Data

Twist Of Destiny

Jiyong walked into the studio, looking at the lyrics scattered on the floor. He let out a sigh as he threw himself on the sofa, feeling exhausted. He had made a whole day schedule with Chaerin, hoping, somehow, that she would improve and easily sing the album. He had never been so wrong in his whole life.

He laid down on the sofa, breathing softly as his eyes slowly closed, he was dead tired, his body was exhausted, his mind too. He couldn’t think straight, and all he could remember was that man’s face, stained with blood by his own hand. Yes, he had killed many people, but he had never killed an innocent person, he bowed against it.

As he was drifting in and out of consciousness, he heard his phone ringing. He scowled as he saw it lying on the floor, vibrating. Without moving too much, he grabbed it and put it on his right ear, not even holding it.

“Hello?” He said, not paying attention at the caller I.D.

“Jiyong, I found something interesting.” Daesung spoke. Jiyong groaned and slowly sat up, rubbing his eyes.

“What?” Jiyong said.

“Are you alone? Did Miss Lee left?” Daesung said and Jiyong hissed.

“Yes, she did. I’m at the studio.”

“I’ll be right over.” Daesung said and ended the call. Jiyong nodded and threw himself back on the sofa, closing his eyes.

Not even 5 minutes later, Daesung stormed into the studio, laptop in hand. Jiyong groaned again and sat up, and Daesung quickly sat next to him. Not long after, Youngbae entered, then Seungri. “I’m sorry I woke you up.” Daesung said and opened the laptop. Jiyong rubbed his eyes and blinked several times before looking at the screen.

In there, he saw a picture of the man he killed. “Is that the man?” Jiyong said and Daesung nodded.

“Normal data, he’s just the owner of small but awesome restaurant in Seoul.” Daesung said. “That restaurant where you killed him.” Jiyong frowned at that.

“Normal data, as in he has something else?” Jiyong said and Seungri smirked.

“Go on Dae.” Seungri said and Daesung nodded. He typed something, and another screen popped.

“Secret information, he’s one of the Technological research at, you won’t believe it.” Daesung said.

“ Dae! Go on!” Jiyong said and Daesung laughed.

“SM, youngest brother of Lee Soo Man.” Daesung said and Jiyong widened his eyes.

“What?!” He said as he straightened up, putting a hand over his mouth.

“There’s more,” Daesung continued, “With his death, Sooman’s the only remaining, known heir to the Lees Empire.”

“You know what this means right?” Seungri said and Jiyong shook his head in shock.

“This will break all our ties, break that damned treaty.” Jiyong muttered and all of them fell silent.

“Again, the Lees against the Kwons, just because of one missed shot.” Youngbae went on.

“No, we have to clean up faster, if it’s the Lees family, then they will find everything out in less than 24 hours.” Jiyong said, his hand slightly trembling. "Not to mention, father is going to kill me." He continued. “Didn’t he had any children?” Jiyong asked and Daesung shrugged.

“There is no information, only that he was a twin, and that twin was killed many years ago. Neither of them have any data on marriage or children.” Daesung explained. Jiyong nodded as he put a hand under his chin.

“I know Sooman has a boy.” Jiyong said and Daesung nodded.

“But his name is nowhere to be found. He kept him a secret.” Daesung said as he typed on his laptop.

“I would do the same.” Jiyong muttered.

“But if there is the presence of children, then we have to be extra careful, they could be anyone.” Seungri said.

“You could be one.” Daesung said and Seungri scowled.

“My Lees are related to the Kwons, it’s a different Lee.” Seungri answered. Jiyong smirked and looked down at his hands, suddenly feeling a bit uncomfortable as he recalled the events.

“Ji, what gun did you used?” Seunghyun asked and Jiyong widened his eyes. He hit his forehead with his palm as he remembered.

“My gun.”

“Oh .” Seungri said. Jiyong nodded and looked at Daesung.

“Go to forensics and change that damned bullet.” He said and Daesung nodded. “Seungri, you go with him, get me back my bullet.”

Chaerin walked through the streets, trying to cool off her anger with the cold wind. Without realizing it, she was walking through the street of her father’s restaurant. It was closed and a few people were waiting outside, looking through the windows. Chaerin approached them, not even thinking about it, when she eavesdropped their conversation.

“Do you think they will open today? I love their breakfasts.” One girl said.

“I don’t know, I heard the owner was killed last night.” The other said.

“Really? Oh my, what kind of era we’re living in?” She said as she got out of the window.

“It is sad, I wonder if they’ll close now.”

“I hope not, it’s so sad.” One of the girls said. Chaerin found herself balling her hands into fist as she heard them talking. She felt the urge of breaking their mouths right there and then, and she took deep breaths as she walked away from that place.

She wasn’t sure how that sudden change had affected her, but feeling angry all the time wasn’t her top priority. She was angry, angry at the world, angry at the people that killed her father, anger at her father for buying her food and not going straight home. Angry, just angry.

Her phone rang in her purse, and she frowned as she took it out. Kikwang’s name flashed on the screen. She clutched the phone tight on her hands and ignored the call. She called for a cab, her mind blank without any coherent thought. A white cab pulled to a stop, and she hurried inside, looking out at the restaurant. “Where to ma’am?” The driver said and Chaerin took a deep breath, not sure where to go.

