Chapter 36

I Know You Like Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kangin is finally honest with Leenah about his feelings.

I Know You Like Me

And the Truth Comes Out:
 

"Wake up." Leenah could hear a familiar voice say but she didn't want to open her eyes. Was that Kangin she was hearing? "Leenah, are you awake?"

"I am now." Leenah pouted, her eyes fluttering open, seeing a bright light and Kangin standing over her. "Where am I? What happened?"

"You passed out." Kangin replied, a frown growing on his face, "I brought you to the hospital."

"Where's Nani?"

"She's with Marta in the cafeteria. They got hungry." Kangin chuckled a little. He couldn't resist petting Leenah's head a little to comfort her. "How are you feeling?"

"I feel fine." Leenah wasted no time in sitting up. "When can I go back home?"

"I don't know, let me go find the doctor." Kangin went to leave but jumped when he suddenly heard her gasp.

"Wait! You said Marta's here? Does that mean Heechul knows about this too?" Leenah stopped him, feeling herself panic.

"Neither of us told him anything." Kangin assured her. "I already figured you wouldn't want me saying anything about it."

"You know me too well, Youngwoon." Leenah smiled. His heart fluttered. Why did Leenah Jung have to be so perfect?

Kangin coughed and cleared his throat awkwardly, hoping he wasn't staring for too long, "I'm just-I'm gonna go get that doctor now."

"You do that."

He didn't feel like he could take a breath until he was out in the hall with her door closed. Why did she have to smile at him like that? Why couldn't she just stop being so perfect so he wouldn't have to like her anymore? It was so wrong, she was in love with one of his best friends. Why couldn't he take his own advice like what he said to Youngsoo? Why couldn't he just get over it? Maybe it was because he was keeping it a secret. Maybe if he finally told her, then it would stop festering inside him and he could finally get past it.

"Absolutely not." Marta shook her head, sitting next to Kangin. After he sent the doctor to Leenah's room to check on her, he sat with Marta. He needed to talk to someone about this. He's kept it to himself for so long, and he felt like he could trust Marta.

"Why not?"

"Your friendship with Leenah and Heechul will never be the same again I can assure you that."

"It's not like I plan on pursuing her or anything." Kangin insisted. "I just need to get it off my chest for good so I can finally get over it, you know?"

"Well then do what you think is best. But don't think it won't affect anything with Leenah or Heechul with you, or them with each other. They fight enough as it is." Marta rubbed the side of her head at the memories. The amount of times those two fought in the practice room were too many to count.

"You think I don't know that?" He paused for a moment, "The thing is, even if somehow someway they didn't work out, I still wouldn't pursue her. I don't think there's any scenario where I would."

"Even if the scenario was her never being with Heechul and throwing herself at you?"

Kangin shook his head, "Not even then."

"Why?"

"Because Heechul loves her."

"You're a good guy, Youngwoon." Marta patted his shoulder, "Any girl would love to have you."

"Really? What makes you think that?" When Kangin turned his head, his eyes immediately locked with hers. He couldn't help but feel his heart thump faster when she was silent for one moment, then two.

"Because I'm one of those girls." Marta replied before getting up so he wouldn't have to see her reddening face. She went to Nani and grabbed her hand before turning back to Kangin. "Me and Nani are going to get some fresh air. Let us know when Leenah's ready to go home."

It took a minute for Kangin to get his senses together. Marta just confessed to him out of nowhere. However, he decided he could wait talking to her about it. Right now, he was making up his mind to talk to someone else.

"Actually, Marta," Kangin stopped her as she was walking out with Nani, "Why don't you take Nani somewhere with you for a while? I'll bring Leenah home later. I'm gonna talk to her."

"Are you sure about this?" Marta now knew exactly what he meant by "talking to her". He was going to confess his feelings to Leenah. She could only hope he wouldn't be too hurt when it blows up in his face.

Kangin nodded his head, "I'm sure."

"Good luck I guess." Marta gave him a simple wave then left the hospital with Nani.

Kangin took a deep breath. He hoped this was the right decision. She deserved to know. But Marta was right, what if it will ruin everything?

"No," Kangin thought out loud, "This is the right choice. It has to be."

By the time he made it to Leenah's room, she was already dressed back in her regular clothes. She looked perfectly okay again, although he did notice she seemed to be stressed. About what, he had no idea.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter