Unveiled

Twist Of Destiny

The doors opened slowly as he walked inside. The house was dark, empty and somber. The constant buzzing of live, cheer and joy had left the walls, changed for a somber atmosphere where no one smiled, there was nothing to smile for. Youngbae walked in first, taking his jacket off as a servant walked towards him. Jiyong gulped softly as he too walked in, also taking his jacket off. “Jiyong, your father has been expecting you. Why are you late?” Said a man walking towards them. Jiyong turned around, glaring at the man as he gave his jacket to the servant.

“Sean, so not good to see you.” Jiyong said and looked to the side, towards the main hall. “Where is he?”

“Always the rebel.” Sean said as he walked towards the door to the main hall. “He’s at his office, of course.”

“As usual.” Jiyong said and walked towards the stairs, putting his hand on the handrail as he walked up. He needed to support himself, the pain on his leg was starting to bother him. It wasn’t as unbearable as the first day, but it still bothered him to walk. Youngbae stood next to him, intending to help Jiyong, but he lifted a hand, stopping him from doing so. “I can manage.” Jiyong said, making Youngbae frown.

“I’m here to help.”

“As my friend, not a servant. I have had more than enough of those.” Jiyong said, and Youngbae smiled while nodding.

“Then I’ll see you up there.” He said and fastened his pace. Jiyong shook his head and chuckled, fastening his pace as much as he could.

By the time he reached the upper level, his leg was trembling, his feet were feeling numb and his chest was rising rapidly. Youngbae was already standing in front of his father’s office, and Jiyong gulped, taking a deep breath before walking towards the office. Youngbae looked at him, a gesture of support and loyalty. He was always going to be there for him, even in the darkest of times. Jiyong nodded and put his hand on the doorknob, then took it out, balling it into a fist and knocking hard on the door.

“Come in.” Younghwan called from inside. Jiyong cleared his throat and opened the door, trying to maintain the fierceness on his expression. It was always hard for him to keep his head up high in presence of his father. He was, after all, a mix between a god and the devil. He worshipped his father throughout all his life, always living up to his expectation. No matter what Younghwan asked, Jiyong would do, without thinking how dirty or how low he could get, he always did. “Jiyong.” Younghwan said as he looked straight into Jiyong’s eyes. Jiyong nodded, sitting down in front of the desk, followed by Youngbae. “And Youngbae. It’s good to see you guys.”

“Make this quick.” Jiyong hissed. His father smiled and nodded, resting his back on his chair.

“Are we in a hurry?” Younghwan said, to which Jiyong smirked.

“No, not at all.” He said. He was forcing himself not to call him father, but it was almost impossible. Something about the way he talked, the way he looked made him shiver inside, but he fought it with all his might.

“Great, then you won’t mind staying home for a few days, right?” Younghwan said, and Jiyong frowned, feeling slightly annoyed.

“When have I stayed home for more than a few minutes?” Jiyong said and Younghwan chuckled, moving sideways on his chair.

“It’s time for you to spend time with your family. We’re having a gathering here, tonight. Everyone’s coming for the weekend. You are part of this family, you have to be here.” Younghwan said, making Jiyong scoff in disbelieve.

“Now I’m part of this family?” Jiyong said, to which Younghwan simply nodded, unaffected by Jiyong bluntness.

“And as part of this family, you have responsibilities that needs to be attended.” Younghwan said, and Jiyong stopped looking around and smirked, an evil dark grin that clouded every last happy memory of his soul.

“The job.” Jiyong simply said, to which Younghwan smiled and nodded.

“It’s taking too long, why?” Younghwan said, and Jiyong chuckled, looking at Youngbae as he shifted on his chair. Anger was rising rapidly, making his heart beat faster.

“I’m not doing it.” Jiyong spit out.

“I beg your pardon?” Younghwan said, and Jiyong nodded.

“You heard me, I’m out.”

“You can’t.” Younghwan simply said. Jiyong laughed humorlessly and glared at his father.

“Watch me.” Jiyong hissed. In that moment, he heard the door opening, and a few men entered the room, standing at the far side of it, their hands together in front of them as their legs remained slightly parted. A stance for a quick movement.

“The job was there before you fell in love with the . It will be done, be it by your hand or not.” Younghwan said. Something clicked inside of Jiyong, almost as if something was and his reasoning was turned off. He jumped over the desk until he reached his father’s throat. Younghwan was expecting that, since he didn’t had the chance to suffocate him thanks to the men holding him. Youngbae stood up, but as soon as he did, he was forced to stand down, two men holding him in place.

“You will not put a hand on her! YOU HEAR ME?!” Jiyong hissed as he was being pushed back, his legs throwing everything on the desk to the floor. Younghwan fixed his suit as he cracked his neck, slightly smiling as Jiyong was being held in place. Jiyong glared at him as his father approached him, slapping him hard on his face.