“YG building.” She said and the man nodded, driving off.

She wanted to fight someone, wanted to vent her anger on someone who didn’t knew her, who didn’t knew her suffering or her problems. Who was better for that than Kwon Jiyong? A man full of hatred, but more than that, a man who didn’t cared about anything? She smirked as dark thoughts clouded her mind.

The man pulled to a stop in front of the YG Building, and Chaerin paid him before getting out. She took deep breaths as she walked into the building. The receptionist wasn’t there, and Chaerin smirked as she walked towards the stairs. The elevator was too fast, and she wanted to take her time as she thought of many ways to insult him, to make him feel miserably, only because she was feeling miserably.

She finally reached the 3th floor, where the studio was, the door was closed, and she smirked quietly as she put her hand on the doorknob and slowly opened it.

“But once we find it, what are we going to do?” She heard someone saying.

“We continue the protocol.” Jiyong said. Chaerin narrowed her eyes and remained still as she eavesdropped their conversation.

“Daesung, you have reached the surveillance cameras, am I right?” A low, strong voice said. She narrowed her eyes as she continued to hear, she had heard those voices before.

“Right now I’m deleting the files. Fortunately, there were only two cameras filming that night.” Someone, who she thought was Daesung, said.

“Great, now after you’re done with that, you should-” Jiyong stopped talking. Chaerin felt her heart stopping as she saw a silhouette approaching the door, and she stood straight, faking that she was about to knock when he opened the door harshly. She looked at him with innocent, wide eyes as he glared at her. “What are you doing here?” He hissed. Chaerin gulped as she looked down, trying to find words to tell. Have she heard something she shouldn’t?

“I-I…” She stuttered, then straightened up and looked at him with fierce eyes. “I came back.”

“I can see that,” Jiyong hissed, “why?”

“I thought about everything, and I think it’s stupid to waste my opportunities for someone like you.” She said and Jiyong smirked.

“You were eavesdropping.” He said. Chaerin raised an eyebrow and looked at him faking confusion.

“I beg your pardon?” She said and he smirked wider as he opened the door. All the people inside where looking at her. Big Bang, she remember, they were all in the studio.

“It is a perfect timing, whatsoever.” Jiyong said and gestured her to walk in. Everyone continued to look at her as she walked in. For a moment, she felt uncomfortable, they weren’t looking as nice as before, they looked hostile, anger at her intrusion.

“You were saying?” Youngbae said as he stopped glaring at Chaerin to look at Jiyong.

“I said you guys should stay here and record. Fortunately, Chaerin has come back, and we can record her parts first.” Jiyong said. Chaerin saw how Daesung slowly closed the laptop and put it aside.

“Does she even knows how to sing?” Seungri said, his tone harsh. Jiyong coughed a little as he grabbed a paper on the floor.

“Oh yes, she knows. She’s quite good, so be nice.” Jiyong said, and his tone confused her. He should be mad, should be yelling at her, but instead, he was acting like he was sure who she was and what she could give. Chaerin was out of words at his sudden change of behavior. She had expected something completely different, something worse than this.

“Perfect then, let’s get started.” Seungri said.

The time flew by as they recorded. Seungri looked at Jiyong as he spoke to Chaerin, on how she should reach a higher note for the song they were recording. Chaerin nodded, but her fierceness never left her eyes. Seungri watched her as she rolled her eyes at Jiyong, and he couldn’t help to snicker as he elbowed Youngbae.

“What?” Youngbae murmured.

“What person has ever rolled their eyes at Jiyong?” Seungri murmured and Youngbae shrugged.

“I thought he hated her.” Daesung joined the murmurs. Seungri shrugged as he looked at Daesung.

“I thought the same.” Seungri said.

“Being polite is not the same as not hating her. Jiyong’s just trying to cool himself down.” Youngbae said.

“He gets weird when he’s exhausted.” Seungri shuddered. Jiyong looked at them and narrowed his eyes as Chaerin entered the recording booth.

“What are you old hags gossiping about? You have work to do.” Jiyong hissed as he sat on the chair. He was playing it cool.

“Should we go now?” Seungri said as he looked at Daesung. Chaerin was looking at them through the crystals. Before Jiyong spoke to her, he glared at them.

“Get the out before I get mad.” He hissed and smiled at Chaerin, pressing the button. “Remember what I told you, get me that high note and you can leave.”

“Whatever.” Chaerin answered. Seungri rolled his eyes and stood up, followed by Daesung.

“We will call you when we’re done.” Daesung said and Jiyong dismissed them with a hand.

“Youngbae,” Jiyong said and Seungri stopped. “I thought of something, you go with Seungri, Daesung, stay with me. Search me the Lees offspring now.” Seungri nodded and Youngbae stood up, walking out with Seungri.

Chaerin noticed the two leaving, and she quickly frowned. There was something going on between them, she could sense it. She felt it the moment she stepped in the studio, the way they looked at her. She felt it when they avoided her and when they shared quick glances whenever she was inside the booth. She wasn’t sure what it was, but she was certain of one thing, she will find out. 

 


Gily's Notes: Oh.... OOOHHHHHH

Anywyas, gotta go write chapter 8! BYEBYE!

Happy Reading ~

Gily ♥