Chapter 8

I Know You Like Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Leenah meets Youngsoo's family, but all doesn't go as she hopes.

I Know You Like Me:

Official:


"Hey guys, does Leenah seem, really happy today?" Eunhyuk spoke up when they stopped dancing for a moment to drink water. "You know, like, really happy?"

Heechul was incredibly confused. Why was she happy? She wasn't happy at all the last time he saw her, which was the day before. In fact, she was beyond angry and she just stormed out after he had been mean to her. Shouldn't she be angry? Why was she suddenly so happy like Eunhyuk was saying?

"What makes you think she's happy?" Heechul asked, a bit more snippy than he wanted it to be.

"I don't know, during our entire practice session earlier she was smiling and laughing a lot, she didn't seem to be paying attention to anything I said to her, you know, stuff like that." Eunhyuk answered.

"I think it's obvious that things are going well with Youngsoo." Kyuhyun smirked. Youngsoo? Oh no, not this guy again!

"I don't understand what makes that guy so special." Heechul commented, not regretting that he sounded snippy that time. 

"Why do you care?" Eunhyuk got even more confused. What is his problem lately?

"He cares because he kissed her." Leeteuk just threw Heechul under the bus.

"What? You kissed her?" Eunhyuk gasped. "Why would you do that?"

"I don't know! It just happened!" Heechul gripped his hair in frustration, wanting to forget it ever happened. 

"Why did no one tell me this?" Eunhyuk whined. "I'm always the last to find out about everything."

"You don't need to know everything, okay?" Heechul snapped. He was angry that she was happy, mainly because he wasn't the one that was causing her to feel that way. All he knew how to do with her was make her angry, and someone else is making her happy which was absolutely not okay. Therefore, he hated the guy with a firing passion. "Call her! Call her right now!"

"I can't Heechul, she's with the other trainees in practice right now, and she'll get scolded if she's on her phone when she shouldn't be." Eunhyuk gripped his phone and put it behind his back so Heechul couldn't get it. "Besides, she won't answer anyway!"

"I need to ask her something important!" Heechul stomped his foot like a child.

"Ask her what? What kind of lingerie you want her to wear when you see her again?" Kangin laughed, also making Kyuhyun giggle evilly next to him. 

"No! You erts!" Heechul needed to ask her some things, and he was not going to be stopped! "You guys are no help, I'll find her and ask her myself."

It was becoming a daily routine for him to come to her practice room for his stupid reasons to fight with her. He wasn't looking to fight with her at the moment, but if that's what it turned into then he would be okay with it.

__


"I think you all had enough for today." The choreographer let the trainees finish. "The rest of you go clean the recording studios upstairs."

Leenah happily finished her water and patted her face with her sweat towel. None of the other trainee's whispers will get to her today. Everything was going so perfect and nothing was going to ruin this day. As nerve wracking as it was, she was super happy and excited to finally meet Youngsoo's parents. She has waited five years for this moment and nothing was going to phase her. It was just a few more hours away. She had one class today at the university, then she was all set. She just has to wait a little longer.

"Have you gone deaf?" Heechul's voice reached her ears when she reached the doorway. "I've been calling your name for the past minute and a half."

Leenah turned her head and saw the other trainees in a shock, shocked that Kim Heechul was speaking to a meaningless trainee, who just happened to be Leenah Jung. It wasn't going to work, her happy mood was not going to be ruined. She bumped into Heechul a little to get out of the room, not feeling a need to talk to him.

"Hey, I need to ask you something important." Heechul grabbed her shoulder and turned her around so she could face him. "Why are you so happy?"

Leenah laughed. Was that what was so important? "None of your business."

The couple ring on her finger caught his eye. Does this mean that her relationship was getting serious? This couldn't be all, there was more to this, he was sure of it. 

"What's going on between you and that guy?" Heechul demanded to know. 

"Again, it's none of your business." Leenah smiled, pulling out her phone and calling a number. "SoonYee, are you outside? Yes, I'm coming out now."

