Letter

Twist Of Destiny

Her hair flowed freely as she stepped out of the car. Her building looking old but comfortable, the people walking in and out as she looked at it. Jiyong walked out and stood next to her, watching the building with narrow eyes.

“You don’t need to come in with me.” Chaerin said. Jiyong his front teeth and looked around the place, his eyes still narrowed and stern.

“I’ll go.” He muttered. Chaerin looked at him furrowed eyebrows, he was being too blunt. He looked at her back, his eyes intense and fierce, his gaze so strong it made her gulp and slowly nod in agreement. Something about him was how much he made her feel completely vulnerable with his presence.

“Ok then, come. But I will be fast.” She said and he shrugged, still looking at her with the same intensity. Chaerin let out a sigh and nodded to herself, walking towards the main lobby. She had been defeated in the most bizarre way. Jiyong followed her suit as she entered the elevator, looking everywhere with the same intense eyes. The way his muscles moved under his skin made her shudder, something about him that day spoke of danger, of anger, of caution. Suddenly too aware of her peculiar smell, Chaerin embraced herself as the elevator reached her floor, cursing a thousand times at her dirty clothes. She looked at Jiyong shyly and shrugged when the doors opened, but he wasn’t paying any attention at her.

“This is it.” She said as she stepped out, looking at him with expectant eyes, but all she got back was a simple nod with intense eyes. She stood there as Jiyong walked out, looking both ways before turning towards her.

“It’s cozy.” He said and she chuckled, walking towards her door. She tried to avoid looking back at Jiyong, who was walking after her in a slow, dangerous pace. With trembling hands, Chaerin took out her keys and swallowed a mouthful of saliva. Jiyong was staring at her.

She finally opened the door and gestured him to walk in. He smiled and nodded, taking off his shoes. Chaerin entered and locked the door as she took out her own shoes. “This is my home.” She said as she put her keys on a little table next to the door. Jiyong put his hands on his pockets as he looked around, nodding slightly. She looked around too, suddenly aware of her cleaning habits. She liked everything spotless, like him, but she never spent too much time at her apartment, so she didn’t had time to tidy up. “It’s a bit of a mess because I’m usually never here.”

“It’s cool.” He said as he walked in. Chaerin scratched her arm and showed him her sofa.

“You can take a sit while I change.” She said and Jiyong smiled, shaking his head no.

“It’s ok.” He said. Chaerin bit her lip and nodded. She kept looking at Jiyong as he took a look around her apartment. In other circumstances, she would have told him off, but he let her stay at his apartment, it would be rude for her to tell him not to look while she checked out his whole apartment.

“There are some sodas in the fridge, make yourself at home.” She said and he nodded, looking at a picture hanging on her wall. A picture of her and her mother, almost ten years before. She smiled and walked into her room, locking the door. In a haste, she took out her dirty clothes and went over her drawers, grabbing a set of clean underwear. She put them on and grabbed a black leathered pant that was hanging on her perch and put it on. She looked around, trying to find a descent shirt. Her eyes set on a black, transparent blouse on her vanity. She quickly went over it and smelled it, it was clean. Without second thoughts she put it on. As she was done buttoning it up, she realized her black bra was extremely visible under the transparent fabric. Cursing out, she quickly ed it and grabbed a short, black tank top and put it on, then finally, the black blouse.

As she grabbed her stilettos, she stumbled over her vanity, and her heart sank when she heard a glass breaking. She slowly turned around, only to see the only portrait of her and her parents lying on the floor, with its glass broken in a million pieces. “.” She hissed as she bent down to grab the picture. She was in such a hurry, her hand grazed the shard of crystal, cutting it. She hissed again as she held the picture with her bleeding hand. “What the is wrong with me?!”

“Chaerin?” She heard a few knocks on her door. She looked up with her eyes wide as she panted. “Are you ok in there?” Jiyong asked. She looked at her hand and let out a sigh, trying to control herself.

“I’m alright.” She said and stood up, holding the picture in her hand. She let out another sigh and walked out of the room, slightly hiding her bleeding hand with the picture behind her. “I’m almost done.” She said and smiled at him as she closed the door. Without her noticing, they were both standing too close to each other. Jiyong was looking down at her with narrow, deep eyes staring into hers. Her air got caught in as the intensity of his eyes made her shrink on her spot.

“There’s no hurry.” He muttered. Chaerin gulped and nodded, slowly moving to the side, still looking at him.

“O-Ok…” She muttered as she finally manage to get out of his stare and hurried into her bathroom. Her bloody hand still held onto the picture as her heart beated fast inside of her chest. Closing her eyes, she rested her back on the door, letting out deep breaths as she tried to control her galloping heart.

It must’ve been the mixture of mints, cigarettes and perfume, it must have been the deep brown eyes, or the perfect eyebrows. It could have been the wild hair or the stylish clothes, or the milky skin, almost shining in cleanliness. She wasn’t sure, she couldn’t be sure anymore. His face was etched on her mind, sparkling among her dark memories. Maybe she had become independent, and watching him helping her that slight bit gave her hopes, she was in need of new hopes. Living on vengeance could only make her hate herself more.

With a deep and reassuring breath, she walked towards her sink and opened the faucet, soaking her bleeding hand wet. As she did, she put the picture on the mirror, looking at it distantly. Long time memories slowly fading from her soul with every decision made. What would become of her in five or ten years? Could she be able to laugh again?

He kept looking at the closed door in front of him, letting out his air as he traced his fingers through his hair. Without lifting his head, he looked at the bathroom door and let out a sigh before straightening himself. “What are you doing?” He muttered as he shook his head and walked into her living room. Small, cozy place, he thought. As he sat on the sofa, he noticed a small letter on the coffee table with Chaerin’s name on top. He furrowed his eyebrows as he tried to reach it, only to jump on his spot when he heard a door opening on the hallway. He quickly straightened himself as he looked at the hallway, where Chaerin walked out, looking completely clean and elegant.

Jiyong gulped down as he saw her abdomen slightly showing under the transparent fabric of her black blouse. She smiled at him as she grabbed a purse on the coffee table. “I’m ready.” Chaerin she said. Jiyong nodded and smiled, standing up as she looked down at the table. Her face turned into a frown as she grabbed the little letter with her name on top of it. He noticed her lack of emotion as she slowly opened the letter, still frowning as she se the purse down on the table.

Jiyong continue to watch her as she read the note, silently biting her lip as he face had a strange change of emotions. He was never good at reading people’s expressions, but he could identify anger or pain by watching them. She was feeling both, by what he could see.

The anger was evident as she crumpled the letter on her hands and turned to look away, avoiding him. He bit his lip as he took a deep breath, trying to look normal, cool. “Are we leaving?” He asked and she nodded, still not looking at her. Jiyong took out his keys and walked towards the door, passing by her. He looked at her and noticed her eyes glistening as she tried to put a strong expression. He shook his head slightly as he saw her fighting against the evident tears that were forming on the rim of her eyes.

“Yes, let’s go.” She said, her voice suddenly too serious. Jiyong nodded and grabbed his shoes while she put on her own.

“Are you alright?” He said as he saw her putting her shoes in a hurry. She quickly nodded her head as she looked down. He continued to look at her as she cleaned the tears, still with her face low, pretending to be putting her shoes. Truth was, she already had them on.

“Never better.” She said and straightened up. She was biting her inner cheeks as she walked out of the apartment. Jiyong followed her, looking at her thoroughly. She locked the door as he stepped out, her hands trembling as she continued to hold onto the crumpled letter. He looked at her for a brief moment before walking towards the elevator. Pushing the buttons, he looked back at her as she walked towards him. She was distant, her eyes fixed on the elevator’s button. Jiyong slightly smiled at her, but she didn’t looked at him, didn’t noticed him there.

The elevator’s doors opened, the loud ring still echoing on his mind as he saw Chaerin walking out, still not giving him any other look rather than the cold stare she had since she read the note. He took a deep breath as he straightened himself, walking out of the elevator as only he would do, not giving a care in the world.

His mind wandered as he drove back to the YG building. Fortunately, Chaerin’s flat wasn’t that far from the company, but the traffic made the road longer than it should. He continued tapping his fingers to the steering wheel as he frowned, looking forwards. Since he got out of her flat, he had thought what that letter had written inside. For long minutes, as they were stuck in the traffic, he had tried to imagine what could be in it that made her look so distant. But the more he thought, the more he realize he didn’t knew her at all. She was a complete stranger in his life, and that was a careless move from his part.

In the distance, he noticed a strange movement of cars. People getting out hastily from a black car, not too far from his. He bit his lip as he looked at the glove compartment, where his gun was, then looked back to the front, narrowing his eyes as he saw a man dressed in black approaching his car. He cursed on his mind as he gripped on the steering wheel. He took a quick glance at Chaerin, who was frowning as she looked at the man approaching them. Her face look alert, dangerous and serious as she bit her lip, straightening on her seat. Jiyong almost smiled as he saw her, only to frown when, by the corner of his eye, saw the man carrying a gun.

Jiyong noticed people running around scared as the man walked around, the gun was too big to go unnoticed by the people around. He bit his lip as he took out his phone, unlocking it whole still looking to the front. When he heard the soft noise of the unlocked screen, he looked down, quickly sending a quick text message to Youngbae. The man finally came closer to Jiyong’s car, smirking as he tapped the gun on Jiyong’s window. He hissed slowly as he looked to the side, only to see Chaerin glaring at the man with the gun.

“Open up!” The man screamed. Jiyong smirked as he looked at the man, feeling slightly please at Chaerin’s reaction. “ing open up!” Jiyong rolled his eyes and glared at the man as he put the phone back in his pocket. Without any pressure or haste, he rolled down his windows.

“May I help you?” Jiyong said and the man chuckled.

“I want this car.” The man said and Jiyong scoffed.

“Then work hard.” He said and started to roll the window up. The man put the gun inside, blocking the window, and Jiyong glared at him.

“Get out.”

“That’s a second strike, hit my car one more than and you’ll lose.” Jiyong said, still glaring at the man. The man laughed and hit the window one more time. Jiyong felt his rage increasing as he saw the slight scratch on his window, on his expensive window. Without thinking, he opened the door hastily, hitting the man and knocking him down. He walked out of the car and stood next to the man, who was standing up in a haste, trying to grab his gun.

“You bastard!” The man grunted as he continued to drag himself towards his gun.

Jiyong smirked and bent down slightly, grabbing the man’s hair and lifting him up. The man tried to punch him, but Jiyong simply hit his head with the pavement with strength. He heard a bone breaking, and smiled as he straightened the man’s head. His smile grew wider as he saw the blood streaming down his face, he had broken his nose. “I can’t hear you, did you say something?” He said as he still held the man’s hair. The man flinched and tried to get out of Jiyong’s grip, but he only held him tighter.

“Bastard!” The man screamed. Jiyong smiled and hit his face one more time against the pavement. The man screamed in pain as Jiyong lifted his head again.

“I beg your pardon? I really can’t understand what you’re saying.” Jiyong said and the man grunted. Jiyong faked concern, but then, hit his face again. The man whimpered as he spit out blood and a few teeth. “So you were saying how you were going to off, right?” The man nodded and Jiyong let go of his hair. The man looked at him trembling as Jiyong dusted his hands.

“You’re damn crazy!” The man said as he stood up, not even caring about his gun. Jiyong glared at him and made a movement to hit him, but the man ran out of his grasp. Jiyong chuckled as he grabbed the gun on the ground. It wasn’t loaded, but the feeling of having it on his hands made him complete, made him feel like himself again. He chuckled again as he moved towards his car, only to see Chaerin looking at him with a blank expression. He stopped chuckling as he got into the car.

“He was trying to rob me.” Jiyong said with a shrug as he threw the gun in the backseat. Chaerin continued to look at him with the same blank expression as he started the engine.

“That was…”

“Weird?” Jiyong said quickly as he drove out of the place. Chaerin quickly shook her head and looked to the front, fidgeting with her fingers.

“Interesting.” She finally said. Jiyong frowned as he continue to drive. “Jiyong.” She said again and he looked at her slightly. She was looking at his hands, her eyes focused.

“What’s the matter?” He said as he turned to look at his hands, only to see blood all over his right hand.

“There’s blood on your hand.” She pointed out. He quickly put the hand down, trying to hide it with his jacket.

“Yes.” He said, determined not to keep pushing the topic.

“Do you need something to clean that up?” She said as she grabbed her purse. Jiyong quickly shook his head and smiled at her.

“I’ll do it when we get to the building. We’re almost there.” He said. He saw her nodding as she put the purse down. He continued to look at her as she looked outside of the window. “Chaerin, I’m taking you to dinner tonight.” She looked at him with wide eyes as he smiled at her.

“Dinner? Why?”

“I don’t know, I feel like it.” He said with a shrug. Chaerin looked down as she put a strand of hair behind her ear. She then looked back at him and nodded slightly.

“Ok.” She said and Jiyong smirked.

“Then it’s a date.”

 


Gily's Notes: Sorry!

Sorry for the MEGAEXTREMELYLATE Update! But... ah... 

I'm honestly quite bored already of everything... I don't know... It has been so hard to actually sit down and write... so so hard...

I will try and work on next chapter, but for some reason, I can't put into words my ideas... and they are so many!

Gambate!

Hwaiting!

TU PUEDES!

MANICATO! DACA MANICATO OH!

You can do it!

Happy Reading ~

Gily ♥