“You will not interfere in out business. This will be done, I will have the Lee’s company, like it or not.” Younghwan hissed, gesturing the men to take them out.

“YOU WILL NOT! I WILL NOT LET YOU!” Jiyong screamed as he was being dragged out of the office.

“And how exactly are you going to stop me?” Younghwan said as Jiyong fought. “You’re nothing without me. And to top it all, you’re a disgrace to our family. You’re no longer my son.” He said as he turned around, fixing his desk.

The men dragged him out until they reached his old room. Youngbae was right next to him, also being dragged until both of them were thrown inside the room, disarmed and locked. Jiyong’s leg hit the bed as his head hit the bedside table. Youngbae fell on top of a chair that was next to the door, breaking it into pieces. Both of them groaned as they slowly stood up. Jiyong looked at the door, completely drowning into madness, and started kicking it and hitting it. “YOU CAN’T ING DO THIS TO ME!” He screamed as he hit the door with all his might, trying to break it apart, only ending in hurting himself until he bled.

Youngbae stopped him, holding his chest and pushing him back. “Stop it! It’s useless! You’re hurting yourself!” He said as he signaled Jiyong’s leg. He panted and looked at the window, quickly going towards it. Jiyong opened the curtains hastily, throwing them down as he looked outside. The windows were barred, completely impossible to jump out.

“He can’t do this to me!” He screamed as he punched the window, shattering it the glass, but not breaking it. Youngbae walked next to him, looking out as Jiyong continued to vent his anger around his old room.

“There must be a way out.” Youngbae muttered as he inspected the window. Jiyong felt his foot getting stuck on the floor whenever he walked, and when he looked down, a loud curse came out of his mouth as he saw his bleeding leg staining the floor.

“ing awesome!” He said in anger as he sat down in bed, oblivious of his own pain.

“Jiyong, I know you used to come out somehow whenever Younghwan punished you. How?” Youngbae said, and Jiyong frowned, looking around the room.

“There was a door behind the toilet.” Jiyong said as his eyes widened and he stood up, walking towards his old bathroom. He opened the door hastily, walking limply by now, and went towards the toilet.

“Did you found it?” Youngbae asked as he looked around the room. Jiyong hissed and punched the wall, nothing moved. Younghwan had sealed it, it seemed.

“The bastard sealed it!” Jiyong yelled as he kicked the toilet bowl, then walked out. Youngbae stopped to look at him, his worried eyes fixed on his leg.

“It’s bleeding.”

“I know.” Jiyong hissed and went towards his old bed, throwing himself on it as he covered his eyes with his hands. “And I have a headache.”

“I am not surprised.” Youngbae said as he walked towards the bathroom. Jiyong hissed and closed his eyes, feeling his body slowly getting colder. The pains were more evident now, and he noticed his fists were injured, since they started to throb madly.

“.” He hissed and sat up, looking at Youngbae coming out with a bowl filled with water and a towel.

“There’s nothing more.” Youngbae shrugged. Jiyong scoffed and looked at the door.

“Forget it. I’m not in the mood.”

“Your injury–”

“I said I’m not in the mood!” Jiyong yelled and looked back at the door, trying to see any shadows, any person walking by, anything at all. He couldn’t be locked now, couldn’t be there waiting until Chaerin was terribly murdered, all by his own fault. He shook his head as he rested his back on bed, closing his eyes and resting his hands on his chest. After all, he always ended up hurting her, but now, it was no time for regrets, he needed to come out and save her, keep her safe. One more time, he needed to be with her, even if it was one last time.

Chaerin glared at her uncle as he signed some papers in front of her. He had this horrible smirk on his face that only made her want to hurt him, badly. He looked up and smiled as he folded the paper. “Here is the amount of money I’m giving you, a wedding gift.” He said and handed her the paper. She took it and threw it to the side, glaring at him.

“I’m not doing it.” She said and stood up.

“You are doing this.” Sooman said, also standing up. “You have to do this.” Chaerin glared at him, almost sending daggers with her eyes. The anger she was feeling couldn’t be described with anything, she was just angry, completely loathing the man in front of her. A man that never too part in her life, never was there for her or her family, even if they needed him, he was never there.

“No, you can go my mother now. I’m not doing this. I don’t owe you anything.” She said and walked towards the door. Her mind was clouded with memories of her family, going through difficult moments, always asking Sooman for help, and he always denied it. “You were never there when we needed you, why would I do something for you now?”

“I was there, I was always there. Your father needed money, I give. Your father needed a house, I give.” Sooman said. “Your mother wanted new clothes, I give.”

