Unconscious

Twist Of Destiny

Jiyong continuously shook her body as he called her, but she made no movement. She was deep in her unconscious state, and his worry for her worsened with every second spent. He had to make sure everything was fine; even he wasn’t sure of what he could be capable off, and watching her lying on his bed, with a swollen, bleeding cheek made proof of that. “Chaerin, please, wake up.” He said as he moved her, but still, she didn’t responded. With a low growl, he moved hastily out of bed and grabbed his phone, dialing the only person that could take him out of that mess. Of all the messes of his life, in fact.

“I hope someone’s dying…” Youngbae muttered angrily.

“Someone is!” Jiyong said.

“What did you do now Jiyong?” Youngbae said and Jiyong let out a sigh as he looked at the unconscious Chaerin on his bed.

“I punched Chaerin, and I think I sent her into coma.” Jiyong confessed. He heard Youngbae letting out a sigh, then he heard some crumbling at the background. He bit his lip, furrowing his eyebrows as he put a hand over his forehead.

“And why would you hit her?” Youngbae asked with patience. Jiyong bit his lip again and looked at the floor, moving his feet slightly, feeling ashamed.

“Because she was about to kill me.” He said in a low voice.

“She? Kill you?”

“Dude, you don’t even know. She actually kicked me when I was in the floor. I was protecting myself. I even think I have some broken ribs.” 

“And you’re confessing this because?”

“I need your help!” Jiyong yelled stressed.

“Ok, ok, try putting some ice on her head. I’m coming over.” Youngbae said and Jiyong let out a sigh of relieve.

“Thanks man, I owe you.”

“Big time.” He said and ended the call. Without any more hesitation, Jiyong quickly went towards the kitchen and grabbed a bucket. Without caring about his spotless floor, he filled it with ice, some of them falling on his floor, and ran back towards his room.

He quickly put the bucket on the floor as he grabbed his sheets, putting some ice on them and making a knot, securing them in there. Normally, he would freak out for his sheets, which cost him a fortune, but for some odd reasons, nothing else mattered to him, only waking her up.

Hastily, he put the sheet over her head, letting it cool down. He looked at her as he kept the ice over her head. He noticed she was breathing evenly, and for a moment, even with her bruised and bleeding cheek, she looked peaceful. He had seen her frowning all the time, scratch that, he saw her kicking his , but then, sleeping, she looked vulnerable, weak and fragile. He felt the need to protect her, to keep her safe from all the dangers of the dark world they were both living.

As he continued to put the ice on her head, he heard his front door opening. It would have gone unnoticed by anyone, but years of training had taught him to hear things people couldn’t normally hear. He let out a sigh as he heard footsteps approaching the hallway. “Ji!” Youngbae yelled. 

“My room!” Jiyong yelled back. His heart started to beat fast for no specific reason, it could be the nervousness he was feeling, or simply the worry, he couldn’t tell. A few moments later, Youngbae opened the door, his eyes wide in confusion as he saw Chaerin lying on Jiyong’s bed, clearly staining the sheets. Jiyong looked at him with narrow eyes as he held the sheets with ice on Chaerin’s forehead.

“Are those your new and expensive sheets?” Youngbae said and Jiyong nodded. “Is that blood?”

“Just help me here!” Jiyong hissed. Youngbae rolled up his sleeves and went over to Chaerin. He held her neck high, letting her head hang lose. Jiyong freaked out and tried to hold her head, but Youngbae stopped him, checking her pulse.

“Jiyong, she’s just unconscious, she will wake up soon.” Youngbae said. Jiyong narrowed his eyes as he looked at her limp body, slowly relaxing as Youngbae put her back on bed.

“How soon? What if she saw me?” Jiyong said. Youngbae shrugged as he got out of bed, rolling down his sleeves.

“We will know when she wakes up.”