"Where are you going?" Heechul took a step forward when she walked away.

"School. Now stop asking me stupid questions." Leenah laughed, hanging up her phone and leaving him alone. 

She's happy, and he wasn't the reason, why did that anger him so much? This guy wasn't good for her, right? So that's how it was going to be? Well, if you want something done, you have to do it yourself, right? 

Heechul went back to his group's practice room, hating how he had to go this far just to get answers.

"Where are the wigs kept?" Heechul immediately asked anyone who would answer.

"Why?" Siwon grew worried.

Heechul just shrugged. "I need one."

__


"It is, going to, snow tomorrow." Leenah pronounced the best she could.

"Leenah, it's spring, it's too warm now for it to snow." SoonYee laughed a little. "The right word is, rain."

"It is going to, rain tomorrow?" Leenah tried again.

"Are you asking me, or telling me?" SoonYee teased, making Leenah want to slap her.

"I'm telling you!" Leenah replied, getting annoyed. 

"Calm down, I'm just teasing." SoonYee flipped to the next index card. "We still have eight more to go."

"Why does it matter? I'm obviously going to fail." Leenah frowned. The one thing that could ruin her mood was there; English.

"Don't say that. Now just say the next one." SoonYee showed Leenah the next phrase on the card. "And remember to say what the verb is this time."

SoonYee and Leenah were outside the university sitting at a table with their lunch and school work. SoonYee was trying to help Leenah with phrases she needed to learn for a test. Emphasize the word "trying".

"I like, playing soccer." Leenah knew her accent was much to heavy, making it so it barely sounded like English. "The verb is, soccer?"

"No, the verb is 'playing'." SoonYee corrected.

"I knew that." Leenah lied. 

Heechul was ready to stab his ears out. Even he knew what the verb was! Heechul was sitting across from them at another table, just listening in on the conversation, waiting for something about her and Youngsoo to come up. If only they would hurry up, because hearing her attempt the English language was absolute torture.

"Okay, we'll take a break. Eat some brain food." SoonYee set the flashcards down on the table and picked up her chopsticks. "So what are the rest of your plans for today?"

Yes! Now we're getting somewhere! Heechul tried to listen in more. Finally, they were getting to what he came to eavesdrop for.

"I'm meeting Youngsoo's parents today then practicing my routine with Eunhyuk at the SM Building." Leenah happily ate her rice. If Heechul was drinking water, he would've spat it out right there. She was doing what?

"Really?" SoonYee became just as excited. "Are you nervous?"

Heechul tried to discretely lean in so he could hear them better, but of course someone had to come sit down next to him, and talk very loudly. "Hello there, what's a pretty girl like you doing out here all alone?"

Heechul tucked a piece of the long wig hair behind his ear. "Hey, go away. I mean it."

"But you're so beautiful, I thought we should get to know each other." Was this guy serious?

"Will you get out of here?" Heechul tried to keep his cool, and not scream at the guy.

"You have nice legs sweetheart." The guy tried to smile sweetly. "They make that skirt look good on you."

"Dude!" Heechul gasped.

"Well of course I'm nervous." Heechul heard Leenah say. "We're going to be talking about something very important, and I'm afraid I'll mess everything up."

"Come on, at least let me buy you a drink." The stupid guy inched closer to Heechul. "You must be the prettiest girl on campus."

"Okay fine, you can buy me a drink, now go away!" Heechul tried to push him away. 

"What's so important that you're so nervous?" SoonYee asked, feeling much too curious.

"Youngsoo wanted to get married when we graduate." Leenah informed her.

"What!" Heechul shouted in shock, making the girl's attention go to him. "You're getting married?!"

"Heechul?" Leenah stood from her seat. "Why are you dressed like that?"

"So that you wouldn't see me!" Heechul replied, standing up as well. "Now what is this about you getting married?"

"You're a guy?" The boy next to Heechul sounded so disappointed. 

"Yes I'm a guy, now go away!" Heechul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter