Chapter 5

I Know You Like Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

With Leeteuk's plan in action, Heechul and Leenah are forced to interact with each other on the gang's trip to Jeju Island.

I Know You Like Me:

Stuck Together:


"Wake up foreigner!" Heechul tossed a pillow at Leenah's head as his method to wake her up.

Heechul dragged his feet into the kitchen scratching his head, making his hair even messier. Grabbing the orange juice, he drank straight from the container as Leenah slowly opened her eyes, wiping her hair out of her face. Looking at the time on her phone, it was 6am. Was he seriously waking her up early for no reason?

"Heechul, put some pants on, we have girls in the house. I don't think they want to see what pattern on boxers you wear." Siwon snatched the orange juice from him. "And would it kill you to grab a glass?" 

"Don't act like you don't do the same thing." Heechul stuck his tongue out at him. Siwon quickly sipped the orange juice then put it back into the fridge. 

"Is everyone awake?" Leenah sat up on the couch, rubbing her eyes.

"Yeah, Leeteuk wanted us up early." Siwon answered, looking in the fridge for something quick to eat. "As torturous as it is, he insisted."

"I want us to see as much as we can before we get to Jeju!" Leeteuk skipped down the hall, brightly awake and holding a notepad. "I now have to tell you all the seating arrangements for the vans."

"Why?" Leenah asked, trying to comprehend what he was saying. How was he so awake and cheerful at this hour?

"Well there's so many of us, and there's two vans. I thought it would be more organized and neat if everyone was in a specific assigned seating." Leeteuk grinned glancing at his notepad. "Thanks for helping me Siwon, I think everything is going to go just perfectly, thanks for the amazing suggestion."

"I'm with Sungah, right?" Ryeowook dragged himself and Sungah out of their room, both still half asleep. 

"I want coffee." Sungah whined. "Well more like, I need coffee. There's no way I'm making the entire drive without it."

"Don't worry Ryeowookie, everyone is with who they want." Leeteuk grinned, beginning to recite the list on his notepad. "In van number one, I'll take the liberty of driving, passenger seat will be taken by Donghae, middle seats are for Ryeowook and Sunah, and the back will be taken by Henry, Sungmin, and Shindong."

"Where are you seating me?" Heechul shuffled closer, wanting to read the list, Leeteuk pushing him away so he can't see.

"I'm getting to it, don't worry. Patience!" Leeteuk looked back to his precious list, suddenly growing nervous. "In van number two, Siwon will be driving, passenger seat will be for Zhoumi, middle seats for Kyuhyun and Kangin, andEunhyukLeenahandyouintheback, okay! Let's all eat  and get our stuff!"

"Wait, what?" Heechul put his hand out to stop him. "Who's in the back seat? You said it too fast."

"Eunhyuk." Leeteuk replied immediately. "And Leenah. And, you."

"You put us together on purpose didn't you." Heechul grew annoyed.

"No, what makes you think that?" Leeteuk grinned nervously. "Stop asking me questions, we have a lot of stuff to pack up, now get a move on. Quickly quickly, go on!"

"You're a terrible person." Heechul pouted, shuffling to his room to grab his bag.

What in that man's mind thinks this is a good idea? Not only does he hate her to high heaven, what makes it worse is that she was ignoring him. Does that even make sense? It wasn't something he thought he could even explain to himself, since it really didn't make sense. He hated her, and he's hating that she's ignoring him? Shouldn't he be happy that she wasn't talking to him? It was confusing, but it was also going to make a six hour car ride the most awkward six hour car ride he will ever experience in life. 

Snatching his bag from the floor, he dragged it all the way to the van, pushing past Kangin. 

"What's your problem?" Kangin put his own bag into the trunk. 

"That witch is my problem." Heechul answered, tossing his bag into the trunk, only for it to hit the back seat and fall back out onto the ground. "Stupid thing, just go in!"

Kangin only snickered. "That's what she said."

"Oh grow up!" Heechul shoved his bag into the trunk, punching it a couple times to make sure it stayed that time.

"Oh come on, you can't be that upset. Lighten up. She's really nice, and I personally would've felt too guilty if we just left, knowing that she was going to be alone all weekend." Kangin crossed his arms, biting his lip a little.

"I don't remember it being our problem, she must have other friends other than SoonYee." Heechul mimicked Kangin by crossing his arms as well.

"You've got a lot to learn, Heechul." Kangin patted his shoulder. "If you're curious about something, just ask her about it. All it takes is a few minutes to open up and get to know her."

"She won't even talk to me!" Heechul felt ready to explode.

"Well that's your fault. You were being mean. If you take the time, you'll realize she's not bad at all." Kangin grinned cutely, patting his shoulder again. "Good luck to you."

Others began coming out with their bags, going to their assigned van, Leenah not too far behind. Noticing her bag seemed a bit heavy, Kangin happily approached. 

   "Hey, Leenah! Need any help with that?" Kangin smiled, "You know I'm kung fu strong."

