Work

Twist Of Destiny

The night set in, and the recordings were still up, the training bringing up exhaustion as the hours went by. Chaerin’s stress was growing too, along with her exhaustion. Jiyong had been making her sing over and over again different songs, telling her how to use her vocals and how to keep a note clear. He had helped her, but the lack of sleep, plus the stress of work wasn’t making wonders on her condition.

“You have to focus on what I say.” Jiyong said, it was probably the 100th time he said the same sentence that night. “If you feel the voice is straining, throw your head back, it will open the vocal cords.”

“I am doing it, and it’s not strained!” She said in annoyance. Jiyong took a deep breath and grabbed the latte he was drinking, holding the cup tight on his hands.

“We can’t work like this, we are not going anywhere.” He said and took a sip of his latte.

“Glad you noticed, Mr. Wonder, I need to go.” She said and he glared at her from the top of his cup.

“I too need to go, but I’m stuck here with you, what can we do?” He said with sarcasm. Chaerin rolled her eyes and looked at her purse, her phone was ringing. Jiyong his front teeth and moved his head to the side, gesturing her to pick it up. She quickly went over her purse and pulled out of her phone, it was her father calling her.

“Father? Hello.” She said.

“Chaerin, honey, where are you? Hyunseung called me from the club, said you haven’t arrived yet.” His father said. Chaerin let out a sigh and turned a bit around, hiding her face from Jiyong’s view.

“Dad, I’m at the company.”

“They accepted you?”

“Yes, they did, and they are working my off right now.” She said and her father started to laugh.

“Poor child, but I am glad, are you going to the club? How much did you slept last night? Hyunseung told me you got out late.”

“I slept almost until noon, so I’m good.” She lied. “And yes, father, tell him I’m coming.”

“Alright then, I’ll tell him, be careful honey. I love you.”

“I love you too dad, bye.” She said and hung up, glaring at Jiyong. “Up until here Jiyong, I have to work.”

“We are working.” He said crossing his legs. Chaerin rolled her eyes and grabbed her purse.

“Good night Jiyong.” She said. The chair he was sitting on made a screeching sound. She was about to open the door when he hastily held her arm, turning her around and pinning her on the wall next to the door.

“Listen here, little , if you’re going to be here, better get used to my way. If you want to become an idol, you better start listening to your seniors and do things as I say them. Understood?” He hissed at her face. Chaerin narrowed her eyes and shoved his hand away, slightly pushing him with it. He was biting the inside of his cheeks as he glared at her. “You better stop being so spoiled and start working your off if you want to be someone here.”

“Listen, golden boy, you are not anyone’s boss here, and I certainly didn’t come to get bullied by some gangsta wannabe. So off.” She said and opened the door harshly, walking out.

The door was slammed shut, so hard the papers on the desk blew all around the studio. Jiyong kept looking at the door, fuming as he thought over and over again what had just happened. “That .” He murmured as he turned around and grabbed a few papers on the floor. His lyrics, the composed songs were all scattered around. “Mothering .”

His phone rang out loud in the room, making him jump slightly in surprise. Jiyong grunted as he turned around harshly, grabbing the phone that was lying on the table at the center of the studio, vibrating furiously.

“What?” He growled. The person on the other line chuckled slightly.

“That’s how much you love this, right?” He said. Jiyong rolled his eyes and slumped down on a chair, rubbing his temples.

“When and where?”

“Don’t you want to know the details?” The man said. Jiyong let his hand fall on the arm of the chair as he slipped down on his chair, getting more comfortable.

“Does that even matters?” He growled again and the person chuckled again.

“You seem to be in a terrible mood today.”

“And you seem to be in a terribly annoying mood, what the do you want now Seunghwan?”

“There’s another fish in the sea Jiyong, we have to capture it and bring it back.”

“Who?”

“Yang Yoseob. I want that fish back in the tank.”

“Alive?”

“Just get him out of business before his nose gets involved in open seas.” Seunghwan hung up, and Jiyong took a deep breath, looking at himself through the crystals of the recording booth. With another sigh, he stood up and walked towards the back of the studio, where his bag was. He grabbed it without another thought and walked out, scowling his way to his car.

As he walked out, he noticed a slim figure waiting in front of the gates. It was cold, and it looked like it was about to rain. He squinted his eyes and noticed it was Chaerin, calling for a cab. He his front teeth as he looked at her, raising an eyebrow as he enjoyed the sight by his own. “.” He murmured as he walked towards his car, ignoring her.

He drove out, glaring at her as he drove past through the gates. She took a quick glance at the car, and he smirked as he lifted his head, looking to the front, ignoring her presence. So much time she had wasted from him, only to be standing there, looking for a lift to who knows where. Shaking his head no, he grabbed his phoned and touched the speed dial.

“What?” the person answered after two rings. Jiyong smirked and grabbed the phone, putting it on speaker as he drove full speed through the highway.

“Sean called, we got work to do.” He said. He heard the groans of the person on the line.

“Ji, I was supposed to be free.”

“Not anymore Bae, get your ready, I’m on my way.” Jiyong said. Youngbae groaned again.

“Call Seungri, or Seunghyun. I heard they were also free today.” He protested. Jiyong lifted a brow and bit his tongue before talking.

“You better be ready when I get there, or you will be having a reconstructive surgery on your face.” Jiyong said and ended the call, throwing the phone on the passenger seat.

His hand trembled slightly as he slowly parked the car in front of Youngbae’s house. It had been long since all of them spent hours there, doing nothing but joke around, playing videogames, drinking and enjoying their life. He opened his door and got out, walking slowly towards the front door, looking all around, at Youngbae’s withering garden. It was a cold night, as cold as his own soul, as his own heart.

The front door opened and Youngbae stepped out, dressed in black. He looked at Jiyong with squinted eyes and walked towards the car. “It was my day off.” He muttered as Jiyong walked towards the car.

The club was crowded, the people were screaming and dancing their problems away. Chaerin moved her hands over the DJ Booth in expertise, enjoying the beat of the music, feeling it within her veins. She had loved music for as long as she can remember, and working as a DJ somewhat fulfilled her inner desire to be in the music industry. That was before she knew what that really was. She spun the disks as she bit her lips, sweating slightly as her hat made her head hot. She held her headphones with her right hand as her left one continued to play the music she loved. Her day had been rough, she was dead tired, exhausted, but music held her together, gave her a reason to keep on going.

“Put your hands up!” She screamed in the microphone as she lifted her hands and moved to the beat of the music. The people started cheering and jumping with their hands up. Another soft beat came, crystal sounds with bass and drums. Chaerin moved her head softly as she enjoyed the music. The cheering and screaming told her people enjoyed the music as much as she did. The Black Room was crowded, and the music was booming loudly.

She noticed someone walking up to her, and she smiled politely as she saw the owner of the club walking towards her. It was one of those rare nights where he would be around listening to the music, checking the place out. “Tonight, Chaerin, you have the full house.” He muttered on her ear. Chaerin smiled widely, even in her exhaustion, she could feel the adrenaline running through her veins. Having a Full House meant a fatter pay, which meant, she could take a rest over stressing for everything that surrounded her.

She raised her hands as she grabbed the mic and started to scream out loud for the people. “Raise those mothering hands up!” The people started cheering as she put the Booth in auto play and walked out of it to grab a glass of Martini. She smiled shyly at the bartender and lifted a hand. He looked at her and smirked, greeting her warmly.

“Hello Chae, how’s the night?” He said as he cleaned her glass. She smiled and shrugged.

“I got the Full House tonight.” She said and the bartender smiled widely.

“Then this one’s on me.” The bartender said and handed her the usual drink. Chaerin smiled warmly and thank him, walking back to the DJ Booth. By the corner of her eye she saw a man standing close to the booth, dressed in black. She turned her head to look, but he wasn’t there. Chaerin squinted her eyes and shrugged, climbing onto the booth. The same man approached the booth again, and she squinted her eyes again as she put her glass down on the little table next to the turn tables. She tried to see who that was, but his face was covered behind large sunglasses and a hoodie over his head. She shrugged and looked at the turn tables, ignoring the man looking at her.

She started to spin the turn tables when another man, a colleague, walked up to her. She smiled at him as she the auto tune and took out her headphones. The man handed her a cup of Martini and a note.

“What’s this?” She asked and the man shrugged.

“One guy gave it to me and said to give it to you.” He said and left. Chaerin narrowed her eyes as she opened the note, discarding the drink.

Meet me at the V.I.P lounge in 5.

She squinted her eyes and looked around the crowd. There was no one there. She set another 10 songs with overlapping sounds and walked out of the booth and towards the lounges. She noticed the same man in black waiting there, his back facing her. She put her hair behind her ears and walked towards him.

“Excuse me?” She said softly. The man turned around slowly and smiled at her. Chaerin’s eyes widened in surprise as she saw him smiling at her, slowly taking out his sunglasses.

“Chaerin.” He said and she smiled wide, jumping over him, hugging him tightly.

“Kikwang! Oh my Kikwang! I’m so happy!” She said as she kissed his cheeks and forehead. He laughed and put her down, holding her face still.

“My little cousin, how much have you changed?” He said and Chaerin smiled. “Working and being independent. Uncle told me you moved out a few months ago.” Chaerin nodded as she led him towards the chair.

“I have, it’s been awful, but I believe everything will change now.” She said as she sat down. Kikwang smiled and nodded, taking out his jacket. “I have a question though, why so covered up?” Kikwang looked at her with serious eyes, then smiled.

“I was cold.” He said and Chaerin raised a brow. “Anyways, did uncle told you why I came?” Chaerin slowly shook her head.

“I didn’t even knew you were in town. Why did you came? I thought you were planning to get married and stuffs.” She said and Kikwang scoffed, crossing his leg.

“Please, me? Getting married? As if ever.” He said smiling. “No I had to come back.”

“Is everything alright?” She asked and Kikwang nodded.

“Just some stuffs that came up, Chaerin, I need to ask something of you.” He said, looking at her deep into her eyes.

“Yes, whatever that is.” She said and he looked at her hands, then held them between his.

“I want you to quit that YG Company. I want you to never go back to that place.” He said and Chaerin widened her eyes. “Don’t go back there, forget about that company.”

 


Gily's Notes: OMG I'M SO SORRY!!

I know I have been out and I AM SO SORRY!

I was having fun, enjoying life, (a bit drunk) and... well, I haven't had the inspiration to write. This chapter took FOREVER to get finished... I know what I want, yet I don't know how to put it in words!

I am so sorry! Also, I have my baby girl back! So it will become a bit more hard to keep on writting, a two year old toddler is CRAZEH! lol!

But I will continue to write every now and then, and hopefully, won't be so late and so blocked on my thoughts! I have to confess I have been EXHAUSTED lately, having slept only like... 10 hours in a week is hard... My puppy Tekila got sick, and I spent two days straight without sleeping, watching over her, then when she recovered, I went out... anyways, it was crazeh! Maybe that's why I haven't have the inspiration to write, I am tired...

 

But here it is!

Happy Reading ~

Gily ♥