Dreams

Twist Of Destiny

The house was silent and dark. His feet were even more silent as he walked through the hallway until he reached the living room. His heart throbbed fast as he waited and waited, until there was no noise other than the T.V, which now, was slowly dying as Youngbae lowered the volume. “I think she’s asleep.” He murmured without taking his eyes off the T.V. Jiyong let out a sigh and nodded as he limply walked next to Youngbae.

“Thank you.” Jiyong muttered as he sat next to Youngbae. He rested his back on the sofa and let out another breath, closing his eyes as his heart slowly calmed down.

“Remind me why I did it?” Youngbae said as he too rested his back on the sofa. Jiyong shrugged and turned to look at him.

“Because you’re my best friend and you’ll do anything for me.”

“No, that’s not what I meant. Why lie to her?” Youngbae pressed it. Jiyong shrugged and closed his eyes again, straightening his head. He wasn’t even sure why he did it, but something deep within him told him to do so. He couldn’t let her see him so soon, couldn’t face her yet. She needed rest, and he too needed time to think.

“This is so hard.” Jiyong muttered. Youngbae scoffed and nodded.

“This is sick.” He said. Jiyong nodded and opened his eyes, now staring at the T.V without really paying any attention to it. The images on the T.V displayed a woman laughing and a man sitting next to her, smiling as she laughed. His face showed the face of a man that saw everything in her laughter, in her happiness. That made him feel emptier. He wanted nothing more than to make her laugh like that, that her laughter would be the only thing that kept him going.

“I won’t kill her.” Jiyong said. “I don’t care what my father told me to do, I won’t do it.”

“Then what are you going to do?” Youngbae said at his side. Jiyong took a deep breath and shrugged. He had imagined himself in the woods, accompanied by her so many times it felt as if it was a memory they shared, yet he knew, it hadn’t happened.

“Runaway?” Jiyong said. Youngbae chuckled at his side.

“And do what? You don’t have anything. Your father literally owns everything you own. Without him, without the Kwon and the Dragon Dynasty you’re nothing.” Youngbae reasoned. Jiyong nodded, deep in thought as he continued thinking about Chaerin’s laughter. He had never seen her laugh like that. She was so broken she couldn’t laugh, and now, he felt guilty for it. Of course she was broken, her father had been murdered not long ago, and even worst, Jiyong had attacked her a few weeks before. She had suffered so much he had no idea, but now, everything was plastered in front of him like a horror movie, playing over and over until it drove him mad.

“You’re right, I’m a Dragon.” Jiyong said, now looking at the hallway, at his room’s door. “I’m part of the Dragon Dynasty and I get to negotiate, right?”

“Yes, by the law, you do. But, your father’s still the leader of the Dragons, so I doubt you might be put in consideration.”

“But he doesn’t control the Elders, they can hear me out and think. I have to think about something.” Jiyong said desperately. He had to protect her, no matter what happened to him, she needed to be safe.

“Jiyong, what if the order of the elimination of the Heirs comes from the Elders? What then?” Youngbae said and Jiyong chuckled.

“Then I’ll change my name and turn into the traitor of the Dragons.” Jiyong said and stood up, walking hastily towards his room. With a trembling hand, he touched the doorknob and slowly opened it, peeking inside in complete silence, hoping not to disturb her.

Inside, there she was, sleeping on his bed with only a towel covering his body. Her face was lightened with the dim lights of the city, the only space of the crystal walls that was uncovered was now reflecting in her face, almost beaming. He gulped as he saw her peaceful expression breathing softly as she swam in the waters of dreamland. Jiyong walked in, closing the door softly after him. As soon as he heard the click, he got closer to her, looking at her thin figure in the middle of his king size bed. It seemed like a mirage, something taken from a magazine or a movie. It couldn’t be real.

Her dark hair was damp, her skin glistened as a few drops of water still lingered around her skin. Her postured seemed tensed, even if she looked at peace, she looked tensed. “Where you waiting for me?” He murmured as he got closer, resting his body on his bed. His eyes shut closed as his leg grazed the sheets, hurting his injury, yet, he didn’t moved so he wouldn’t wake her.

As soon as the pain was gone, he looked at her, memorizing every detail that made her special, unique. She was a complex human, full of secrets and shadows, pains and sorrows. Her small frame guarded so many feelings he wondered how she coped with it. Even now, he could feel the pain he had brought to her, and he couldn’t help but feel miserable. Who was he to deserve such a complex person? She was too broken, too frail, and if she knew what he did to her, he knew she would fall apart. Everything that held her together would break by his own hand, by his own doing. A tear escape his eye as he thought about it, and as much as he wanted to forget, it was there. He had broken her, he was the one who broke her into pieces.

But he couldn’t get away, something about her was keeping him close, like a string moving him. It wasn’t Earth that kept him there, it was her. Gravity no longer held him to the ground, it was her. And as much as he thought about it, the more it hurt. But he didn’t knew, he didn’t wanted to do it. In his mind, that man was innocent. Even if the man was from a rival company, he was innocent. She was innocent, the most innocent of them all. She was oblivious to everything he was, until now. And if she knew what he knew, her innocence would shatter, and that was all he loved about her. The frail innocence that surrounded her, the aura of oblivion, and the image of purity was what he wanted to protect.

She was beautiful to him because she was frail, because she was pure. All his life, people were cruel and corrupted, even the people he thought would be the purest came out to be the dirtier. His mother was an example of that. But now, he could imagine why she did all she did. She was trapped, just like him in that world. Both trapped without a way out. No matter what they did, they would always go back to his father’s grasp. His mother tried it by being unfaithful, and he tried it the same way, so many times, yet no matter what he did, he would always come back. Once he arranged a secret escapade with his ex-girlfriend, telling her all things to do once they escaped the country. And she followed him, without question, she did, yet it wasn’t enough. Their adventure ended in something horrible, and in the end, she would disappear from his life forever and he would be back under his father’s wing.

Now reality hit him hard, and the thought of Chaerin being forever gone from his life was something he couldn’t bear. With his ex, he managed, but now, everything was different. He loved Chaerin with all his body, his mind and soul. He loved her to the core of his truest self. Loved her so much it hurt to be apart, hurt to see her walk in while remaining in the shadows, watching from a distance as she argued with his best friend. Hurt so much it hurt her, and that alone, was enough to make him lose faith in things he had believed his whole life.

Now, looking at her, his life seemed so small, so miserable. She was the beginning of something good, of something he could picture. It was frail, but it was something he could hold on to, even if, in the end, one of them would end up losing everything.

His eyes widened as she stirred, moving softly to the side, now facing him. He didn’t moved as she got comfortable, one arm hugging him as if he was a pillow. He let out a breath, and she opened her eyes, lifting her face as she realized he was there. A huge smile was plastered on her face, and his heart skipped a beat. It was beautiful, something he had wished to see since he met her, and now, it was in front of him, shining brightly, even in the dark. “You came back.” She muttered. His heart constricted, but he nodded, smiling back at her.

“I’m back.” He said. She smiled and hugged him tighter. Jiyong put an arm around her and held her close, hugging her with caution. She held tight, though he didn’t, he was afraid he would hurt her again, now more than ever.

“Is everything alright?” Chaerin asked with her face pressed on his chest. Jiyong nodded as he kissed the top of her head.

“Everything’s perfect.” He muttered. She pulled back, looking at him with worried eyes.

“The leg? How’s the leg?” She said, and tried to move down to check, but he held her, stopping her from doing so.

“It’s great, it doesn’t hurts at all,” He lied, truth was, the pain was agonizing and the throbbing was driving him mad. “I heal fast.”

“I’m glad to hear it.” She said and he nodded, holding her face in both his hands. He looked at her face, bare and bright, too innocent to be real. Without the fierceness of the make-up, she seemed like a much younger girl, and he, a predator ready to make her his.

“I love you.” He said and she nodded, caressing his hand. Before she could talk, he pulled her closer, kissing her lips softly. “And I love the way that towel looks on you.” He muttered on her lips. Chaerin chuckled on his lips as she put her hands on his neck.

“I didn’t know where you put my clothes.” She said and he smirked.

“I don’t have any clothes of you.” He whispered. Chaerin laughed, and his heart stopped. It was the first time he heard that laughter, so pure, so real. He froze, his eyes widened as he looked at her laughing softly in front of him, so close it was almost impossible to see, but he saw. “You’re laughing?” She nodded.

“You’re sometimes funny.” She said and he smiled unconsciously.

“I am?” He said and she nodded, now caressing his cheek.

“At least with me you are.” She said. Jiyong nodded, smiling now that he was touching her, feeling her.

“Only with you, ok?” He said and she nodded.

“I wouldn’t want it any other way.” She said and he smiled wider, putting his hands on her waist and pushing her softly, until she was lying on bed and he was on top of her. He kissed her nose, her forehead, her eyes and cheeks until he reached her lips. The lips that he longed those days, lips that tasted both sweet and sour, delightful to his own. He felt her body trembling as his hands roamed through her body, sending a divine sensation through his. He wanted her, he needed her, but now, he couldn’t have her. Not feeling as guilty as he was feeling.

He caressed her face and rolled to the side, letting out all the breath in his lungs as he did. Chaerin quickly moved to look at him, her face showing concern and confusion. “Ji, what’s wrong?” She asked as she put a hand over his chest. He smiled and put his own hand over hers, caressing her fingers.

“Nothing, I’m just tired.” He lied. Truth was he felt like a puppy running freely in a park, with the energy of a little boy, ready to bounce around without stopping. He wanted everything the night could offer, but the guilt inside of him didn’t allowed him to even properly look at her. At the hollow and sad eyes she always had, that even if she was smiling, he could still see the darkness and depression on them.

“Really?” She said and he nodded, smiling as he pulled her to a hug. Her face crashed into his chest, and she hugged him tighter. His ribs hurt, and when she made pressure on them, he felt as if he would pass out, yet, he only held tighter onto her. To resist the pain or feel her close, he wasn’t sure.

“Really.” He assured her. She let out a sigh and tried to move, but he held her in place, wanting to forget everything that had happened. Trying to imagine the moment with the two of them, alone in the world without any problems. “Are you staying here tonight?” Jiyong murmured. Chaerin nodded quickly.

“I’ll stay.” She said, and Jiyong nodded, smiling in contentment as he held her between his arms. This was an odd way of making love to her, he was loving her with all his heart as he kept her on top of him, breathing her scent and feeling her warmth. This was more than enough for him, even if he didn’t deserved it, he was happy.

The place was dark, everything was impossible to see as she continued walking through what she thought, was a house. The constant hammering on the walls was making her heart race, and an imminent drop of sweat fell from her face as she heard the hammering getting closer. Her instincts ran faster than her reasoning, and her legs involuntarily started running through a hallway as she heard the hammering so close.

Gasping, Chaerin stopped abruptly as she saw a silhouette in front of her. The way the body was shaped brought peace to her beating heart, quickly recognizing him as the savior of her life. “Jiyong.” She gasped as she started getting closer to him. He didn’t moved. She moved faster to reach him, only to hear the hammering again, this time, so loud it made her heart pound faster inside her rising chest. “Can’t you hear that?!” She said as she covered her ears.

She looked up as she felt herself falling on her knees. Jiyong was slowly turning around, his clothes were stained with blood, scarlet blood dripping from his hands as he faced her. A face filled with blood and a hand holding a gun. The hammering stopped, and she realized it was gunshots she was hearing. Jiyong looked at her, his eyes were completely blank, almost inhuman as he lifted the gun, pointing at her. “Jiyong!” She said and he smirked, so evilly it made her shiver in pure, agonizing fear. He was going to kill her, that was her end.

“Chaerin!” She heard a scream, and when she turned around, her eyes widened in horror as she saw her father, extending hand towards her. His face was burnt and his forehead was still oozing out blood as he continued to gesture her towards him. “Move!” She gasp and tried to move, but Jiyong held her leg, still looking at her with the same empty eyes and evil smirk.

“Come, love. It is time.” He murmured as he continued to creep towards her. She shook her head and extended her hand towards her father, almost unable to reach him.

“Faster!” Her father screamed as she tried with all her might to hold his hand. Jiyong was dragging her further away as she continue to fight against him. She kicked once, twice and thrice until she finally felt Jiyong losing his grasp on her leg. She stretched as much as she could until she touched her father’s fingertips. An electric current ran through her the moment their hands touched, and she felt the urge to cry, to mourn and sulk as his father continued to look at her with worry. “Don’t let go!”

“I won’t.” She murmured as Jiyong continued to pull her. Her father held tightly to her hand, and she closed her eyes, completely torn in two as both of them continued to pull. “I can’t hold any longer.” She murmured, and her hand slipped from his father. He screamed her name as she fell herself being dragged into darkness. Her heart pounded faster and faster, until she sat up, gasping as she held her chest.

At her side, Jiyong sat up too, gun in hand as he looked around, then at her. His face was white as he looked at her, his eyes looked crazy, his chest heaving up fast as his eyes looked empty. She continued to pant as tears fell from her eyes, just looking at him. He soothed his face as he looked at her crying, and he put the gun back under his pillow and quickly held her, hugging her tight against his chest. She continued to cry against his chest as he held her tighter, without saying a word. His hands caressed her back up and down as she continued to tremble on his grasp.

“What’s wrong?” He said, his voice so low and so soothing she thought she was hearing a melody coming straight from his heart. She bit her lip and shook her head, burying her face deeper on his chest. Her arms s his waist, hugging him tight as she continued to feel the emptiness inside of her. Nothing could ever be compared to the weight she fell inside her chest the moment her hand slipped her father’s. She couldn’t describe what happened or why it happened, but it felt so real, so strong she couldn’t quite grasp reality just yet.

“I let him go.” She murmured the words she feared. She had allowed him to go, she had been responsible for him to die. If he didn’t worried about her health, if she took better care of herself, he wouldn’t be out buying her food. If she made a better effort in finding a better job, he wouldn’t have to be taking care of her.

“Who?” Jiyong spoke softly. She sobbed and shook her head, dreading to tell him the truth. But now, it wasn’t that important. She had been sharing a bed with him, what else mattered that moment? “Chaerin, you can tell me.” He said in such a sincere voice, she felt guilty for not trusting him enough to tell him her nightmares, her terrors, her heavy burden.

“My father.” She said softly. The words slipped her lips, but she didn’t regret it. The only thing she regretted was feeling Jiyong’s body tensing, then relaxing as he started to caress her again.

“Is he alright?” Jiyong asked, and Chaerin shook her head again, holding him tighter.

“He’s dead.” She said, her voice almost choking in her tears as she saw her father’s image vividly in her mind. “Someone took him away from me.” She wanted to say so much more. Say how much she hated that person for killing her father, how much she loathed the fact that there were people who killed others mercilessly, but she couldn’t, since Jiyong himself was all she loathed the more, yet, she couldn’t hate him too.

“I’m so sorry,” He said and she nodded. He pushed her slightly away, looking into her eyes as she continued to bit her lip. “I’m so sorry you lost your father. I’m sorry someone like me killed him.”

“I don’t think that person is anything like you. My father was a good man, he didn’t deserved to die.” She told him. “You, on the other hand, told me you only do it to people who really deserve it. You’re not like that person.” He nodded and looked down, and she noticed, he was biting his lip too.

“We can’t be evil Chaerin. I always try to do the right thing, but we often get lost in our path. We sometimes make mistakes we can’t escape from.” He said. Chaerin nodded, her hands still on his waist as he held her shoulders, keeping her a bit away from him.

“I know you’re not like that. You’re good, I know you are good.” She said. She could see a glistening on his eyes, but he lowered his face, nodding.

“Thank you.” He muttered, then let go of her, quickly standing from bed. Chaerin continued to look at him as he went over the bathroom. Without any other word, he went inside, locking the door after him. Chaerin continued to look at the door. Something was going on with him, but she couldn’t point a finger on it. If she hid so many things from him, he could be hiding the same, too, she thought. Letting out a sigh, she held the sheets and covered her body as she laid her body back to her side. It was still dark outside, the curtains were opened and she could see the purple sky above her, wishing she could sleep again without any worry, only sleep until her fears and pains vanished.

Jiyong looked at himself on the mirror, tears falling from his eyes as he remembered her sobs. He had caused her pain, terrible pain. And the worst, he had showed himself completely to her, had showed her the madness and the evil inside of him, yet, she thought he was a good man. But he was far from being one, and she would never see him the same way again once she finds out it was him the evil man who put an end to her father’s life.

With a hand over his mouth, he suppressed a sob as he held onto the sink. His body trembled as he imagined her face, showing pure hatred as she looked at him with an accusing finger pointing at his heart. He wouldn’t be able to cope with that, he wouldn’t be able to live knowing she, of all people, she hated him. I would rather die.

 


Gily's Notes: Oh my! Who else got IN LOVE with GDYB's new song?! I can't stop listening it over and over again!

So gansta!

And this.. a bit Skydragon for you, also, more to mourn for! lol! The pain, the feels... aaahhh!!

Happy Reading ~ 

Gily ♥