see that her hair was no longer her normal chestnut hair, but was blonde and curly with many purple and pink streaks.

"Oh!" Leenah yelled in shock and in acute disgust as she observed her hair. Maybe it looked cool, but even as an idol she would never have done this. She supposed that she still wanted to be a celebrity in this life too. What had she done? One minute she's with Heechul, now it's like all that never happened. She knew one thing for sure. "I have to find Heechul."

Going along with this apparent reality, Leenah did her best to keep her cool and go with her family to the Christmas party being held by one of her mother's friends. For dinner, the gathering went to go to reservations at an Italian restaurant, but apparently it wasn't going as planned.

"What's going on?" Leenah asked Noah.

"Apparently the reservations were never confirmed or something." Noah grumbled in reply. "And there's this long waiting list too. This , I'm starving."

"Yeah me too." Leenah sighed, shuffling around one of her feet. Her eyes wandered to across the street at another restaurant. She could tell it was Korean right away since she recognized the writing, but she couldn't make out what it said. She couldn't re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter