Meeting The CEO

Twist Of Destiny

The rays of the sun entered through her window, illuminating her face. Chaerin grunted as she put a pillow over her face, she had slept only two hours that morning. Getting back home at 6 am after work was killing her, but she needed to do so. Night Clubs were a hard place to work at, and even more if it was a hot spot in the city. “I need black curtains.” She grumbled as she also threw the sheets over her face.

With a smile of satisfaction, she closed her eyes and tried to go back to sleep. Her veins popped in anger as her phone started ringing non-stop around the room. She pushed the pillow harder over her face, trying to mute the sound, but it was as if it was ringing inside of her head. With loud curses, she threw the pillow around the room and grabbed the phone, glaring at it.

“Hello? Father?” She answered, feeling annoyed at the call so early in the morning. “I told you not to call so early, what is it?”

“Morning sunshine, you are late.” A man spoke on the other line. Chaerin frowned and looked at the screen, it was an unknown number.

“Who is this?”

“Enough with the silly questions and get your here before I get mad.” He said.

“Before you get mad? I’m already mad, who the is this?!” She yelled, and heard a chuckle on the other line, and her eyes widened for a brief moment as she remembered the voice.

“Kwon Jiyong.” He simply said, and for a moment, her heart stopped.

“H-How did you get my number?”

“Stuttering after being such a ? Nicely played.” He said in a serious tone. “Get here, we have work to do.” Then he hung up. Chaerin scratched her head furiously and threw the phone over her bed and got out of it, dragging her feet.

“How can you be such a to your new colleague? Just great.” She hissed as she did her hair.

Finally done, she got out of her house in a rush, calling for a cab. For her good luck, one stopped immediately, and she jumped on it.

“Where to?” The man asked.

“YG building.” She said. The man shrugged and drove off.

After almost an hour stuck in traffic, she reached the YG building cursing out as she walked through the front doors. The receptionist was having a bad day, she could tell by her expression, and she could also tell she would be looking like that soon. The receptionist looked up and saw her, only to scowl and quickly walk over her.

“Miss Lee, you shouldn’t be late when called.” She said handing her a paper. “Mr. Yang has been waiting for you all morning, G-Dragon has been screaming at everybody because he is also late because of you. Please, don’t do this again.”

“Why are you all scared of him?” Chaerin said as she grabbed the papers. Miyoung shrugged and handed Chaerin a name tag.

“He’s just… evil. Go now, Jiyong’s on his studio.” Miyoung said and Chaerin nodded, rushing towards the studio.

The door was slightly open, and she could hear shouts inside. Jiyong’s shouts to someone else in the studio. Chaerin rolled her eyes and opened the door, walking in dramatically. She stopped when Jiyong glared at her. His eyes were incredibly intense that day, no make-up done, his hair was messily arrange, and he was just wearing a plain black shirt with jeans and black boots. He straightened himself, lowering his phone as he saw her, his front teeth.

“It’s past 10 am, Lee Chaerin, you were supposed to be here at eight.” He said, his tone not too friendly.

“I wasn’t told. Besides, there was traffic.”

“You weren’t told? Do you need a map to get to the bathroom also? This is the industry, don’t expect people to be telling you what to do, you need to figure it out.” He hissed as he grabbed a set of papers over the desk and walked towards her, glaring. “And why do you look so terrible? Nice change of clothes, terrible look on your face.”

“Great, now you will also complain about how I look?” She said. He scoffed and crossed his arms, eyeing her.

“Jeremy Scott, nice. But what should we do with those bags under your eyes? You’re meeting with the CEO of the company and you just show up looking like you had a hangover?” He said and Chaerin glared at him, crossing her arms.

“I was working, and because of you, I only had two hours of sleep. How do you expect me to look? Like ing Paris Hilton or something?” She said and he chuckled, giving her a crooked smile.

“I haven’t slept in weeks, see if I look like you?”

“You certainly don’t, it would take you too much awesomeness to look like me.” She said. He scoffed again and gestured her to get out. She walked out, followed by him.

“Follow me.” He said as he took the elevator. She did, not saying any other word as the doors closed. She noticed he hit the 5th floor, and she raised an eyebrow at him.

“We could have taken the stairs.” She said. Jiyong his front teeth and looked at her through the corner of his eye.

“I hurt my ankle last night, not that you mind.” He said. Chaerin pouted and nodded, looking straight at the doors. Her curiosity got the best of her, and she looked down at his feet. It was hidden under his boots, but he did looked like putting his weight over the left feet more than the right one. She shrugged and moved casually on her spot, playing with her fingers. Jiyong let out an exasperate sigh and looked at her, but the doors opened, and he just grunted and walked out, limping.

Chaerin followed him into the first crystal doors on the building. It was tinted glass, so she couldn’t quite see anything inside. Jiyong opened the doors, and the chatting inside died. He looked at Chaerin and gestured her with his face to walk in. She did, and he walked in right after her. Inside there was a beige sectional sofa with a matching lounge chair at the side, and in front of it, the desk. Behind the desk were posters of different groups, Jiyong being in the center of all of them. She noticed there was one with him alone, then one with him with other five males, Bae at the center. At the end of the office there was a wall made of crystal windows that had view of Seoul City. At the wall to the left, there were stands of action figures, hundreds of them, Chaerin counted.  

“Jiyong, you are late.” The man sitting at the desk said without looking up. Jiyong straightened himself and nodded, glaring at Chaerin. There was a man sitting in the sectional sofa, looking at them with a smile.

“Jiyong, when did you came back?” He said. Jiyong smiled at walked towards the sofa, throwing himself casually on it.

“A week ago, .” He said. The man smiled and nodded.

“Don’t ignore my statement Jiyong, why are you late?” The man said, now looking at him. Jiyong looked at Chaerin and took a deep breath.

“Don’t look at me Hyunsuk, ask her.” He said signaling Chaerin. Hyunsuk looked at her with a blank stare, moving a finger on his fingers.

“Miss Lee Chaerin, am I right?” Hyunsuk said and Chaerin nodded quickly. “It is a habit of yours to be late?”

“No, it’s just that–”

“Also, are you hungover or something?” He asked, interrupting her. She took a quick glance over at Jiyong, who was smirking while playing with the man at his side. A man that didn’t looked quite old, maybe around her own age. Handsome, just like Jiyong, and other thing she noticed, they seemed pretty close.

“No.” She answered simply, feeling annoyed at their assumptions. Hyunsuk stood up and walked towards her, eyeing her from head to toe, just like Jiyong had done.

“Care to explain why you are so late?” He said and Chaerin nodded carefully.

“I work as a DJ in Club Elliu, and last night, it was a full house.” She answered.

“Oh really? White room or Black room?” Hyunsuk said and Chaerin smiled, feeling more comfortable with him.

“Black room.” She answered.

“Our Jiyong was there last night, partying with the boys.” Hyunsuk said, smiling as he looked at Jiyong, who smiled back, slightly looking at his feet. “And he got himself injured, that kid.”

“It was really crowded last night.” Chaerin said. Jiyong crossed his legs and looked at her with a bit of amusement.

“It was, I got out of there at 5 in the morning.”

“Lucky you, I got out at 6, and barely slept when you called.” Chaerin said. Hyunsuk was looking at both of them talking with amusement, crossing his arms.

“Yeah, sleep, what is that?” Jiyong said and the man next to him laughed.

“Sleep, like when you go to bed and close your eyes, then dream.” The man said and Jiyong slapped his head.

“I only use bed for some other things…” Jiyong responded wiggling his eyebrows and Hyunsuk looked at him with an authoritarian stare.

“Jiyong, mind your language.” Hyunsuk said, and Jiyong smirked while raising an eyebrow. “Seungri’s here.”

“Like the kid’s a saint.” Jiyong said. Seungri quickly burst out laughing, and Hyunsuk lifted a hand while laughing with them. Chaerin was chuckling by herself, when Hyunsuk looked at her, then walked towards his desk.

“I was given a recording last night, and I think it’s really impressive.” Hyunsuk spoke as he grabbed a CD that was lying on his desk. “You have the talent to be part of YG Entertainments, right Jiyong.”

“Yes, she does.” Jiyong said and Chaerin bowed in gratitude, still looking at him with fierce eyes.

“What I don’t like is the part where you are here late, don’t let that happen again, Miss Lee.” Hyunsuk said and Chaerin bowed smiling.

“It won’t happen again.” She said and Hyunsuk smiled.

“Jiyong, she will be under your charge.” Hyunsuk said and Jiyong frowned at him.

“Why?” He said and Hyunsuk smirked.

“It was your eye that found her talent.” He said and Jiyong rolled his eyes, then stood up, walking towards Chaerin. “I’ll leave that talent of yours in charge of honing hers, and I expect some improvement in a month.”

“Let’s see what we can do.” Jiyong said grinning darkly, looking at Chaerin with the same fierceness he had always showed. Chaerin crooked her head and looked at him with an arrogant smile, her front teeth. Jiyong hissed and walked out, gesturing her to follow him. She did, and they walked back into the elevator, with him tapping his right foot on the floor.

“It’s going to be a long night, Lee Chaerin, hope you’re ready.” He said with arrogance, and Chaerin shook her head crossing her arms.

“Not the night, I have work.” She said and Jiyong laughed.

“Work? This is work now, better get used to it.” He said as the elevator doors opened. Chaerin walked in before him, turning around dramatically as she glared at him.

“Am I going to get any pay?” She asked and Jiyong narrowed his eyes.

“Not until you debut.”

“Then I will need to work, so we have only until 8pm, sorry.” She said with a satisfactory grin. Jiyong put a hand on his hair, then glared at her.

“Cool.” He simply said and walked out of the elevator when the doors opened. Chaerin rolled her eyes and walked after him, her annoyance growing in unbelievable levels. Of all the people in that company, she had to be stuck with the spoiled brat of it, just great.