“That’s why she needs to wake up now.” Jiyong said and Youngbae shook his head while putting a hand on Jiyong’s shoulder, trying to ease Jiyong’s tensed muscles. He knew, Youngbae knew, all of them knew.

“And ask her what? Did you saw me killing a man?” Youngbae said and Jiyong opened his mouth to talk, then closed it. It was the most logic answer he could give him. But then again, it didn’t gave him any rest, or any comfort at all.

“Right,” Jiyong agreed. “Then let’s just leave her to rest.” Youngbae nodded as he slightly rubbed Jiyong’s tensed muscles.

“Let’s go out, you need to tell me everything.” Youngbae said and Jiyong nodded. Both of them walked out of the room, leaving Chaerin alone. Jiyong looked back at her before turning the lights off. She was looking too vulnerable, which only made him feel even guiltier than he was already feeling. But he had to, he continued to tell himself. He had to do it.

Jiyong threw himself on his sofa, resting his head back. He was feeling exhausted, his eyes were feeling heavy, his limbs numb, but still, he remained wide awake, looking at his ceiling, wondering about the mysteries of life. “So, how did it go?” Youngbae said, interrupting Jiyong’s deep thought on how the Cheese was made. He frowned and looked at Youngbae through the corner of his eye.

“What?”

“The job.” Youngbae said with a shrug.

“It was fine.” Jiyong said as he moved his head to the side, still thrown back. “He died.”

“I know, but explain to me how Chaerin got involved.” Youngbae said as he grabbed a pillow and rested his head on it. Jiyong shrugged and let out a sigh.

“I don’t even know. I was after Heechul, then she got out of the club and saw me.”

“Saw you?” Youngbae asked, slightly shocked. Jiyong shook his head no, remembering her terrified face, looking at him.

“No, she saw a man running with a mask over his face and a gun on his hand.” Jiyong answered. “I tried to let her know she should leave, but for some reason, she followed me.”

“And she saw everything?” Youngbae said and Jiyong nodded.

“I think so.”

“And what is everything?”

“You know, the usual,” Jiyong said. “Fingers, then bullet on his brain.” Jiyong said, lifting his fingers, then pointing one at his temple. Youngbae grimaced, scratching his forehead.

“I think the ‘fingers’ part will haunt her for life.” Youngbae said. Jiyong chuckled slightly and closed his eyes while nodding.

“I can be nasty sometimes.” Jiyong muttered, slowly falling asleep. He was too exhausted to keep going on, and no cheese could make him stay awake for more.

“You’re always nasty.” Youngbae said. Jiyong chuckled, and just then, he heard a scream not far from them. Both of them sat upright, looking at each other with wide eyes. The exhaustion left his body as adrenaline took over again.

“Chaerin!” Both said in unison and ran towards Jiyong’s room.

Her head throbbed painfully as she slowly stirred in bed, holding tightly the sheets around her. She groaned as she tried to move, opening her eyes slowly, controlling the urges to scream in pain. She looked around, and her eyes widened as she realized she didn’t know where she was.

She sat upright, her eyes wide in shock as she tried to remember that place. Nothing came to her mind, and she screamed as she recalled the events that led her there. A man, probably an innocent man, being tortured by another one. She remembered how his fingers got cut out, and how the man seemed to enjoy hurting him. Heechul, his name was Heechul, she remembered. With another scream, she quickly moved, trying to find something to defend herself. Just where the hell was she?

She tried to move, but her head throbbed furiously. She tried to stand up and make a run for it, only to fall on the floor miserably. Everything was turning around, making her even more confused. She gasped loudly as she heard footsteps running towards her. She looked around, and her heart jumped in joy as she saw a knife thrown on the floor, close to a closed door. Without any hesitation, she grabbed the knife and held it tightly on her hand as she moved to the corner of the room, gasping as the footsteps came closer.

