Chapter 1

I Know You Like Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Heechul has a hectic first meeting a unique SM trainee, Leenah Jung

I Know You Like Me:

The Trainee:

Today was the big day. Picturing what was to come sent flutters through her heart. She knew she made the right choice when she picked him. It took a few-many-mistakes, ups and downs, but Leenah did not regret a thing. In the end it's what brought them here on this day. 

"He picked out your bouquet for you?" Leenah's best friend, SoonYee, held the white daisy bouquet in her hands. 

"Yeah. He knows those are my favorite." Leenah gently took it from her and touched her nose to them.

"I guess I was wrong about him. He is actually a good guy."

"He is." 

SoonYee released a giggle, "I remember you telling me how you first met."

Leenah stared through the vanity mirror, remembering all the way back to that time. That hectic day she first met him. 

"It's actually a lot longer a story." Leenah laughed a little at the silly memory.

"Oh? Then how did it happen?"

"You really want to hear?"

"We have some time." SoonYee replied. "You can tell me while we get you ready. We have to do your makeup and your hair! Oh, and also have to get into that gorgeous dress of yours!"

"It really was stupid, if you recall." Leenah sat down in her chair to get started.

"Please," SoonYee smiled, "Tell me more."

__


"Okay. You all see this last piece of chocolate fudge cake?" Kim Heechul put the piece of cake on the table. "It is mine, and no one else touches it."

He put a sticky note saying "don't touch" on the plate.

"Heechul, no one cares." Eunhyuk laughed at him. "I can assure you that no one cares."

"Regardless, I feel like I need to give fair warning to all that messing with my food when I'm hungry will result in consequences. I'm saving it for when we're done with practice." Heechul pointed his finger to all of his fellow members in the room. "Now let's go while I still have the caffeine working."

As soon as he turned his back, Eunhyuk put the "don't touch" sticky note into his pocket, trying his best to keep a smirk off his face. Messing with Heechul was fun after all, and sometimes it's funny when he's angry.

Heechul follwed the other members out of the break room and headed down the hallway. As he walked, he noticed a door opened to a dance practice room. Looking in, he saw a large group of people he didn't recognize. There had to be at least fifteen girls dancing to the blasting dubstep.

"Who are they?" Heechul thought aloud.

"They're trainees." Leeteuk answered. "I overheard there's going to be a new girl group within the next year or so. My guess is they're being evaluated to see who the company wants picked."

"Trainees?" Heechul mumbled to himself.

The large group broke into three groups of five. Within the first group performing for the evaluating managers, there was one girl in particular who caught his eye. She was pretty, no doubt, but that wasn't what immediately drew him in. She stood out in an even more physical sense. She was Caucasian. A Caucasian girl with long-pin straight chestnut hair. She looked strong, confident yet with a shyness in her eyes. A round face, fair skin, and small. She danced very well. She could have easily gotten a job as a dancer for any group in the company, yet here she was working herself like a dog with fellow trainees. He didn't even notice he was staring at her. "Who is that?"

"Her?" Eunhyuk followed Heechul's unbroken stare. "Oh that's Leenah Jung. She's been around for about a year now. I've been meaning to introduce myself to offer being a mentor figure to her, since I like helping trainees and all."

Leenah Jung. A Korean name? It definitely wasn't his first guess. And why say it in the Western order? Jung Leenah? Okay, maybe it did sound weird the other way. He concluded there was absolutely nothing about this girl that made any of sense. He should brush this off and go back to his own business, but her chestnut locks sticking to her forehead and neck from sweat was too busy making him melt at the spot he was standing in. The boys departed before Leenah and her group finished and were (finally) granted a break when the other groups were up. Wiping sweat from her forehead, she sat and gulped down her water. She could hear the other trainees behind her whispering. The dubstep may be too loud for her to hear them, but she knew when one of them looked her way. They didn't think she could understand them, because of her appearance, but she could. It was her first language after all. They were no different from the kids she grew up with, so she didn't want to bother with them. She refused to give in to these cliques and their judgment. It was always best if she just kept to herself and not let anyone in.

"All right, good job today, girls." One of the evaluators stood once the other two groups finished, "There are a few of you that need work. We are looking for a specific set of skills for this new group. You will all be reevaluated in a months time. Each of you must have something of your own prepared by then followed with group evaluations."

Leenah breathed a sigh of relief when they were finally released from that stuffy room. She could've sworn her knees were shaking the entire time. She felt her stomach aching for food of any kind. As she walked out, she could've sworn someone was just out in the hall watching, but she couldn't see anyone. Shaking away the silly paranoia, she made her way to the break room to see a lonely chocolate sweet...Unguarded. 

Eunhyuk and the others came out from their hiding spot, thanks to Heechul who forced them to hide. "Where do you think she's going?"

"Looks like she's headed for the break room." Donghae answered, seemingly in a daze.

"Ya, are you looking at her ?" Heechul smacked Donghae's shoulder, seeing Donghae's eyes looking south.

"No, I'm not! And that hurt." Donghae rubbed his shoulder. "It's not like you weren't doing it too."

"Hey! I was not!" Heechul slapped him again.

"Heechul, you haven't been able to stop staring at her like a creep since five minutes ago. Maybe you should go talk to her." Leeteuk offered.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter