Fear

Twist Of Destiny

His eyes were set on a wall full of trophies and medals. All signaling a time on his life where he was free and happy. His younger years, full of hopes, full of lies. He smirked as he saw one special item on his collection. A small, golden bullet with a dragon carved on it. With a proud heart, he looked at the bullet, remembering too well the feeling he got when his father gave it to him.

“From now on, you’re a member of the Dragons.” His father said as he put the bullet on his hand. He remembered he almost cried from happiness. For the first time, he thought he did something to finally impress his father. He was wrong.

After that moment, he was taught to kill, to be as silent as the night and as invisible as the wind. That bullet, that little piece of golden bullet had brought into him a life of darkness, never seeing a tunnel at the end of it. He smirked again as he stood up, walking towards his display. He took the bullet and looked at it, still feeling the excitement he felt the moment his father gave it to him.

“Make me proud, let me know you deserve this.” His father said. Jiyong shook his head as he put the bullet back in the display. For all his life, he had worked hard to get his father's admiration, only to be disappointed at the end of the day. His father would always prefer anyone else but him, and he hated it. He hated it with all his might. For his whole life, he only had his father to look up to, to follow. He had always wanted to be like his father, but that alone, made him afraid of him. His father was everything for him, his light, his guide, his breath. Jiyong never dared to go against his father's will, and whatever Kwon Younghwan asked for, Kwon Jiyong would give, even if it would cost him his own dreams.

But his father was also a kind person, he had given him much more than what Jiyong could have given back. Maybe that’s why he’s so eager to do his father’s willing. His father had agreed on him being a composer and a producer. His kindness went so extreme, his father had made a company for him to work. And he had worked on it, he had made it known, he had given it the glory it held now, only for that glory to be bestowed on someone else. It was Jiyong’s right to be the owner of the company, being him the one that worked the most for it to rise to the top, yet the benefit was given to someone else, but still, Jiyong didn’t complained.

Jiyong let out another sigh as he heard Chaerin’s screams on her room. He would’ve stormed in and help her, ask her what was wrong, but it was too much. He was getting too involved, and he couldn’t allow that. If he ever got involved with her, it would give her so much pain, so much trouble. He knew he had to be alone, he knew he couldn’t get emotionally involved with anyone, and being next to her, having her so close gave him feelings he couldn’t allow himself to feel. He slowly closed the display as Chaerin’s sob flooded his apartment.

Shaking his head no, he walked slowly towards his room, biting his lips until he reached her door. He still heard her sobs, slowly getting lower as she was probably falling asleep. He wanted to know so many things, why she was crying, why she was so depressed or why she was so empty. He wanted to know, to help her, but at the same time, he knew he couldn’t, he couldn’t help her as much as he couldn’t help himself.

With another sigh, he walked into his room, his heart feeling heavy as his head hung low. Happiness, joy, dreams, those were words that meant nothing in his world, the only words he knew were death, gloominess and sorrow. Dark feelings were the only thing he could allow himself to feel, hatred, anger and indifference. He had to be indifferent for her, he had to hate her, he had to feel angry at her. But he couldn’t.

The dreams were incoherent as she struggled to wake up. She dreamed of Heechul, of how he was murdered. In her dream, she managed to get towards him, pushing his murderer aside, only to see her father panting on the floor as he held his right hand to his chest, oozing out blood. Chaerin screamed as she threw herself on the floor next to her father. “I’m here now father, I’m here.” She muttered as she held him on her arms. He looked at her as he started to cough, and she freaked out, moving him slightly to the side.

He started to cough out blood, golden blood. She put a hand over his forehead and straightened him as he continued to puke out golden blood. “Father!” She screamed as she tried to lift him up, only to fail miserably. By the corner of her eye, she saw a dark figure walking towards her. Instinctively, she covered her father’s body with hers as she looked up at the man standing in front of them. It was a dragon, holding a golden gun on his hands. Chaerin shook her head as she cried over her father. The dragon smirked as he signaled her to look at her father. When she did, she saw that he was dead already.

Pain washed over her like waves, and she screamed at the top of her lungs as the dragon started to laugh hysterically. “I will find you! I will kill you!” She screamed as she slowly felt herself being dragged away.

Panting, she sat upright, sweating and trembling as tears fell from her eyes. “I will kill you.” She muttered as she cried, looking at herself on the mirror. Her hair was disheveled, her face still swollen and her eyes red. Her skin was glistening in sweat as her chest heaved up constantly. Chaerin shook her head as she stood up. All the dizziness and nauseas had disappeared. Her stomach grumbled in hunger, and she put a hand over it as she walked out of the room. Daylight illuminated everything, and she widened her eyes in shock. She was supposed to be at the studio with Jiyong.

Ruffling her hair, she hurried into the bathroom, only to stop at the middle of the hallway. In a table close to Jiyong’s room, there was a note with her name on top of it. Chaerin narrowed her eyes as she walked towards it, grabbing the letter. It was Jiyong’s handwriting, she could identify it now. She opened it hastily and smiled as she read it.

Chaerin, I will be at the studio the whole day. I decided to let you sleep, you looked pretty tired this morning. There’s breakfast on the fridge, all you have to do is warm it up and eat it. You can stay all you want in my apartment, I don’t mind. Take care.

Jiyong.

She let out a sigh and crumpled the letter on her hands, putting it close to her chest. The letter itself gave her confidence again, gave her comfort, as if he was giving her a shoulder to hold on to. She smiled bitterly as she walked into the bathroom, intending to wash away all her sorrows, her fears and her agony.

She walked out of the bathroom with just a towel covering her body. She looked at her dirty clothes and frowned. They were stained in blood and sweat, also, they had a peculiar aroma of her sweat, her perfume, blood and Jiyong’s perfume. She frowned and looked at her phone. She quickly dialed Jiyong’s number, hoping for him to answer quickly.

“Hello?” He answered distantly. Chaerin bit her lip and let out a sigh.

“Jiyong, it’s me, Chaerin.”

“I know, is everything ok?” He asked and she looked at her clothes again.

“Not really,” She said, slightly afraid to ask him for clothes.

“What happened?” He asked, his voice sounding worried. Chaerin let out a sigh and sat on bed, moving her feet around.

“I don’t have anything to wear.” She finally said. A silent was heard on the other line, then a slight chuckle.

“Right, I forgot. I didn’t left you any clothes, right?”

“No, you didn’t. And my own are so… dirty…” She said and Jiyong chuckled again.

“I’ll try to go home soon, to get you back to your house. If that’s alright?” He asked and Chaerin nodded.

“Please, that would be lovely.” She said and Jiyong chuckled again.

“Alright then, see you soon.”

“Thank you, and I’m sorry.”

“For what?”

“For bothering you, I’m sorry.” She said as she let out yet another sigh. Jiyong laughed softly on the other line, and Chaerin felt her heart stopping.

“Oh please, see you soon. Bye.” He said and ended the call. Chaerin continued to stare at the wall with eyes wide as his soft laughter kept repeating on her mind.

Chuckling to herself, she put on her dirty clothes and walked out of the room. She walked slowly towards the living room, afraid to stain anything on his apartment. Everything was spotless, she saw, from the wooden floor to the white walls. As she got into the living room, her eyes got caught in the curtains behind the sofa. The light was coming through what she thought were crystal walls. Curiosity always won over her reason, so she walked over it, moving the curtains to the side. She saw a small garden with a little iron table and two chairs. She found herself smiling as she opened the crystal door. A warm breeze entered the living room, making the curtains flow over the furniture.

She walked out, slowly, looking everything around her. It was like a small terrace, with a few flowers around. There was a gazebo with white curtains around it, and inside, there was a small, squared beige sofa that had a small fountain made with stones in the center. Chaerin looked at the place with open, it was spectacular, small, comfortable but impressive.

The time flew by as she looked at the scenery in front of her. Jiyong’s apartment was the penthouse of a building, a building that didn’t had many people living on it, or if it was full, people didn’t came out that much. She gazed at the city of Seoul, feeling warmth inside. From up there, she could imagine how little her problems seemed to be. Such a huge, spectacular city, where the lights made monuments of beauty all around it, and she, being so small in such a huge city, thinking that her problems where the only thing in the universe. There were probably more people in that city having worst problems to think about. Maybe there was people without a home, without food, and here she was, being blessed with everything, yet lacking so much.

Her mind continued to wander as she rested her head on her hand, too absorbed on her thoughts to realize Jiyong was walking towards her with a smile plastered on his face. It was only when he was close enough to her that she realized he was there. Jumping slightly, she looked at him with wide eyes. “I’m sorry.” She said and Jiyong narrowed his eyes.

“Sorry for what?” He asked and she bit her lip, looking around. She had loved that place so much she hadn’t found the strength to leave from it. She shrugged at his question, and he shook his head, again, chuckling in that low, soft laughter that gave her a slight heart attack. How did he do it? “Are you ready?”

“Ready?” She asked with a raised eyebrow and he shook his head smiling as he pointed at her.

“To go and change, of course. Or you want to go to work looking like that?” Jiyong said and Chaerin blushed, suddenly too conscious of her deteriorated state. “Also, I want to recommend some heavy makeup, that bruise’s turning purple.” He pointed at her face, looking sad. Chaerin nodded and walked towards the door.

“Let’s go then.” She said and Jiyong smiled, nodding. Jiyong followed her to the living room, locking the door to the terrace.

“I actually have not been there for quite a long time.” He murmured as he hid the door behind the curtains. Chaerin narrowed her eyes as he turned around, smiling at her. “It was good.”

“Why?” She asked and Jiyong pouted slightly, then shrugged.

“I haven’t had the time to.” He said, then frowned. “Actually, I haven’t been here in quite a while. I think I miss my apartment.”

“You’re weird.” Chaerin said and grabbed her purse. Jiyong chuckled and walked towards the front door, holding his keys. She kept looking at him as he put his shoes on. For a moment, he took her breath away. She looked at the way his muscles tensed while he tried to put his shoes without bending. She found herself gapping at him, and suddenly, shook her head, trying to move those thoughts aside. “Calm down…” She muttered as she put a hand over her chest, trying to control her galloping heart.

Jiyong looked at her with narrow eyes as he straightened himself. “You’re going to stand there the whole day? Come on.” He said and opened the door. Chaerin gulped and nodded, walking hastily towards her shoes. She put them one in a haste and walked beside him to the elevator. He looked at her and shook his head while chuckling, and Chaerin felt her heart running out of her chest as she saw his gums showing on his smile. “I honestly can’t wait for you to change, watching you like that is giving me the creeps.”

“I was attacked, what do you want me to do?” She said while smiling, but noticed he had stopped smiling as he looked down. She bit her lip and extended her hand to touch him, only to put it back down as he let out a sigh and straightened himself.

“It’s good that you can joke like that.” He muttered. Chaerin shrugged and looked to the front, biting her lip as she remembered the eyes of the attacker. She had feared him, his intensity, his tenacity, but what she had feared the most was her own shaking hand as she tried to attack him, how much she doubted of herself. She knew she had to take revenge, her soul and her blood claim for it, but she had feared those eyes, she had feared the intensity in them, the strength and the danger. “Let’s go.” He said as he walked out. Chaerin bit her lip again and nodded, walking after him.

Walking after a man that, for the first time in a long time, had made her doubt of her own strength. He had saved her, she knew, but she feared the way he had. How did he knew where she was? Or how did he knew how to save her or when? She feared that, feared the little skip of a beat her heart did whenever he smiled, the way he moved. Fear was all she could think of, and for all of that, she feared herself.

 


Gily's Notes: Didn't you liked the previous chapter? 

I hope you'll like this one... I'm a little scared because of the lack of coments on the previous chapter. For those who comented, thank you! I love comments! I love feedback! It makes me see the things in different aspects so I can perfection each and everyone of them!

I did tried to write this one in my state of darkness (lol) so... here is some bits on Ji's side... 

What do you think about it? Nice eh? lol!

Happy Reading ~

Gily ♥