Real

Twist Of Destiny

“So you’re telling me you want her on your production team? Jiyong…” Hyunsuk said as he looked at them. Jiyong smiled and nodded. “Are you sure?”

“If I tell you something, it means I am sure.” Jiyong said and Hyunsuk let out a sigh.

“Ok then, I will trust you. I want her curriculum on my desk by morning.” Hyunsuk said, then looked at Jiyong seriously. Jiyong nodded seriously and looked at Chaerin. He knew what Hyunsuk meant by curriculum, now everyone was a suspect, everyone could be part of the Lees, and even more, one that had the same last name.

“I’ll bring it tonight.” Chaerin said and Hyunsuk smiled at her. Jiyong continued to look at Hyunsuk as he stood up and walked towards Chaerin.

“For now, welcome to the team.” Hyunsuk said and Chaerin smiled widely. Jiyong gulped down as he looked at her, again, feeling caught in a maze of unknown feelings.

“Well, we’ll be leaving now.” Jiyong said. Chaerin looked at him and nodded. They both walked out of the office. Deep in thought, Jiyong looked at her and held her arm. She looked at him with narrow eyes and he let go.

“Is everything ok?” She asked and he shrugged. He didn’t even know why he stopped her, he just did.

“Before work, should we eat something?” He said. “I skipped breakfast and I’m starving.” She smiled and nodded. Would you stop smiling, !

“Sure, I’m dead hungry.” She said and he smirked.

“No you’re not.” He muttered as they both walked towards the elevator.

They both walked into the cafeteria in silence. Chaerin had felt her phone vibrating furiously on her pant, but she continued to ignore it. Jiyong walked in and greeted everyone, and she couldn’t help but feel out of place. It was something, having him so close, talking to her so sweet, without cursing or screaming his lungs out.

He walked towards the bar and ordered their food. He didn’t even asked her what she would want, he just ordered. She let out a sigh and went towards an empty table on the cafeteria. It was really crowded, so the only tables available where the ones with only two chairs. Chaerin put her elbows on the table and rested her head on her palms, letting out a sigh. “Just what are you doing…” She muttered to herself.

“Hello there.” She heard the voice of a woman talking. Chaerin quickly looked up, only to see a petite, dark haired woman smiling at her. “Are you alone? Can I sit here?” She quickly said. Chaerin straightened up and looked around the place, searching for Jiyong.

“I… I’m with someone, but…”

“Dara!” Jiyong said as he came back with a tray on his hands. The lady jumped up and turned around, only to smile widely as she saw Jiyong.

“Jiyong!” She said and Jiyong set the tray in front of Chaerin.

“How have you been? It’s been so long!” He said as he hugged her. She hugged him back and smiled nodding.

“Indeed, I’m back!” She said jumping. Chaerin tried to smile, but all it came out was a hypocrite smile. She was too hyper for her taste.

“That’s good, drag a chair and sit with us.”

“You guys are together?” Dara said looking from Chaerin to Jiyong. Both of them shook their heads as they lifted their hands, denying everything.

“No, no.” They both said in unison. Dara raised an eyebrow and nodded with a smirk.

“Right…” She said and Jiyong smiled, shaking his head as he gave Chaerin her plate of food.

“We’re just friends, and now, she will work with me in the production team.” Jiyong said. Dara smiled and nodded.

“It’s ok, you need some real friends anyways.”

“I have real friends.”

“I mean friends, not brothers.” Dara said and turned around. “Anyways, I will be eating with Bommie, see you later.” Chaerin saw how she left, jumping slightly.

“She’s too hyper…” Chaerin muttered as she grabbed her chopsticks. Jiyong chuckled and nodded.

“She’s extremely hyper…” Jiyong agreed. Chaerin chuckled and ate a piece of meat. She moaned at the taste.

“This is amazing.” She said as she chewed the piece of meat. Jiyong smiled and nodded, covering his full mouth with his hand.

“This meat is the best!” He said and Chaerin nodded while chewing more meat. She swallowed it and stopped to stare at Jiyong. Something within her clicked as she saw him smiling while eating peacefully. It was something about how he looked, so relaxed, so comfortable, something about the way he spoke, or the way he moved that made her stop and stare. She looked down at her hands and smiled bitterly as she realized one thing, she was feeling too comfortable with him too. “Speaking of best, when are you going to quit at the Elliu?” Jiyong muttered and Chaerin widened her eyes as she suddenly remembered she hadn’t talked to Hyunseung about her new plans.

“I guess I need to talk soon.” She said and Jiyong nodded. “It is too sudden…”

“What is too sudden?” Jiyong asked and Chaerin shrugged.

“This.” She said and Jiyong broke out into laughter.

“Oh come on, you’re working, not dating.” He said and she let out a sigh and nodded. He grabbed his glass of water and drank it, and she noticed, he was looking at her. “Are you?” She looked up and raised an eyebrow in confusion.

“I’m what?”

“Dating… are you?”

“As in seeing someone?” She said and Jiyong narrowed his eyes.

“You’re dating.” He said and she quickly shook her head.

“No, I’m not. It’s just…” She stopped and looked at her food again. “Why are you asking me that?”

“I was curious.”

“Are you always that blunt?”

“When I’m curious… yes.” He said and she nodded, blushing slightly.

“Are you?” She asked in a shy tone. He set the glass down and looked at her with raised eyebrows.

“I’m what?” He answered and she shook her head quickly, taking another piece of meat. “You want to know if I’m dating.” He snickered and she shook her head arrogantly. She could feel the warmth on her cheeks already.

“Honestly, no.” She simply said and he laughed.

“I wasn’t going to tell you, anyways.”

“Hey, but you asked first!” She whined and he laughed harder.

“You are curious.”

“No!”

“Just admit it, you are curious.” He said as he smirked at her. She narrowed her eyes and grabbed her phone, faking interest in something else.

“I don’t care if you’re dating or not.” She said and drank some of her water.

“Good.” He said and cleaned his mouth. He was finished. She looked at him with a blank expression as he threw his dirty napkin on his plate. “Because I’m not.”

“You’re not?” She asked and he shook his head.

“I don’t have time to date.” He said. Chaerin narrowed her eyes, but then shrugged. She saw him smiling past her, and she narrowed her eyes again, slowly turning around. She saw two girls giggling and smiling while waving at him. She nodded in understanding as she turned to face him again. He was still smiling while lying back on his chair.

“I see.” She said. He narrowed his eyes at her while his front teeth.

“You see what?”

“You don’t have time to date.” She said. He nodded, and just then, the girls walked past him, greeting him. He smiled and waved at them, all too sensually, biting his lower lip and winking at them. She chuckled as she finished eating her food. “I’m done. It was good Kwon Jiyong.” She said and stood up, grabbing her plate. Jiyong looked at her with narrow eyes as she grabbed her things.

“You’re leaving?” He asked and she nodded.

“I have to quit, remember?” She said. Jiyong nodded and smiled at her, touching her wrist.

“Leave it, I’ll take care of it.” He said and she shook her head, slightly shoving his hand away.

“I can do it. I’ll see you tomorrow.” She said and he shook his head while widening his eyes.

“No you can’t. You have to come back today. We have to work on those lyrics.”

“Can’t it wait until tomorrow?” She said as she put her purse on her shoulder. Jiyong shook his head no.

“I wish, but it can’t.”

“Ok then, I’ll try to come back. See you.” She said and walked away, with plate in hand as she shook her head no. He was a ladies man, she had no doubt on it.

Jiyong watched her as she left, moving sensually through the crowd of people. He shook his head as he stood up, grabbing his plate with his left hand as he took out his phone, searching for Daesung’s phone number. As he walked towards the trashcan, someone stopped him. He looked up, only to see Kush smirking at him. “I saw you.”

“You saw me what?” Jiyong said and Kush smirked again.

“With her, I saw you.”

“Oh please.” Jiyong said and threw the trash, then walked over to the counter to leave the plate in there. Kush was following him.

“Don’t ‘oh please’ me, I saw you and you can’t deny it.” Kush pushed it. Jiyong rolled his eyes as he gave his card to Mary. She smiled at him as she quickly charged him.

“Deny what?” Jiyong said and Kush smirked again.

“You like her.” He said and Jiyong rolled his eyes again, but this time, he looked at him.

“I don’t.” Jiyong said and Kush crossed his arms.

“Right, yeah right.”

“I don’t.” Jiyong said again as Mary handed him back his credit card.

“Jiyong, as one of your best friends after Youngbae, I’m telling you. You like her.” Kush said as he put a hand over his chest. Jiyong chuckled and started to walk away, but Kush stopped him again. “If not, say it to my face.” Jiyong looked at him, into his eyes, and for some weird reason, he started laughing. It was either the way he was looking at him, having his eyes flustered and blinking rapidly, or just the absurdity of his statement. “You see! I was right!”

“It’s your stupid face the one that’s making me laugh Byeonghoon.” Jiyong said and Kush smiled mischievously.

“But she’s hot. You know, nice legs, nice skin.”

“Stop it.” Jiyong glared at him. Kush laughed and shrugged, extending his arms.

“I’ll be at the studio.” He said as he backed away. Jiyong shook his head and started to laugh, when his phone rang. He looked at it with narrow eyes before answering.

“G-Dragon here.” He answered sternly.

“Tonight, there will be a package waiting for you at the dorm.” A man said. Jiyong rolled his eyes and nodded.

“Thanks.” He said and hung up. He rolled his eyes as he started to walk back to the studio, all his happiness and cheeriness long gone. He walked into the studio, his phone clutched on his hand as he glared at everyone in there. All the people stayed silent as he grabbed his things. No one dared to muster a single word, as it has always been. No one dared to joke with him when he was like that, and he liked it. He saw Daesung looking at him in an understanding glare. Jiyong grabbed his backpack and searched on it. Kush and Daesung continued to do their things as Jiyong took out a gun and checked if it was loaded. It was, so he hid it on his belt and walked away, backpack in hand. That night, he had to work. That night, he left Jiyong to become the Young Dragon of the Kwon Dynasty. That night, the real Kwon Jiyong was out.