Chapter 16

I Know You Like Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Heechul plans a big surprise for Leenah at her birthday party, making him come to a huge realization.

I Know You Like Me:

Surprise:
 

"Come on Leenah, I said I was sorry!" Heechul pleaded, following Leenah around the SM Building like a little puppy. "Don't you think you're overreacting?"

"Overreacting? Overreacting?" Leenah finally stopped ignoring him and turned to face him. "Heechul, you put laxatives into my birthday chocolates! Believe me, you didn't wanna see my bathroom in the aftermath."

"Well you weren't supposed to eat them!" Heechul said in his defense. "I even warned you not to, but you did it anyway!"

"I didn't know you were going to do something like that!"

"If I told you then you would've gotten mad at me!" 

"And what am I now Heechul? Oh that's right, mad at you!" Leenah turned her back to him to finish cleaning out her storage locker.

"Can I ask, what happened with Youngsoo? He didn't break up with you did he?"

"He left after everything calmed down." Leenah answered. "He swore that he's not mad at me, but he hasn't really talked to me since then."

Heechul smiled contently, shrugging off the entire situation. "I'm not going to worry about it, after all you will forgive me."

"What makes you think I'm just going to forgive you for this?"

"Because I got you the best birthday present ever." Heechul smiled and giggled cutely.

Leenah slammed her storage locker shut and rolled her eyes at him. "I could care less what you get me."

"Oh come on Leenah, don't be like that!" Heechul called out to her as she walked off to her practice room. "Happy birthday! You brat!"

She didn't want to listen to him anymore, she had enough of him. She didn't care whether he did it out of jealousy or not, she still hated him for it either way. She slammed the door open to the seemingly empty practice room then slammed it shut. She carelessly threw her bag across the room, not realizing it hit someone's leg. She looked and saw it was Youngsoo clutching his leg in pain.

"I'm so sorry!" Leenah immediately rushed over to him. "Did I hurt you?"

"No, I'm okay." Youngsoo tried laughing it off. "You've got a good arm though."

"I'm sorry, I didn't know anyone was in here." Leenah apologized again. "You sure you're okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine." Youngsoo assured her, standing up right. "I'm sorry I've been sort of avoiding you all week."

"It's okay. I understand why." Leenah replied, trying to put on a happy face.

"I'm not mad. I know it wasn't you who did it." Youngsoo awkwardly stuffed his hands into his pockets, "So. How's your bathroom? Is it livable again?"

Leenah giggled a little, "It's fine now. I had to spend a lot of money to get people to clean it, but it's fine now."

"I really am sorry I haven't called you, or texted you. I know you didn't put the laxatives in the chocolate. I know it was Kim Heechul."        

"Don't worry about Kim Heechul, he-"

"I don't care about him, Leenah. I don't care that he's the one who did it. I don't even care if he hates me or if he's jealous of me." Youngsoo smiled sweetly. "I'll be a man and fight for you."

"He didn't do it out of jealousy, he did it because he's an ."

"Regardless, I'll win you fair and square." Youngsoo kissed her cheek.

"You don't have to win anything, you already have me, and I don't even like Heechul." 

"Still, I have to make my position clear to him."

The practice room door opened at that moment to reveal Leenah's choreographer, and the four girls Leenah was going to debut in a group with. The oldest Marta, then Jenny, DeeDee, and the youngest Bette, all of which started giggling and whispering to each other at the sight of Youngsoo.

"I guess this means I have to leave now." Said Youngsoo. "I'll see you later, at your birthday party, right?"

"Yeah, I'll see you then." Leenah kissed him goodbye, making the girls in the back giggle more.

Leenah and Youngsoo kissed each other goodbye then Youngsoo left, allowing the girls to surround Leenah and ask her all sorts of questions.

"He's so handsome!" Marta giggled.

"That's your boyfriend?" Jenny asked.

"I thought you were going out with Heechul." Bette added.

"What? No, I'm not going out with Heechul." Leenah blushed. "Where did you hear that?"

"We just assumed." Bette answered, pouting a little. "You are with him a lot of the time, right?"

"Well I am interning for their choreographer, so of course I'm with him a lot." Said Leenah.

"We know that, and you're so lucky." Marta said, patting Leenah's shoulder. "Let's chat more while we stretch!"

All five girls sat in a big circle on the floor and began stretching. 

"Leenah, it's your birthday today, right?" Jenny smiled, reaching for her toes. "Happy birthday!"

"Thank you." Leenah thanked her politely. 

"Are you having a party?" Bette grinned her eye smile. "Can we come?"

"You want to come?" Leenah only had one friend, SoonYee, and she didn't meet her until her second year of high school. These would be the first group of friends, that are girls, ever. 

"Of course!" Marta agreed. "It's your birthday, you should be surrounded by lots of friends."

Leenah muttered the word "friends" to herself, feeling a jolt of joy in her heart. And not just friends, Marta said "lots of friends". She always wanted to have lots of friends.

"Of course, by all means, come!" Leenah tried to hold in her happy tears.

__

"I'm still a little confused on what happened at the birthday party." SoonYee interrupted. "I didn't get to see everything."

"Guys, this is a great story and all, but we have to start soon." Leeteuk informed them, especially Heechul. 

"Okay fine, I'll skip to the birthday party, you happy? Does that make you happy?" Heechul said, leaning against the door.

"It breaks my heart every time you talk about it." Leenah said to Heechul through the door, leaning against the same spot. "I always feel so guilty."

"Nonsense, it was my fault for realizing too late." Heechul assured her. "You know I love you, right?"

"I don't know, do you?"  Leenah .

"Yes, I do! I love you!" Heechul told her, smiling a little. "I just wish I had learned that sooner."

"Just get to the part already!" Leeteuk rushed him. "I'm not rushing you because I'm impatient, I'm just excited because I'm in it."

"Okay, fine." Heechul glared a little. "Mr. Pushy."

__

Leenah's birthday party was held outside at her parent's house. Their backyard was nice and big, so it was perfect for having a bunch of people over on such a beautiful day. It was reaching the evening, so the sun was just beginning to set, giving the sky beautiful warm colors. Heechul was inside the kitchen, right next to the open door where everyone was having fun on the other si

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter