Chapter 25

I Know You Like Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

While Heechul is away, Leenah notices a sharp decline in her health.

I Know You Like Me:

Problem:
 

Everything will be okay. They were happy together, and that's all that mattered. Everything was getting better as some time went on. They had been doing their best to not fight as often as before which was probably the hardest task to ever attempt, but they tried. They were doing better.

In the meantime, they finally got to have some much needed time away from each other. Heechul was away touring while Leenah was preparing for her and her group's comeback stage. Her hair wasn't chestnut brown anymore, it was now a dark cherry red and Heechul was so eager to get home so he could be alone with her and the y new hair.

Leenah was currently in the practice room along with her other members, practicing their main dance routine that they will perform on stage. Their music video had just come out that morning, and they were scheduled to perform live later that night. Everything seemed to be fine until Leenah stopped during her lead part right in the middle of the routine. She was incredibly out of breath and she wasn't sure why. She was having trouble catching her breath and she found it difficult to breathe out. She put her hands on her knees tried to compose herself.

"Are you okay?" Jenny put a hand on her shoulder.

"I'm fine, I guess we've been at it for too long." Leenah tried brushing it off.

"This is only the second time we've gone over it today." DeeDee retorted.

"Yeah, and you've never run out of breath like this while dancing before." Bette commented. "Why don't you drink some water and rest for a while?"

"Okay." Leenah sat down, leaning her back up against the mirror. "I guess I'm pushing myself too hard."

"We've all been working hard." Marta spoke up. "If your asthma is getting worse then you should go see a doctor and get a better inhaler or something."

"No, I'm fine. I don't need to do that." Leenah insisted. "And it's not getting worse, I just need to ease up and take a break when I need it."

"It's not like this routine is hard, it shouldn't take that much out of you."

"Okay, I get it Marta." Leenah interrupted her. "I guess I'm just a little out of shape then, I don't know."

"Whatever you say." Marta replied.

Bette handed Leenah her inhaler. "Do you need this? It will help."

Leenah reluctantly took the inhaler from her and in as much of the medicine as she could. She didn't want to tell them or accept that things were just getting harder day by day. It was just simple things like practicing her dancing, singing, going up the stairs in the subway station, regular exercising, even racing Heechul to the water at the beach. It was like she was out of breath all the time and it was annoying.

She made sure to take it easy the rest of the day so she could make sure that she will be okay enough to perform on stage. While getting ready backstage she did some breathing exercises to prepare. Slow deep breathes, quick short breathes, quick deep breathes, she felt absolutely fine now. There was no discomfort, no trouble, she felt good and ready to go on stage with the other girls.

"Are you ready?" Jenny grinned excitedly at Leenah.

"You bet I am." Leenah replied, holding her hand. "Don't forget to remind me that I have to call Heechul afterwards. He's going to be watching this live on his phone so I can ask him how we did."

"No problem! I hope he enjoys it, we've worked hard."

"We really have."

It was time to start. The group took their places on stage and before she knew it, the music to their song started to play. I love you~ I'll be there for you~ It was going great so far, the audience seemed to be enjoying their performance and she knew Heechul was enjoying it too. How could he not? They were adorable.

Leenah's main dance along with her singing part came up and she was now in the very front. She felt her heart suddenly racing but not from being nervous. It was the heart racing feeling when you've run a lot and worked up a great sweat, the blood pumping fast throughout your body and suddenly feeling very, very out of breath. She finished her part and went to her place in the back, feeling her body slowing down as if it was exhausted and couldn't take anymore. She couldn't catch her breath, it was as if the air was trapped inside her lungs and couldn't get out.

She could tell the other girls were concerned, but they couldn't really express it until it was over. The song ended and she immediately went backstage as fast as she could. She collapsed into the nearest chair and tried to breathe normally but it wasn't really working too well. The next time she tried to inhale, it broke out into a really bad cough. The other girls and their manager were by her side immediately, Jenny patting her back to try easing her coughing.

"Drink some water." Bette handed Leenah a water bottle, and Leenah chugged it down. Once she drank all she could, she pulled her lips away from the bottle and tried to take in more air.

"Are you okay?" Jenny rubbed her back.

"It's like trying to breathe through a straw, I can't get air out." Leenah struggled to say. "I need my inhaler."

DeeDee quickly went into Leenah's bag and found the inhaler, giving it to her. She in the medicine and it helped clear her airways enough for her to inhale and exhale more normally. As she inhaled, she could hear herself wheezing, which was something she knew wasn't normal.

"I can't watch this go on anymore, you're going to see a doctor." Marta insisted. "I don't care what you say, you're going."

"Marta, I'm fine." Leenah told her, knowing that she most likely wasn't. "This stuff just happens sometimes, it's okay. I'm okay."

"No you are not." Marta toughened her voice. "This isn't normal for you. This has been getting worse and you need to see a doctor before it keeps on getting worse, got it?"

"Okay, I'll go." Leenah finally agreed. "I'll go."

Leenah set up an appointment to see a pulmonologist the next day. It was one hell of a morning though. As soon as she got out of bed she started coughing just as bad as the night before. She also heard herself wheezing again. It was easier to breathe through instead of her nose but she wasn't sure why. As she sat eating her breakfast, she heard he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter