Father

Twist Of Destiny

“Ok, I think is good now, you can get out.” Jiyong said as he continued to type on his computer. Chaerin let out a sigh as she took out her headphones, coughing slightly as felt dry and strained. She walked out, throwing her hair back. Again, it was only the two of them. All the other had left early, schedule, as Jiyong had told her.

“Did it came out good?” Chaerin asked as she closed the door to the recording booth. Jiyong smiled and nodded as he played the song. Chaerin listened to it as she sat on the sofa behind Jiyong. She couldn’t deny it, for the first time, she felt happy she had done something right. For a moment, she had forgotten all of her worries and just listened to the music. For once she had to admit Jiyong had a keen ear to the beats.

“It came out great.” Jiyong said as the music stopped. “You did a great job.” He said. Chaerin smiled and nodded.

“Can I go now?” She asked and Jiyong raised an eyebrow. “I am hungry.” He quickly smiled and nodded, making her feel uncomfortable. That smiling part of him wasn’t usual, it was almost alien to his face.

“Can I take you out to eat?” He asked and she widened her eyes.

“What?”

“As a reward for your hard work. Let’s go.” He said and Chaerin opened to protest, but he just silenced her with a hand up as he grabbed his ringing phone.

“Hello?” He answered with a frown on his face. Chaerin looked at him as he talked, his back facing her. “You got it? Great.” He said, now standing up. “Yeah I’m finished. No I haven’t eaten, was about to go and pick something to eat. No don’t mind it, I can go by myself. Yes, you too, bye.” He ended the call and looked at Chaerin. His eyes still looked fierce, but his face had a warmth in it.

“I can’t go with you.” She said and he raised an eyebrow.

“It is not a date, it’s just food, and it’s right here, in the cafeteria.” He said and walked towards the door. “Come on.” She bit her lip and let out a sigh. Food was food, and she was hungry.

The cafeteria was empty, like usual at 8pm. Jiyong walked in and smiled at the cook. She smiled at him and then frowned. “Jiyong, you haven’t been eating properly, I’ve been told.” She scolded him. Jiyong smiled and bowed slightly.

“I have been busy Mary, I am sorry.” He said and Mary frowned again.

“It’s ok, I will serve you loads of food so you gain back your weight. You’re too skinny.” She said as she grabbed a plate. Jiyong tried to stop her, but she filled it with food. “And another one for that pretty lady, she needs food too, too skinny.” She continued serving another plate full of food. Jiyong looked at Chaerin with an apologetical face as he shrugged. Chaerin laughed and shook her hands. He looked at her with a strange feeling. It was the first time he had ever seen her smiling at all.

“Thanks Mary, I appreciate it.” Jiyong said as he grabbed the plates of food. Mary smiled and nodded, then lifted a hand as she called him out.

“Ah, Jiyongie, your father’s around. He was asking for you.” Mary said. Jiyong widened his eyes as he looked at her.

“M-My father?” Jiyong said and Mary nodded.

“Yes, Younghwan, he ate here and said he was going to wait for you at your office. Don’t be late, you know how he gets.” Mary said and went back into the kitchen. Jiyong gulped as he looked at the now empty cafeteria.

“Jiyong?” He heard a voice. When he turned around, he remembered Chaerin was with him and that he was still holding her plate. He chuckled nervously and handed her the two plates.

“I’m sorry Chaerin, I will have to leave you alone now.” He said.

“Wait, you have to eat.” She said and he dismissed her with a hand as he walked out of the cafeteria.

“I will call you.” He said and closed the doors. He traced his fingers through his hair as he took deep breaths and went towards his office at the fifth floor. For some reason, his hands were shaking violently as he fished out his phone from his pocket. He couldn’t call anyone, so he just texted.

Bae, father’s here and he wants to talk to me. Make sure everything’s ready so he won’t suspect.

He took another deep breath as he reached his office. Standing in front of the door, he suddenly felt aware of his attire. Dusting his clothes as fixing his hair, he took more deep breaths before opening the door. As he entered, he saw his father sitting on his desk, looking at some papers scatter all over it.

“Father, what a surprise.” He said and his father looked up. He had a frown on his face as he rested his back on the chair.

“Jiyong, how are you?” His father said. Jiyong took a deep breath and sat at the chair in front of the desk.

“I am good.” He said. His father nodded as he looked at him, his arms intertwined in front of him.

“Have you been eating well? I heard you are not eating properly.” Younghwan said. Jiyong moved slightly on his chair and crossed his leg.

“I have been busy.” He answered. He always made a point to answer his father’s question with just the necessary amount of words, no more, no less.

“And what about the drugs? Have you stopped using them? We have paid a lot for your rehabilitation.”

“Father, I am done with that.” Jiyong answered. His father nodded.

“I heard a message on the wind.” His father continued, now looking back at the papers. “Heard you let your target escape.” Jiyong looked at him with a serious expression as his father took a paper out of the little stash. “And also heard, you killed an innocent man in that little mistake.” Jiyong gulped down as his father handed him a paper with the man’s profile. He saw his name, what he do, who his family was and how that could affect the Kwon’s family.

“I am sorry.” Jiyong muttered as his father rested his back again on the chair.

“Me too.” His father said. “I have started the cleanup, but I think you have already cleaned half of the mess.” Jiyong nodded as he put the paper back in the desk. He was too nervous to even read the profile properly, but he knew he was missing something on it.

“I am working on it.” Jiyong said and his father smirk.

“Oh Jiyong, you are so naïve. I am going to give you 12 hours to finally clean the whole mess. If you fail to do so, it’s another little war between two powerful families, and all the loss will be on your shoulders.” Younghwan said as he stood up.

“Father…”

“Jiyong, I have been waiting for you to do something right, and whenever I think you will, you end up messing my whole work. I cannot give my dynasty to someone who is more likely to destroy it the very next day.” Younghwan said, glaring at Jiyong. “Son, I have trained you myself, I have taught you all there is to be taught, but it is your attitude that is the problem. You have no self-respect, no sense of responsibility. I wanted a son who could be a good leader, yet you only think of killing and cleaning. That is not how this works, and now, I am here, again, cleaning after your messes. I don’t want any more mistakes Kwon Jiyong, not one more.” He said and left, leaving Jiyong staring at the profile of Lee Kijin.

His phone rang and he jumped slightly, feeling angered at everything that has been happening. He grabbed the phone and stood up, looking at the window. “What?” He hissed.

“Is Younghwan still around?” Youngbae asked. Jiyong let out a sigh and lowered his face.

“No, he just left.”

“Does he knows?”

“He knows.” Jiyong said. Youngbae stayed silent for a moment, then spoke.

“We have the bullet, everything’s done.” He said and Jiyong nodded.

“Great, I will go now. Bye.” He said and hung up, glaring at his reflection. He his front teeth and let out an angered sigh as he stormed out of the office. All the papers on the desk flew around as he closed the door, scattering all around the office.

Chaerin ate in silence as she looked around the cafeteria. She was completely alone, and for some reason, she didn’t like it. She loved solitude, she could find peace on it, but that place, she felt like her air was coming out short, like the walls were closing around her, glaring at her. She finished the food quickly and went over the counter, where the lady was cleaning something. Chaerin set the two plates on the counter and the lady looked at her, then at the cafeteria.

“He left without eating again, right?” The lady said and Chaerin nodded.

“It was delicious.” Chaerin said and the lady smiled nodding.

“Are you a trainee?” The lady said as she grabbed the plates. Chaerin nodded and took out money from her bag. The lady frowned and shook her head as she stopped Chaerin with her hands.

“That food's already paid, don’t bother.” She said and Chaerin narrowed her eyes. “Jiyong has an account, so it’s all taken care off.” Chaerin nodded and bowed slightly.

“Thank you.” She said and the lady smiled.

“Not me, Jiyong. Thank him.” She said. Chaerin smiled again and walked out of the cafeteria, exhausted. The three days without slept had finally got to her, and she frowned as a yawn came out. As she walked towards the main doors, she caught by the corner of her eye as silhouette approaching her fast. She turned around, only to be pulled out of the building by her arm.

As she stepped out, she shoved her arm harshly as Jiyong frowned at her. “Are you crazy?!” She yelled at him as she touched the part where he had held her. It was throbbing with pain, and she glared at him as strong as her pain.

“I need to get out.” He said. 

“And what does that exactly has to do with me?” She said as she blew her arm. Jiyong put his hands on his head, then glared at her.

“You’re one of the reasons I’m so stressed!” He yelled and she looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

“Me? What have I done to you?” She said and he let out a scream of stress, then look at her.

“Come.” He said. She glared at him and crossed her arms.

“Hell no, you could be a mass murderer and kill me, then throw me out in a forest so no one could find me.” She said. Jiyong stopped and looked at her with serious, fierce eyes.

“I am not so lame.” He said and she scoffed.

“Yeah right.”

“I wouldn’t throw you to the forest, that’s old school.” He said and she looked at him with narrow eyes. She scoffed then took a deep breath.

“Where do you want to go?” She asked and he shrugged.

“Anywhere, I just want to get out of here.” He answered and she thought.

“Let’s go to Elliu.”

“No!” Jiyong answered rapidly. She noticed the stress on his eyes, then shrugged off and looked at him blankly.

“Then tell me where.” She said and he narrowed his eyes.

“You won’t mind?” He asked her and she shrugged.

“I am in need of going out too.” She answered honestly and he scoffed. “And I don’t want to go home just yet.” Jiyong nodded and took out his keys.

“Then let’s go around.” He said and she nodded, following him to his car.

The dorm was empty and cold. There was no one inside as they walked in. Seungri looked at Youngbae as he took off his jacket, throwing it on a chair. Seungri locked the door as he took off his shoes. Youngbae let out a sigh and walked into the kitchen, grabbing two cans of soda. He then walked back towards Seungri, who was taking off his stained shirt and throwing it on the basket.

“Take this.” Youngbae said and Seungri smiled as he took it.

“Thanks.” Seungri said as he opened the can. Youngbae looked at the bullet in his hand. A Dragon was carved on it. He scoffed as he put it on a plate on a table in the center of the living room and sat on the sofa.

“Such a careless motherer.” Youngbae muttered. Seungri nodded and sat next to him, sipping his soda.

“Maybe Daesung was right, maybe he should take a rest.” Seungri muttered.

“Do you think he’s back on drugs?” Youngbae said and Seungri shrugged.

“I don’t think so, he looked tired, not high.” Seungri answered honestly. Youngbae nodded and grabbed his cellphone. “Who are you calling?”

“Jiyong, I want, no, I need to know what that er’s doing all the time.” He said and put the phone close to his ear.

“What?” Jiyong answered after the second ring.

“Where are you and what are you doing?” Youngbae said.

“I’m out.” Jiyong answered.

“With who?”

“Does that even matters?” Jiyong answered. Youngbae narrowed his eyes as he heard music in the background.

“Are you out clubbing?”

“Not clubbing, I’m just out.” Jiyong answered. “Do you need something?”

“I just wanted to check on you.” Youngbae shrugged. He heard Jiyong chuckling, and his eyes widened in surprise.

“I’m ok and I’m not alone, don’t worry.” Jiyong said. “I got to go, talk to you later.”

“Hey, .”

“What?”

“We are at the dorm with your dragon. Everything’s fine.”

“Great, thanks a lot.”

“Its ok man, get back here when you’re done. Don’t go home just yet.”

“I know. Bye.” And he ended the call. Youngbae looked at the phone and let out a sigh.

“I think he’s with Chaerin.”

“How do you know?” Seungri asked. Youngbae shrugged and looked at Seungri.

“You know him, my dear little brother, you know him.” He said and left for his room.

 


Gily's Notes: I want you all to know the things I know, and I wish I could update quick and just let you all know, but I still have to write write write!!!

Lol! I want to share this with you guys, I found this picture really y and really cute. What do you think?

It's y! haha!

Happy Reading ~

Gily ♥