"No, it's okay. I've got it." Leenah blushed. "Thank you, though."

"Okay then. I don't want to trouble you." Kangin smiled, tapping her nose cutely with his finger. "See you on the inside." 

Heechul wanted to vomit at that interaction. If there was an award for most awkward flirting, those two would for sure win the prize. The awkward atmosphere only seemed to worsen when Kangin left. She seemed to be doing okay with the bag until she was standing next to him, trying to lift it into the trunk, but to no avail. Just lift it already! How hard is it to put a bag into the trunk of a vehicle?

"Oh just let me do it." Heechul told her, not being able to take it anymore. Not waiting for her response, he snatched the bag, lifting it easily, and placed it on top of his bag. "Did you fill that with rocks or something? Do I even get a thank you?"

"I didn't ask for your help." Leenah finally spoke to him. Her voice acknowledging him made it seem like the angels began to sing. 

"You didn't have to. It's just that your struggle was making me want to stab my own foot, so just thank me so we can get in the stupid van." Heechul rolled his eyes, not wanting to make eye contact with her.

"Thanks." Was all she said, quickly making her way into the van to her assigned seat.

"Foreigners." Heechul mumbled, making his own way to his personal hell, his seat next to her.

"Just make sure they don't fight." Leeteuk told Siwon.

"Shouldn't be a problem, considering she isn't even talking to him." Siwon replied.

"I know, but we need them to start talking to each other again for them to get along, right? This is the point of the entire trip! Heenim is in some strong denial. And he might've finally found someone right for him. You know how tired I am of rumors, him getting dumped, and then getting all upset that he's alone."

"Tell me about it." Siwon sighed, "I agree, though. This could finally be it. This could finally be Heechul's chance at true love."

"Remember, Leeteukie," Kyuhyun interrupted, poking Leeteuk's shoulder, "If they get married, you owe me 30 bucks."

Leeteuk only playfully punched Kyuhyun's arm and laughed. "Go to your van."

"As long as there's candy in the van like you promised!" Kyuhyun giggled, a little skip in his step.

"Hey, you're making me sound like a ert!" Leeteuk playfully punched him again.

"That was the point." Kyuhyun laughed, making Leeteuk chase him. Kyuhyun grinned evilly, then jumped into the van to escape him, sitting in his assigned seat.

"Kyuhyun?" Leenah reached and tapped his shoulder. "Can you get Zhoumi for me?"

"Sure." Kyuhyun reached and tapped Zhoumi's shoulder. Zhoumi, who was busy listening to music and playing on his phone, took out an ear bud and turned to look over his shoulder. Kyuhyun just pointed to Leenah, showing that she was the one who wanted his attention.

Leenah and Zhoumi then spent a good two hours talking in Chinese, angering Heechul to no end. At least speak a language everyone else can understand! It worried him when she laughed, or when Zhoumi laughed at something she said. They better not be talking about him. 

"Does this not bother you?" Heechul leaned in and smacked Kyuhyun's arm in frustration. 

"Does what not bother me?" Kyuhyun perked his head up from his phone, taking out his ear buds.

"You know! This language conversing!" Heechul gestured to Leenah and Zhoumi talking away even though they were on opposite sides of the van.

"I don't care." Kyuhyun shrugged, going back to the game on his phone. "You shouldn't care either."

"I don't care!" Heechul insisted. "It's just annoying that they're just talking in a language that no one else in this van can understand. It's not fair."

"Heechul, if you're feeling left out then just say so. You don't have to make up dumb excuses to get angry at something she does." Kyuhyun put his ear buds back in to focus on his game. "Now leave me alone, I need to concentrate."

"I don't feel left out, and they are not dumb excuses." Heechul pouted.

"Sorry, I can't hear you." Kyuhyun replied as he turned up his volume, no longer paying attention to him.

"It's a great song, I'll play it for you! Let me find it." Leenah grinned, sitting back to scroll through the music on her phone. 

"What are you guys talking about?" Heechul took his opportunity to ask her.

He thought she was talking to him again, but apparently not. She didn't respond, nor did she acknowledge the fact the he asked her a question.

"This ignoring me thing is really annoying now." He wanted his existence acknowledged by her. "Just stop acting like I don't exist, it's immature of you."

"I found it!" Leenah leaned forward again to hand Zhoumi her phone. 

"Am I just a ghost to you?" Heechul slouched in his seat. His constant complaining continued to make no progress whatsoever with her. It got her attention before, why won't it now?

"Bathroom and food break!" Siwon announced, pulling over behind the other van. "Fifteen minutes, okay?"

Everyone stepped out of the van to immediately stretch their stiff muscles, the consequences of sitting in a vehicle for three hours. One by one, the group scattered around different parts of the highway rest-stop area.

He had to find Leeteuk. He couldn't take this torture anymore. He had enough, and was going to demand a switch in the seating, whether Leeteuk liked it or not.

"Teukie?" Heechul found Leeteuk by the first van, texting or something, nothing important. "I demand either me or Leenah be switched to the other

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter