Accident

Twist Of Destiny

The phone rang loud and constantly as the morning rose. The curtains were spread and the day was illuminating the room and everything inside of it. Jiyong stirred in bed as the sheets fell from his chest. He smiled as he felt the warmth of an arm around his waist. With one eye open, he looked down, only to see Chaerin soundly asleep on his chest, the sheets covering half her body, and his. He smiled again, caressing her face softly, moving her hair to the side to look at her face. For the very first time in his life, he woke up feeling happy, feeling complete. That night, he had poured feelings he was afraid to feel, yet he was starting to feel them.

Having her so close told him how happy and how blessed he was to have her there, hugging him tight as he woke up. He kissed the top of her head as he tried to move away from her, only to have her hugging him tighter, as if he was her pillow. “Don’t go.” She murmured. Jiyong smiled and looked at her again. She was now moving her face up, looking at him with a smile on her face.

“Good morning.” He said and caressed her face one more time. She smiled and lifted her face, looking around the room.

“What time is it?” She said, looking at the clear walls. Jiyong shrugged and looked at the clock on his nightstand and frowned.

“, it’s 10 am already.” He said in a groggy voice and she quickly sat up, the sheets falling from her body, revealing her . She quickly held the sheets and covered her body.

“It can’t be.” She said and jumped out of bed, taking the sheets with her, leaving Jiyong exposed on top of bed. He chuckled and quickly sat up, looking at her as she ran around the room. “Where is my phone?”

“I think it’s in the living room.” He said scratching his head. Chaerin stopped and looked at him, her cheeks turning bright red. She quickly looked to the side, avoiding looking at him.

“You are .” She said and he looked down, resting his body weight on his hands then looked at her.

“I know, you just stole my sheets.” He said and she blushed again, looking around the room.

“Where are my clothes?” She said again and Jiyong shrugged.

“They must be around, half here, probably the other half at the living room.” He said and she blushed again, throwing him a pair of pants she found on the floor. He chuckled and quickly put them on. “Why so shy? It’s not like we became blind last night.”

“Let us concentrate in finding our clothes.” She said and he laughed, handing her one of his shirts.

“Well, until you do, wear this.” He said and she quickly put it on. Since she was much shorter than him, his shirt served her as a dress, and she let out a sigh as she put the shirt on.

“Thank you.” She said and he shrugged.

“It’s ok.” He said and saw her lying next to the bed. He smiled and went over to grab them, but she was already running towards it, knocking him on bed as she grabbed them. “Chill Chae.”

“I am chilling, please give me a moment.” She said, moving her hair out of her face. He laughed and nodded, walking out of his room.

“You can take all the time you want, I’ll be at the kitchen, making breakfast.” He said and walked out.

Chaerin stayed looking at the door as she breathed, controlling her galloping heart. You slept with him, you spent the night with him, jeez! She quickly grabbed her pants and put them on, then fixed her hair up in a messy bun and walked out of the room. She took a deep breath as she walked into the living room. Her phone was lying on the floor, and she noticed the screen blinking. Chaerin quickly went over it and held it, her eyes widening as she saw the numerous missed calls and text messages. Half of them were from Kikwang, asking her where she was and what she was doing.

“Coffee?” Jiyong said as he handed her a big mug. Chaerin smiled as she held the mug, inhaling the sweet aroma of the coffee in it.

“Thanks.” She said and sat on his sofa. Jiyong smiled again and walked towards the kitchen, his own mug in hand.

“What would you like to eat?” He asked and she shook her head no.

“This coffee is fine.” She said and he frowned, setting his mug down.

“Are you feeling uncomfortable with me right now?” He asked and she shrugged. “Why?”

“You’re my boss.” She said in a low voice. She saw him scoffing as he grabbed his mug and walked towards her, sitting at her side.

“Kind of boss, Hyunsuk’s still the CEO.” He told her. She shrugged again and looked around his apartment. It was the first time she had ever been in such a luxurious place, aside from his apartment at the city, which was also high class.

“And you’re extremely rich, I’m dead poor Jiyong.” She tried to reason, but he just scoffed again and set his mug on the coffee table, then grabbed hers and put it on it, holding her hands between his.

“So? Is money a problem to you? I can give it.” He said, his eyes boring into hers. “Whatever you need, I can give.”

“No, I don’t want your money, I can work for it.” She said, trying to free her hands from his grip. “It’s just, weird…”

“Chaerin, don’t give me that, please.” He said, making her look down, guilt washing over her again. “I care for you, and what happened between us, that has been the most real thing that has ever happened to me, please don’t ruin it.”

“It was?” She said as she looked at him with worried eyes. He smiled and nodded.

“It was, I have never felt so… complete in my life, and even if we don’t really know each other, you make me feel like myself, and that’s something.”

“Right, we don’t know each other at all.” She said and he smiled.

“Then we can start knowing each other, but please don’t make me give up on you.”

“Jiyong, how can you give up on something that’s not happening?” Chaerin said, and Jiyong’s eyes suddenly turned blank, empty, hollow. He let go of her hands and looked down, smiling bitterly.

“Let’s get to know each other more, and then, we’ll talk if we start something.” He said and stood up, grabbing his mug and walking towards the kitchen. “I’m buying us breakfast, see you later.” She noticed he grabbed his keys and walked out, leaving her alone in his apartment. Chaerin let out a sigh and looked at her mug. Steam was still coming out of it as she held it in her hands, looking at the black coffee inside. Her heart ached as she felt the emptiness of the apartment, and once again, she noticed how much he filled that hole inside of her, and once again, the guilt was eating her alive.

The traffic was light as he sped through the city. His hand gripped the steering wheel as he bit his lip. Devastation was eating him as he neared his destination, anger rising as her voice rang in his mind over and over again. His phone rang again, and he looked to the side as he grabbed it, looking at the screen. It was Youngbae calling him. His eyes rolled as he slid his finger, answering the call.

“I hope it’s important.” He hissed as he answered. A honk made him jump, and when he looked to the front, his heart stopped as he stepped on the breaks hard. The car screeched as Jiyong tried to move the steering wheel, only making the car slip on the road, going around and around. His phone fell from his hand as he covered his face to the imminent crash. The car floated in the air as it hit another car, parked in the middle of the road. He felt how it turned in the air until it crashed again on the pavement. His body hit the steering wheel and his head hit the mirror, breaking it into a million pieces.

“Ji? Jiyong! What happened?” He heard Youngbae over the phone. His breathing was unsteady as he tried to reach the phone that was now lying on the pavement through the broken front mirror. His hand was covered in blood as he grabbed the phone, and his eyes rolled while he cursed, putting the phone close to his ear.

“Bae, come quickly. My guns are all scattered.” He managed to say.

“What the happened?! Where are you?!”

“An accident, I’m a few blocks away from the Kwon’s Building, come quickly before they find out and we have to clean yet another mess.” He whimpered.

“I’m on my way.” Youngbae said and ended the call. Jiyong let his phone fall from his hands. A soft scream escaped his lips as he tried to move, he was upside down and the only thing keeping him in place was his seatbelt. Jiyong reached towards the side, where a knife was lying on the floor and grabbed it, cutting the seatbelt. The moment it broke, he fell upside down on the floor, shattered glass cutting into his already bruised skin. He whimpered again as he reached towards his gun, putting it on his belt as he also hid the knife. His eyes darted around as he saw feet running towards his car.

“.” He muttered as he heard voices calling for him. “I am alright.” He managed to scream.

“Sir, we already called the ambulance, they are on their way. Don’t move.” A man called. Jiyong closed his eyes as he cursed again, trying to move out of the destroyed car.

“I said I was fine!” He screamed and crawled out of the car. He tried to stand up, only to notice his leg was badly injured as well. He fell down again, a piercing pain running up from his leg. He screamed as he felt his leg going numb, and as he looked up, a man stood by his side, trying to keep him from moving.

“I am here to help you, I am a paramedic. Now, can you tell me who you are?” the man said. Jiyong looked at him and smirked, spitting out blood while he panted. The man was dressed casually, so Jiyong thought he must be on his day off.

“I am fine.” Jiyong said and the man shook his head.

“You must forgive me sir, but I can clearly see an open wound on your head, also, your leg looks like it’s broken, you must stay still until the ambulance arrives.” The paramedic said. Jiyong scoffed and tried to stand up again. He looked up and saw Youngbae’s car arriving. He smiled as the man helped him up. Both Youngbae and Seungri ran out of the car towards him.

“You are late.” Jiyong said and Youngbae shrugged, moving to help him up. Jiyong looked at Seungri and gestured him the car, and Seungri nodded softly, taking his phone out as he move towards the car.

“You are a mess.” Youngbae said and looked at the paramedic. “Thank you, I got it from here.”

“I’m sorry but, who are you?” The paramedic said. Jiyong glared at him, but Youngbae just smiled at the man.

“I am his brother, and also a doctor. Thank you for your worry, he will be fine.”

“We have to take him to a hospital, he is badly injured.” The man said. Jiyong was about to cuss at him when Seungri stood beside them, holding a bag.

“We will take him, thank you.” Seungri said and put an arm around Jiyong’s waist, helping Youngbae. Jiyong spit out again, more blood coming out. The three of them bowed at the man and walked towards the car. Seungri helped Jiyong get in, setting the bag aside.

“Did you called my father?” Jiyong said and Seungri shook his head.

“No, but I called the company. They are coming to pick the car up any minute now.” Seungri explained as Youngbae started the engine. “What were you thinking?”

“I don’t even know.” Jiyong whimpered as he tried to get comfortable, but truth was, everything hurt. His body was sore all over, his leg pulsing in pain whenever he moved it. He finally let out a scream in pain, alerting Seungri, who was sitting beside him as Youngbae drove. “Take me back to my apartment!”

“We have to get to the hospital.” Youngbae said but Jiyong shook his head quickly, breathing hard.

“Chaerin’s a nurse, she’ll know what to do. My father can’t know about this!” Jiyong said. He notice that both Youngbae a Seungri exchange a quick look, then Youngbae got back to driving as Seungri put a jacket under Jiyong’s leg.

“Is she in your apartment, by any chance?” Youngbae said, and Jiyong bit his lower lip, slowly nodding.

“I’m sorry pal, she is.”

“Did you, by any chance, spent the night with her?” Seungri said, and Jiyong quickly nodded. He looked at Youngbae with guilt, and quickly put a hand over his shoulder.

“I am sorry, I couldn’t stop myself.” He said and Youngbae shrugged, now entering the gates of the building.

“I know you couldn’t, you never can.” He said as he parked the car, quickly killing the engine. Jiyong opened his mouth to say something else, but he quickly got out of the car. Seungri put a hand over Jiyong’s shoulder, making him flinch.

“You sure about this?” He said and Jiyong nodded quickly. Youngbae had already opened the door, and Jiyong looked at him as he extended his arms to help him.

With a lot of effort, Jiyong managed to get out of the car, panting as both Seungri and Youngbae helped him steady himself up. “Thanks guys.”

“You are our boss, so we are somewhat oblige to do it.” Seungri said and Jiyong chuckled.

“Just get me home, now.”

Her leg was moving constantly as she sat in the couch, her hands and legs crossed. Worry and impatience was taking the best of her as she continued to waggle her leg around. She continued to look at the sky as she kept thinking of the events that led her to where she was at that moment. She had long forgotten the hunger as she held her phone in her hands, waiting for Jiyong to call him, but nothing in almost two hours. Not even one text message.

She had bitten all her nails the moment she heard the front door opening. Standing up in a haste, she saw Youngbae and Seungri carrying a bloody Jiyong in. She gasped as she hurried towards them, her hands trembling. She was certain that was his blood, otherwise, they wouldn’t be carrying him inside. “What the hell happened?!” She said as she stood in front of them, holding Jiyong’s face in both her hands, examining him. Her air got caught in as she saw the open wound, still bleeding, in his head.

“He got into a car accident.” Youngbae said.

“I am fine.” Jiyong muttered in a weak, tired voice.

“And why bring him here?! He must be in a hospital!” She said and Seungri shrugged.

“He didn’t let us.” He said. Chaerin glared at him as she let go of Jiyong’s face, her hands getting bloody.

“And what is he? A mafia leader for you to do as he says?!” She said. Tension grew as Seungri exchange a look with Youngbae, then smiled at her awkwardly.

“I just don’t want to go to a hospital.” Jiyong spoke. “I am a celebrity, they will be asking questions and it’s not good for me now, I have a few concerts to make.”

“Don’t be stupid, this is serious.” She said and he smiled at her.

“Cure me then, nurse.” He said, still smiling as Youngbae sat him on a chair. The smile on his face faded as his leg touched the ground, and Chaerin noticed the injury in there.

“That leg is broken, I can’t do nothing to help you.” She said, signaling the leg. Jiyong looked down at his leg, his pant was torn, blood still oozing out.

“It’s not broken.” Jiyong said. Chaerin rolled her eyes and moved towards him, checking his leg. She moved the pant and quickly gasped, falling on her .

“What is it?!” Youngbae asked, moving towards her.

“His bone’s sticking out...” She said with a trembling voice. Her hands started to tremble as she continued to watch the white bone sticking out of his leg. Jiyong quickly looked down, his skin turning pale, and she could no longer tell if it was due to the blood loss or the impression.

“What?!” Youngbae said and also looked, and also turned white. “You’re going to the hospital. NOW!” He said and moved to get the keys.

“NO!” Jiyong screamed and quickly moved his hand to touch the bone, intending to move it inside of his skin. Chaerin shrieked and held his wrist, keeping him from touching it.

“Are you mad?! You can get an infection!” She screamed, but he just moved his wrist expertly, pushing her aside. Finally he touched the bone, only to scream in pain as he did so.

“I have to!” He screamed again, trying to push the bone inside. Chaerin shrieked again and looked at Youngbae in desperation. He was looking at Jiyong, his face pale.

“Do something!” She screamed. Youngbae shook his head, but Seungri moved next to Jiyong, and just in that moment, punched Jiyong’s face, so hard he fell unconscious on the floor. “What the hell?!”

“You asked to do something.” Seungri said as Chaerin moved to hold Jiyong’s body.

“I didn’t meant for you to hurt him!” She said, touching his face.

“He’s out now, we can take him to the hospital.” Youngbae said. Chaerin looked at him with wide eyes.

“You are all crazy!” She said, but Seungri was already holding Jiyong’s body.

“You have a better idea?” Seungri said as he finally lifted Jiyong’s body in his arms. Chaerin continued to look at them in disbelieve. Shaking her head no, she stood up in a haste and nodded at them.

“Let’s go.” 

 


Gily's Notes: Hello!

Sorry for the late update, here it is... drama drama drama... oh I'm so dramatic! xD lol!

Enjoy! Next chapter is in process, so wear a protective helmet!

Happy Reading ~

Gily ♥