No Sense

Twist Of Destiny

“The Lee Heirs… I think I have an idea.” Seungri spoke as he gave Daesung a stack of papers. Daesung narrowed his eyes as he eyed the papers.

“An idea?” Daesung muttered. Seungri nodded as he plopped down on the sofa. Daesung sat next to him, holding one paper on his hand as he set the stack on the table.

“I hope I’m wrong, but it’s too much of a coincidence.” Seungri said as he grabbed the paper on top of the stack.

“How many profiles from the stack?” Daesung asked as he read another paper.

“Just three, two males, one female.” Seungri answered as he handed Daesung the three profiles he was holding. “Those are just employees and related people. My research had narrowed to these three.”

“Based on what?”

“Birth certificates, hometown, and relationship with the Lees.” Seungri said as Daesung looked at the three profiles on his lap.

“This can’t be.” Daesung muttered. Seungri shrugged and held the profile of the female.

“Lee Chaerin, only daughter of Lee Kijin. Same man Jiyong killed.” Seungri said as he looked at Chaerin’s picture. “Researcher of bioweapons in the Lee’s Industries, biologist and expert in all kinds of technology. I don’t think I’m wrong.”

“What does it says about her?” Daesung asked and Seungri shrugged.

“There’s not much about her, 23 years old, graduated from college in Health major, never had any job related to it. Mostly night clubs and fashion stores.”

“And now, Lyricist at YG Company.” Daesung said and Seungri nodded. “And what about them?” He signaled the other two males on the profiles he was holding.

“Lee Taemin, only son to Lee Sooman, he’s a special agent, usually working undercover. And Lee Kikwang, only son to Lee Kihyun, Kijin’s twin brother, also a biologist, only he was specialized in physics and also, bioweapons.” Seungri said. Daesung shook his head as he looked at the papers in front of him.

“You found them, you found the heirs to the Lees Dynasty.” Daesung said and Seungri nodded, not looking too amused by the news.

“But, what are we going to do about Jiyong?” Seungri asked and Daesung shook his head as he shrugged.

“Let’s not tell until we have further evidence. Maybe we are wrong and these are fake profiles.” He said and Seungri nodded.

“Then we keep on investigating.”

“Yes, we continue.”

“So tell me,” Jiyong spoke as he drank from his juice. “How are you liking the new job?”

“It’s been only two days, ask me that in about a month.” She said with a chuckle as she cleaned . Jiyong smiled and nodded, setting down his now empty glass.

“I will, remind me of asking.” He snickered. Chaerin nodded quickly and drank the remaining of her juice. She finished it in a haste and set the glass down, nodding as she cleaned the edges of .

“I will try to remember.” She said and he smiled. “Jiyong, I need to leave early, so, can we go and search for the missing lyrics?” Jiyong looked at her blankly and nodded.

“About that, Hyunsuk had them, he forgot he took them, so when I asked him for the third time, he decided to check on his desk, only to find them all spread on it.” He explained. Chaerin narrowed her eyes and nodded, holding her bag in her hands.

“Oh, that’s nice.” She said and let out a sigh. “So I guess I can leave, right?” She said and Jiyong shook his head quickly.

“With that man stalking you? It’s dangerous.” He quickly said, and she nodded, remembering the crazy events that morning.

“Right, I should call a cab or something.”

“I will take you. Are you going to your house?” Jiyong said as he stood up, holding his keys in his hands. Chaerin quickly shook her head as she stood up, gesturing him to stop.

“There’s no need Jiyong, I can call a cab.” She said and he narrowed his eyes at her.

“The probability of you getting kidnapped are high, and they increase on a cab. I’m taking you.” He said firmly. She gulped and finally nodded, slightly afraid to discuss anything further. Since the night before, she had been thinking about him covered in blood, looking as fierce and scary as she had never seen him before. It all vanished in an instant when he saw her inside the studio, and realized she saw the blood all over him. That moment will be marked in history as the day she caught him off guard, earning a sincere confused and shocked look from his composed face.

“If it’s no bother…” She muttered as he took out his wallet.

“Of course not, and I was going somewhere today, so I’ll just take that opportunity.” He said as he took out money and turned to give it to Mary. She smiled at him and he turned again towards Chaerin, smiling. “Shall we go?” he asked and Chaerin nodded, slightly bowing her head.

“Yes.” She said and he let her out of the cafeteria.

Through the lobby, he noticed people looking at him with aware expression, everyone was on high alert that day. He tried to play it cool by smiling every now and then at Chaerin, who was the only person in the place oblivious to its true nature. He put a hand behind her as he opened the crystal doors that led to the parking lot. As he looked back, he saw Seungri walking nervously towards the elevators. Jiyong narrowed his eyes as he looked at him look at them, slightly uncomfortable on his own stance.

Jiyong nodded at him, in a gesture of asking if everything was alright, only to receive another nod from Seungri, telling him everything was indeed alright. He narrowed his eyes again as Seungri walked into the elevator in a haste. “Jiyong?” Chaerin called him, and he looked at her with a smile. “Are you alright?”

“Yes, I am.” He said as he walked out, he had been standing too long on the doorway for her not to notice. “Let’s go.”