“Oh yea, my mother. She loves your generosity.” Chaerin hissed, still holding the doorknob. “I’m still not doing this. You haven’t given anything to me, I will give nothing to you.”

“To your father. You owe your father. After all, he was murdered because of you.” He said and she stopped, her trembling hand stopping from touching the doorknob.

“Father!” Taemin said, quickly standing up and going to Chaerin’s side.

“What did you say?” Chaerin hissed as she slowly moved he head to the side, glaring at him.

“The truth. It was your own fault your father was murdered.” Sooman said, intertwining his fingers as he moved to the front of his desk. “Kijin was killed because of you.”

“That’s enough father.” Taemin said, holding Chaerin’s shoulder as he opened the door. “Come.”

“Tell me.” Chaerin hissed, and Taemin rolled his eyes, glaring at Sooman.

“No,” He said. Sooman crooked his head slightly as he rested his weight on the desk, almost glaring at them.

“Kijin was killed because of your affairs with that Kwon boy.” Sooman said. Chaerin frowned at him. Taemin shook his head as he let out a sigh.

“Assumptions.” Taemin said.

“Have you not told her Taemin?” Sooman said, and Taemin glared at him.

“I only speak with facts. Give me facts and I’ll tell her.” Taemin said. Chaerin glared at him.

“Tell me what?” She said and Taemin shook his head, holding her shoulder, but she slapped it off, walking towards Sooman. He looked at her with a smug, making her desire to punch him increase by the passing minute.

“The truth, of course.” Sooman said. “We know who killed your father Chaerin. We always knew.”

“Tell me who is it!” She said, holding his suit and shaking him violently, yet he almost didn’t moved. Taemin went towards her, holding her in place as Sooman fixed his clothes.

“No Chaerin, now’s not the time.” Taemin said as he tried to push her out, but she simply fought him, easily escaping his grasp.

“I need to know. Please tell me!” She said, and Sooman nodded, extending his hands towards her, caressing her face.

“Of course my dear, everything for my niece.” He said. “But first, you need to agree on this arrangement. It’s the only weapon we have to avenge your father.” She bit her lip, looking at him as she had never looked at any other person. She couldn’t do that to Jiyong, he was everything to her. She couldn’t marry someone she didn’t knew, someone she didn’t loved. If she had to marry, she always wished it would be Jiyong, not some random guy her family arranged for her.

“I can’t.” She said softly, and Sooman hugged her, caressing her hair. She felt uncomfortable, it was bizarre of her uncle to be like this, she had never known him like this, never saw him hugging even Taemin.

“You have to do this, for your father’s memory.” He said softly.

“That’s so low father.” Taemin hissed. Chaerin pulled out from the hug, looking at Sooman with narrow eyes.

“Tell me first.” She said. Sooman smirked and crooked his head, holding a pencil as he thought.

“You love him, don’t you?” Sooman said. She narrowed her eyes, and looked at Taemin, who was standing at Sooman’s side, glaring at him.

“Father, don’t do this.”

“I love who?” Chaerin said. Sooman smiled and looked at her, setting the pencil aside.

“Kwon Jiyong.” Sooman said. Chaerin gulped, suddenly aware and scared of her answers. As she bit her lip, she slowly nodded, making Sooman smile wider.

“I do.” She said, and Sooman looked at Taemin, who was glaring at him with pure hatred.

“You know it’s only an assumption.” Taemin hissed. Sooman, however, walked towards his desk and pulled out a paper, handing it to Chaerin. She quickly took it, abruptly taking it from Sooman’s hands and looking at it. “Chaerin, don’t–”

“What is this?” She said as she saw Jiyong’s picture on a profile. It had his birthdate, the name of his family members, his stage name, and almost everything regarding him, including his current relationship with her.

“It’s a profile.” Sooman said as he sat back on his chair. “Of Kwon Jiyong.” She gulped and looked at the relationship status again. Under Jiyong’s name, the words Potential Enemy were written in bold red.

“Who is he?” She said, her hands trembling as she felt the burning tears forming at the rim of her eyes.

“Only son to the leader of the Dragon Dynasty.” Taemin said. She looked at him as he looked down at his hands. “Heir to the Kwon’s business, YG Entertainments, Club Eliu and so on.”

“No…” She said softly as she looked back at the profile. His face looked menacing, his eyes were blank with anger, madness. Madness was written all over his face as she looked at the picture, and she realized, she didn’t knew that man at all.

“He’s the current Hit Man to the Dragon’s Dynasty, his name, Young Dragon.” Taemin said. It was all as if a movie was being played in her mind. The day that killer cut the fingers of the man, then hit her. The Dragon mask made sense now. It was his signature, G-Dragon, Young Dragon, it was all him, the same person. She gasped as she put a hand over , losing balance. She let herself fall on the sofa, looking at the picture as tears fell down from her face.

“Not only he’s the current Hit Man of the Dragons, he’s the current leader of a gang inside of YG, known as Big Bang. They are the ones who do the dirty work inside the company.” Sooman said.

“Chaerin, I’m so sorry.” Taemin said, walking towards her. She nodded as she bit her lip, trying to quiet down the sobs that were threatening to come out.

“Did he… Did he…” She started saying, but the words couldn’t come out of . She looked at Taemin as he slowly nodded. She screamed on her palm as the paper fell from her hands. Everything she had feared became a reality.

“I’m so sorry, I am still not sure.” Taemin said softly as he put his arm around her shoulders.

“But I am, he was the one who killed my brother, and Chaerin, he’s the one after you.” Sooman said. Chaerin shook her head as she stood up. Her body was trembling as she looked at them both, tears falling nonstop from her eyes.

“You’re lying! You’re making this up so I would agree on marrying that bastard!” She screamed as she moved frantically around the office. “This is a lie.”

“If it is, why are you crying like that?” Sooman said. Chaerin stopped and looked at him, her eyes blurry, her head crooked and her hands at her side, trembling.

“Why are you doing this to me?” She cried. Sooman shook his head as he stood up, intending to walk over her, but she stepped back, extending her hands. “No, don’t come near me.”

“I am not doing this to you Chaerin.” Sooman said. She shook her head and looked at the door. Now the idea of going back to her safe place vanished from her mind. There was no safe place for her, not anymore.

Sooman moved closer, and she ran out of the office. Her heart was beating fast as she opened the doors hastily, running through the yard as she reached the gates. She ran with all her might, finally stopping as she saw the gates closed. With her hands balled into fist, she started hitting the bars, screaming like a maniac as she tried to open the gates with her bare hands. “ING OPEN THIS !” She screamed at the top of her lungs. A guard came up to her, and she glared at him, hitting the gates one more time. “Open up.” She hissed.

“I’m sorry, I’m not authorized.” He said. She scoffed and went over him. She moved so fast the guard didn’t had time to stop her. Without much effort, she held the man’s neck and turned him around, holding both his arms and neck, all in an effortless movement. She was angry, poisoned with anger.

“Open the gates.” She hissed, and the guard nodded. She let go of one hand, and he quickly reached for his remote, hitting a button without second thoughts. The gates opened slowly, and she threw the guard to the floor, quickly running towards the gate and passing through the small gap. She looked back, and saw both Taemin and Kikwang running her way, but she glared at them as she continued running away.

“Chaerin!” They yelled, but she didn’t stopped, she continued running and running, almost impressed at her own stamina. Maybe it was the anger she felt, or the urges to get out of that place. It was impossible to bear, impossible to stay one more second in there. But no matter how far she got, the pain was still there. She didn’t had a place to go, someone to go to. Jiyong was certainly not the person she wanted to see.

Betrayal was getting the best of her as she stopped in front of a park, crying her heart out as she let herself fall on the floor. “WHY?! WHY DID YOU DO IT?!” She screamed at nothing as she pulled her hair, trying to make the pain go away, but it was growing inside, making it impossible to reason, to breathe. No pain had been greater than it, the feeling of betrayal, a disappointment that had no measure, it was simply unbearable.

She cried, as she hadn’t done in long years, she cried. Even more than when she saw her father dead, she cried. She had lost everything, there was nothing more to hold on to, the little ray of hope vanished from her sight, and there was only darkness. Everything she longed, she wished and desired vanished right into her palms, filling the hole with more darkness. She wasn’t empty anymore, no, she was filled with hatred, with anger, with pain and darkness. Nothing more could be compared to that, and as she stayed there, she longed for death to take over her. That would be something to look up to, to enjoy and to live. Right at that moment, she wanted nothing more than death to find her. Nothing they said scared her more than the fact that her Jiyong was the enemy, that her Jiyong was the man she needed to hate, she needed to fear, but her love for him was greater than the fear of him. Better off dead than to face the reality that he was no longer hers, for he was now her enemy, and she needed to hate him.

 


Gily's Notes: AND SHE FOUND OUT!!! Wooo!!!

Also, I started this other story, like a Pilot kind of thing... It's on FanFicOverflow, so please, pllleeeaasssee check it out!!!

http://www.fanficoverflow.com/story/view/2467/lifeless-originalcharacter-romancedrama-andysixx-bvbarmy

Thank you!!

Also, I wanted to tell you guys something. I love comments... that's like my paycheck. I don't get paid for writing and posting my stories here, so I feel like I'm being paid whenever you guys leave a lovely comment, so please, don't be silent. Let me know what you think!!!

Happy Reading ~

Gily ♥