The door opened slowly, and she gasped again when two silhouettes entered the room. It was slightly dark, and she couldn’t quite see them well. She could only see that both of them were male, and from her view, they were tall. She panicked as they got in and threw the knife towards them. “!” One screamed as he moved to the side, and the knife hit the wall, getting stuck there. Chaerin widened her eyes as she slowly stood up, her head throbbing and her hands trembling. “Chaerin, are you alright?” She heard one saying. That voice, too familiar, way too familiar.

“J-Jiyong?” She asked nervously. She heard a grunt and saw how he moved a hand close to the wall. The lights went on, and she saw him looking at her with nervous, worried eyes. Behind him, Youngbae was looking at her, just as worried.

“Yes, are you alright?” Jiyong said again as he moved closer. Chaerin, trembling, extended her hands, not sure what was going on. How was she there? How did she get in there? But more importantly, why was she with him?

“Where am I?” She asked and Jiyong raised an eyebrow.

“You’re in my apartment.” He simply said. Chaerin narrowed her eyes, but another gush of throbbing pain got the best of her, and she bent over in pain, holding her head. “Chaerin!” Jiyong said as he got closer to her, holding her by her waist. She froze as he touched her, he looked too nervous.

“I am fine.” She muttered as she tried to shove Jiyong’s hands away, but he didn’t let go of her. Instead, he moved her to the bed, making her sit. She let out a sigh of pain as he slowly let go of her, his hands lingering on her body.

“You are not, look at you.” He said as he grabbed her face, looking at her with narrow eyes. “You got some serious bruise in there.” She gulped as he touched her face. It stung her, and she quickly moved back. Jiyong frowned and moved his hand back. He looked at Youngbae, and Chaerin noticed how they both had some sort of silent conversation. Finally, Youngbae nodded and got out of the room, thing that made Chaerin suspicious.

“I am fine.” She said after the long silence. Jiyong looked at her, still frowning.

“What happened to you?” He asked. Chaerin bit her lip as she remember the murder behind the club. She let out a sigh and shook her head.

“I guess I had an accident.” She lied. She saw Jiyong frowning at her.

“What kind of accident leaves a bruise like that?”

“I can be really clumsy.” She said. Jiyong narrowed his eyes and let out a sigh.

“Chaerin, don’t lie to me, that’s a punch on your face.” He said. Chaerin shook her head and quickly stood up, only to feel dizzy and fall back to the bed. Jiyong held her tight, and she looked at him curiously. It was strange for him to be acting so protective over her.

“I am fine.” She said again, but for some odd reasons, she was feeling nauseated. “I need the bathroom.” She said. She noticed Jiyong stiffening, then nodded, slightly blocking the closed door with his body.

“You will have to use the one in the hallway, mine’s broken.” He said. Chaerin bit her lip as the nausea passed. She nodded and tried to stand up, but her hands continued to shake, she was still nervous.

“Truth is, I think I witness a crime.” She said. Jiyong looked at her with narrow eyes.

“A crime?”

“Someone murdered a man in the back of the club.” She said. Jiyong narrowed his eyes.

“Are you sure?” She bit her lip and nodded. She looked at him and narrowed her eyes. She hadn’t noticed he had his lip broken, a bruise was forming on it as some blood was coagulating fast. She bit her lip and looked down, trying to avoid coming up with assumptions.

“That person… He attacked me.” She said. Jiyong narrowed his eyes again, but then nodded.

“It was a man?” He asked and she nodded.

“I think I attacked him first, but he… was too strong for me.” She said. Jiyong nodded and stood up, grabbing his phone. She looked at him with wide, curious eyes as he unlocked it.

“I think you should call the police, that person could be out there, maybe he’s a serial killer or something.” Jiyong said, handing her his phone. Chaerin bit her lip and shook her head. She knew she had to call the police and report it, but she had hoped, she had wished that man was the same one that killed her father. Maybe that was the reason why she attacked him, hoping to kill him right there and then.

“No, I didn’t saw his face.” Chaerin said. Jiyong nodded, still frowning.

“But something you can remember about him? Clothes, something?” He said and Chaerin shrugged.

“I only remember his mask. He was wearing a black mask with a tribal dragon on it.” She said. Jiyong nodded and put his phone back on his pocket.

“That won’t help much.” He said and she nodded. He turned around to leave, but she called him back. He looked at her and she bit her lip again.

“Please don’t tell anyone.” She said. Jiyong smiled and nodded warmly.

“I won’t.” He said and took the knife on the wall. “This is dangerous.” He said and put it on a drawer. Chaerin smiled and nodded.

“I’m sorry, I was scared.” She said and Jiyong nodded warmly. He scratched the back of his head, then looked at her with apologetic eyes.

“Chaerin, would you mind if I asked you to move to the guest’s room?” He said and she widened her eyes. She looked around the room, it was perfectly clean, a few posters of himself hanging on the walls, and a few pictures of s and family on the vanity and tables.

“Is this your room?” She asked and he nodded. Chaerin stood up quickly, holding herself onto the bed. It was a mess, the sheets were wet and bloody. She bit her lips and flinched as she saw the fabric, it must’ve cost him a fortune, and now she ruined it. “I am so sorry.” She said and walked towards him. She lost her balance when she got to him, and he held her tight. She could feel the warmth of his body, and the comfort of his arms. It was strange, she had never felt any comfortable with anyone touching her, even less, holding her in place.

“Don’t be.” He said and held her tight. “You have to rest, I’ll take you to bed.” He said and she nodded. He quickly moved her to the guest’s room and laid her on bed. She smiled and nodded at him, putting her hands on her stomach.

“Thank you.” She muttered and Jiyong smiled.

“Just rest, if you need anything, I will be close.” He said and Chaerin nodded, closing her eyes. She continued to remember the blood splattering from the man’s hands, and the way his blood splattered all over his murderer’s face. She cringed at the thought, opening her eyes wide. She let out a sigh as she sat up, holding her head in both her hands.

“Not all of them can be the same…” She muttered as she looked at herself on the mirror. The vanity was just in front of bed, so she could see herself completely on bed, her hair a mess, stained with blood. Her bruised face, her bloody clothes. She gasped as she looked at herself, pulling her clothes as tears fell from her eyes. It was like having seen her father dying in front of her, like having him in front and her not being able to do anything, like she did now.

Another scream escaped , and she quickly put a hand over to contain her sobs. She quickly grabbed a pillow and put it over her sore face, screaming at the top of her lungs. Screaming for fear, for feeling useless, for feeling weak. She screamed for her father, and for the first time, she cried for her father. He was no longer there, he would no longer call her to annoy her, to ask her if she had eaten or slept. He will no longer call her to check on her, and for that, she cried with all her heart, with all her soul. He wasn’t there anymore, and she couldn’t do anything but cry. For once she thought she had the man, but then again, she was weaker, and thus, she was knocked out.

“I’m so sorry father…”

 


Gily's Notes: This is extra long!

Thanks so much for the support! I'm honestly really happy! So happy I feel like updating a million times today! But unfortunately, I still need to work on the chapters, I want them perfect for you!

I hope you guys are enjoying this! I am trying to write with all my might, but every time I want to, something comes up, and I feel I end up writing some stupid, nonsense things!

I want to tell you guys that I have been this past month doing everything I can to have my license, which I had to take the exam this monday. Thing is, today they tell me I still needed to get them a paper that my college was supposed to give them, and well... I won't be able to take that exam on monday. 

It is hard, because I have been preparing myself for it, only to have it delayed until february, but God knows why he does it, and maybe I just have to patiently wait... But it's so hard, working and preparing so much, only to be told you can't do it in the end...

I'm sorry, I had to take it out of my chest! Will go and write! I spent almost the whole afternoon lying in the dark with some music and came up with an AWESOME idea, let us see how this comes up! 

Happy Reading ~

Gily ♥