Mistake

Twist Of Destiny

The night was cold, his hands were trembling slightly as he walked through the street. Youngbae was walking next to him, his hands deep on his pockets. Jiyong was scowling as he looked at a man walking out of a restaurant. He looked at Youngbae, who quickly looked at him and nodded. It was Yang Yoseob. They both walked towards Yoseob, slowly, like they were two normal guys walking around. Yoseob started to walk towards the street, his hands deep on his pockets. Jiyong narrowed his eyes as he noticed a few other men walking out of the restaurant.

“Who are they?” Youngbae murmured as he looked at a magazine post next to the restaurant. Jiyong turned to the street, looking at the cars.

“Bodyguards, they seem.” He murmured back. Youngbae nodded and looked at Jiyong.

“Go for Yoseob, I’ll get the bodyguards.” He murmured and Jiyong nodded, walking hastily towards Yoseob. He walked past the bodyguards, who kept looking at them. Jiyong looked at them and bowed his head as he walked closer to Yoseob.

“Hey!” He heard Youngbae saying. Everyone turned to look at Youngbae, who was pretending to be drunk. Jiyong shook his head slightly, but slowly, he positioned himself next to Yoseob, who was looking at Youngbae with narrowed eyes. Jiyong spared a look at Youngbae, who was fishing out something from his jacket. Jiyong smirked and looked at Yoseob’s hip, there was a gun in there, but it wasn’t loaded.

“Hey, put that down.” One of the bodyguards said. Jiyong looked up and saw Youngbae taking out his gun. The bodyguards quickly went over him, and he started running away, leaving Yoseob all alone. Yoseob shook his head and turned around, looking at Jiyong slightly, bowing his head, and walking towards a car. Jiyong smirked and took out his gun, his front teeth as he walked closer to Yoseob.

With a swift movement, he held Yoseob’s neck, his gun pointing at his head. “Hello little fish. Have you been swimming outside your little tank?” He murmured on Yoseob’s ear. He could feel the tension on his body as he moved his hand slowly towards his hip. Jiyong chuckled and put his finger on the trigger. “I wouldn’t do that if I were you.”

“Who the are you?” Yoseob said, letting his hand hang lose on his side.

“What an ironic question, considering I’m taking my effort in hiding myself from you.” He murmured. Yoseob nodded and chuckled.

“Indeed, so stupid of me.” Yoseob chuckled. Jiyong nodded and gestured him to get in the car.

“Get in, it will be a mess if I kill you out here.” He murmured and Yoseob nodded, slowly walking towards the car. Jiyong kept holding his neck while his gun laid firmly on his head.

Jiyong looked to the side, as he heard Youngbae running towards him, all sweaty and smiling. He smiled softly before looking back at Yoseob. He saw their reflection on the car window, and his eyes widened slightly as he saw Yoseob holding a piece of wood. Jiyong tried to move, but Yoseob hit him hard on his side, making him fall slightly on top of the car. Yoseob started running away, and Youngbae went to aid Jiyong.

“Hey, you alright?” Youngbae said, but Jiyong only grunted as he straightened himself.

“Go get him!” Jiyong screamed and Youngbae nodded, running after Yoseob. Jiyong shook his head as he took a deep breath and ran after Yoseob. They got into an alley behind a comics shop. The place had a few stalls of food, but not enough people were walking around. Yoseob stood and looked at them, there was no way out. He slowly turned around and Jiyong lifted his hand, the gun pointing directly at Yoseob’s forehead.

“I know who you are.” Yoseob said. Jiyong smirked and threw his hoodie back. Yoseob smiled at him as he moved arrogantly. “From the Dragon family, the youngest of them.”

“The Dragon family sends their regards.” Jiyong said. Yoseob smiled and extended his hands.

“I have so many memories of the Dragon Dynasty, how’s the old bastard doing? Is he dead already?” Yoseob said and Jiyong raised an eyebrow. Youngbae looked at him, and by the corner of his eyes, Jiyong could see he was silently warning him. Jiyong unlocked the gun and his lips. Yoseob smirked and lifted his head. “Do you have the balls to shoot, Young Dragon?”

Jiyong his lips as he looked at Yoseob. He always thought every victim would be his last, and that someday, he would stop this and simply keep on going with his life, but it was far from that, and he knew well that killing that fish could only bring more. He smiled and lifted his head arrogantly. “You bet I do.” He said and lifted his gun, pointing back to his forehead.

“Right in the center baby, how we love it.” Yoseob said. Jiyong narrowed his eyes and put the finger next to the trigger, like his father had taught him. Only one second was needed to end the work, to pull the trigger.

“Swallow your words, motherer.” Jiyong hissed and pulled the trigger. Yoseob moved, God knew how, and besides him, a man fell down. Yoseob looked back, then at Jiyong, smirked and ran away. Jiyong stayed there, looking at the man with wide eyes. It was his first innocent victim.

“!” He said as he threw his head back, then ran towards the man on the floor. He looked at him, dying slowly in front of his eyes. “ing !”

“How could you miss?!” Youngbae screamed as he bent down next to the man. He coughed one last time and his breathing stopped. Youngbae put a hand on his neck and shook his head. Jiyong shook his head too, looking at the bags next to the old man. It was filled with food, warm and looking fresh. Jiyong threw his head back again as he put his gun back into his pants.

“I’m distracted!” Jiyong screamed stressed and Youngbae scoffed, taking out the man’s wallet.

“Lee Kijin, who the was this man?” Youngbae said and Jiyong shook his head as he looked to the side, he could hear distant sounds of police sirens.

“Bae, it doesn’t matters, let’s get the out!” He said and Youngbae nodded, running away with Jiyong. They got into Jiyong’s car, and he quickly drove out. “And not a ing word about this.” Youngbae nodded as he looked at his bloody hands.

“We have to wash.”

“We have to go to the club, we can’t go into the company looking like this.” Jiyong said, his hands were shaking all over.

“Hyunseung will kill us if he finds out you killed an innocent man.”

“I know Youngbae! I ing know! But I still own my , why would I have to be afraid of my own employers?!”

“Because while your father’s still alive, you’re just another employer! And your father trusts that bastard more than you! Let’s go to my place, we can go to the club later.” Youngbae said and Jiyong let out a sigh, nodding.  

He eyes widened as he looked at her with such seriousness, it wasn’t like him, it wasn’t like Kikwang at all. She gulped down and looked at her hands, searching for the right words to say to her oldest cousin. “Kikwang, I can’t do that.” She simply said, knowing that will just infuriate him. He was the eldest and the closest thing she ever had to a brother.

“Chaerin, as your cousin, no, as your brother, I’m asking you nicely, don’t go back.” He said. Chaerin looked up and frowned.

“Why? Why wouldn’t I? Didn’t dad told you how important this was for me? I need this.” She said and Kikwang scoffed as he looked to the side, biting his inner cheeks.

“Why would you need that? Do you want to be a singer? A dancer? What is it that you want?!” He said, clearly getting exasperated. Chaerin raised an eyebrow and shook her head in disbelieve.

“Isn’t that what you also wanted? Didn’t you wanted to become famous? To sing? Why are you telling me to give up? Are you jealous or something?”

“Why would you need to be famous? Yes, I wanted it, when we were in high school and had no responsibilities.” He said.

“I need this.” She told him. Kikwang shook his head as he rested his back on his sofa.

“Things had changed Chaerin, and if you don’t give up on your own, I will make you give up. Just forget about it.”

“I won’t be living like this for the rest of my life! I won’t be a DJ and have a low payment! I will not!” She screamed as she stood up. He looked at her blankly.

“You well know you don’t even need to work. Uncle said you wouldn’t allow him to give you money, why? Why so eager to be independent?” He said. Chaerin took a deep breath and glared at him before storming out of the lounge.

She almost ran back to the DJ Booth, taking deep breaths as she tried to control her anger. Without looking anywhere, she grabbed the headphones and started to mix more music, venting her anger on her music, the only thing that had accompanied her through her whole life. Her hands trembled slightly, and she took deep breaths, she didn’t wanted to mess up the mixing, nor the music.

It could have been hours, minutes or even seconds, but she felt like she could fly, music had relaxed her, the cheering crowd made her smile and the beat made her move her body to it. She was calmed again, and not even her exhaustion could make her flinch, she was relaxed. As she looked at the crowed, she caught sight of Kikwang walking towards her. She felt that relaxation going away.

He was scowling his way up to the DJ Booth, and Chaerin her front teeth as she put the music in autoplay again, he was going to give her a hard time that night, she was certain of it. “Chaerin.” He said as he was stopped by one of the guards on the Booth. Chaerin took out her headphones and nodded at the guard. The guard nodded back and let Kikwang walk into the booth.

“What is it?” She hissed. Kikwang looked down, and it was just then she noticed his bloodshot eyes. “Are you drunk?” He quickly shook his head.

“We need to leave, something came up.” He said. His voice sounded strained. Chaerin crooked her head as she looked at him.

“I can’t leave, I’m working.” She said. Kikwang lifted his head, and she noticed a tear falling down his cheek. “Ki, what’s the matter? What’s wrong?” She asked, now feeling worried. He took a deep breath and walked towards her.

“Uncle Kijin…” He murmured. Chaerin felt her heart stopping at the mention of her father.

“What happened?” She asked, not sure if she wanted to hear more. Kikwang looked at her as more tears fell down his cheeks. She shook her head as she put a hand over as she held in a scream.

“He was found dead near his restaurant. Someone killed him.” Kikwang said as he burst out crying in front of her. Chaerin shook her head again, taking a few steps back until she hit the turn tables. Her breathing was caught short on as the word ‘killed’ kept going around her head, repeating itself like some ruined song.

“K-Killed?” She asked out of breath. Kikwang didn’t looked at her as he put a hand over his mouth and supported himself on the turn tables. Her father had been a dad to Kikwang, after his own father was killed when he was still a boy. In that moment, Chaerin had felt lost for the first time. But she could never know why Kikwang never cried, he always remained strong. She had never seen him crying for someone so hard like he was crying now.

Her mother always told them both how men were allowed to cry, but even then, Kikwang never cried. Chaerin always thought he didn’t felt the loss as much as she did because his father was never around him. They lived in Japan at that time, and her uncle Kihyun spent most of his time with her father. They never told her why he was always around, but she always thought it was because they were really close, her father and her uncle. After all, they had the twin excuse to always be together. But now, she understood why Kikwang never cried. Anger didn’t allowed him to cry, as now, it didn’t let her. She felt too depressed when they told her Kihyun had died, cried many nights, and even when Kikwang got into their house, she still cried. Now, he was the one crying, and she was the one angered.

“Does mother knows?” Chaerin asked. Kikwang shook his head as he cleaned his tears, taking deep breaths.

“I don’t even dare to tell her.” Kikwang said, completely broken. “She will be destroyed.”

“Kikwang, let’s go.” Chaerin said and grabbed her things. Kikwang stopped her, and she looked at him with serious eyes. He put a hand on her cheek and crooked his head, still holding her arm.

“It is ok to cry.” He muttered. Chaerin shook her head and shoved his hand away, walking towards her boss’ office, Kikwang following her. She reached the door and knocked on it furiously. Her boss, Hyunseung, opened the door, narrowing his eyes. As soon as he saw her and Kikwang, his face softened, then turned into a worried frown.

“Is everything alright?” He asked, looking from her to Kikwang. Chaerin looked around and then back at Hyunseung.

“I have to go early, something came up. I hope you will excuse me.” She said. Hyunseung looked at Kikwang, who was looking down, then at Chaerin.

“I guess you won’t need to explain. Go, tomorrow we talk.” Hyunseung said and Chaerin nodded as she bowed her head, walking out. Kikwang was walking close to her as she made way through the crowd, her heat beating fast as her veins burned in anger. An anger rising so furiously she felt she could burn down the whole town.

They reached Kikwang’s car, and he quickly started the engine as Chaerin sat in the passenger’s seat, still scowling as she balled her hands into fists. “Kikwang, whoever did it, I am going to kill them. I don’t care how much it takes me, I will bathe in their own blood.”

 


Gily's Notes: So here it is! Another update! YAY!!!

Will write quickly so I can continue working on chapter 5! Hope you enjoy this! 

Now I wonder, what will happen now? Hmmm...

 

P.S: This is little Tekila being naughty xD She bit the doctor, she was afraid of him haha!

Happy Reading ~

Gily ♥