His hand on the steering wheel continuously made pressure on it, his muscles tensing at every turn he took. She looked at him from time to time, taking deep breaths, controlling her need to talk nonsense. In her mind, images of the night before, of his skin stained with blood, dark blood, drying onto him slowly with the passing time. Gulping down, she looked out of the window, only to realize they had already arrived. “Here you go.” He said, trying to sound cheerful. She looked at him and nodded slowly, smiling shyly as she held her purse.

“Thank you.” She said and opened the door to get out. Jiyong let out a sigh and went over her, closing the door before she got out. “What?”

“Wait.”  He said and straightened up, tracing his hands through his hair. “Don’t get out yet.”

“Is everything alright?” She asked, not really feeling the least curious about his behavior. Something about the way he moved told her to stay out of his business.

“Yes…” He said, then looked at her. “No.”

“The lyrics?” She asked and he bit his lips, then shook his head. She continued to look at him as he looked down. She felt something on her hand, something warm that lasted less than a second. Chaerin looked down, only to see his hand retreating to his lap.

“Is nothing, I’m sorry. You should go now.” He said and put his hand on the steering wheel. Chaerin nodded with a raised eyebrow and opened the door to walk out. As she did, she heard the other door opening. Looking back, she saw him getting out, looking all around before walking next to her. She gulped as she widened her eyes. “I think I should you until you reach your apartment.”

“I will be fine Jiyong.” She said and he shrugged.

“Let a man have his pride.” He said and she shook her head chuckling.

“Only to the elevator.” She said and he frowned. “Alright, until my door, but that’s it.” She said and he nodded smiling.

“To the door it is.”

They reached her floor quickly, and as she took out her keys, her door slammed open, alarming Jiyong. He quickly pushed her behind him as he put a hand near his belt. She gulped and put a hand over his shoulders, moving him aside as Kikwang stared at them. “Hello…” Kikwang said in a cautious tone. Chaerin quickly pushed Jiyong aside and stood in front of him, her eyes wide as Kikwang held a knife on his hand, slowly hiding it behind him.

“Kikwang, is everything alright?”

“Do you know this guy?” Jiyong said, his voice threatening. Chaerin looked back at Jiyong and nodded quickly.

“He’s my cousin.” She said. Jiyong widened his eyes at her, then looked back at Kikwang. “Is something wrong?”

“No, I’m sorry, I think I’m just stressed.” Jiyong said, straightening himself, he was, as Chaerin now noticed, slightly crouched. “I beg my apologies, I was rude. My name is Kwon Jiyong.” Jiyong said, extending his hand towards Kikwang, who continued to eye him cautiously.

“Lee Kikwang.” He said. Chaerin noticed the tension between the two as they shook their hands, and she couldn’t help but feel something wasn’t alright at all.

“Kikwang, this is my work mate, Jiyong.” She said. “Jiyong, this is my cousin Kikwang.”

“Nice to make your acquaintance.” Jiyong said and bowed his head. “Now I take my leave, Chaerin, I’ll see you later.” He said and bowed his head again at Kikwang, who made a slight gesture of acknowledgment as Jiyong turned to leave. Chaerin watched him go as she stood in front of her door, well aware of Kikwang’s stare at her.

“Work mate?” Kikwang said as she walked in. Rolling her eyes, she locked the door and took off her shoes.

“Yes, I work, thank you.” She said and put her keys on her table as she walked into her flat. “And why are you still here?”

“So he’s like your boss?” Kikwang said sitting on her sofa. Chaerin glared at him as she grabbed a soda from her fridge.

“Oh, so hilarious, why, let us continue our little chat.” She said and sat next to him, taking the knife he was holding and putting it on the table. Kikwang, who was shirtless, chuckled as he threw his arm around her shoulder.

“Didn’t I asked you to just stop going there? Now you work with that guy?! What would uncle say?!” Kikwang told her. Chaerin slapped his arm away and glared at him.

“He would’ve say nothing!” Chaerin yelled and moved to the chair in front of the sofa. “Aside from you, my father was really open minded about my decisions.”

“And look what that took you, working with a Kwon!” Kikwang said as he stood up, grabbing the knife from the table and putting it back on the kitchen. Chaerin narrowed her eyes at him as he rested his head low, taking deep breaths.

“I think I won’t even mention how terribly suspicious that sentence sounds.” Chaerin muttered as she sipped her soda. “And do I have to worry about that suspicion?”

“What suspicion?” Kikwang asked as he looked at her. She shrugged and sipped on her soda.

“Nothing, forget it.” She said and walked into her room, leaving him with his words unspoken.

Resting her back on the door, she took deep breaths as she looked around her room. Everything was the same, nothing was changed, yet she felt like nothing fitted, like everything was fake. Two steps forwards, she collapsed on the floor, taking deep breaths as a lump came out of and a hoard of sobs made their way out. Her father continued to appear on her mind, talking to her, hugging her.

With hurry, she crawled through her floor to reach a notebook she had lying next to her bed and opened it, ignoring all her scribbling and turning to a blank page. She grabbed a pencil and started to write and write, she wrote everything in her mind, until she was fully satisfied and at ease with her own self. Hugging the notebook, she looked at her wall and slowly rested her body on the floor, caressing the notebook as tears continued to fall from her eyes. Nothing was alright, nothing fitted, nothing made any sense at all.

 


Gily's Notes: Hello!

My days off was due to a sickness that took upon me... unfortunately. My body was in terrible pain for a few days, but now, I am feeling better! So here I am!

Happy Reading ~

Gily ♥