Brainwash

Twist Of Destiny

The wheels screech as Jiyong pulled to a stop in front of Youngbae’s house. Youngbae got out first, his hand still on his gun as he quickly ran to his door and unlocked it. Jiyong walked out more casually, taking deep breaths as he felt his posture fading. He had to hide somewhere and sulk until his stressed passed out. Youngbae the lights and both their eyes widened when they saw companion in the house.

Sitting calmly on the sofa, Seunghyun and Seungri were looking at them with their legs crossed. Jiyong looked at Youngbae and let out a soft sigh of relieve. “How the did you got in here without asking me first?” Youngbae said and Seungri stood up, handing them a phone. Jiyong grabbed the phone and looked at the picture on the screen. It was a multimedia message with the picture of the man he had killed. Jiyong gulped and handed Seungri back the phone.

“Do they know who did it?” Jiyong said and Seungri shook his head.

“Not yet, but they can find out.” Seunghyun said, grabbing a can of soda on the coffee table.

“Clean your mess, Jiyong.” Seungri said in a dark voice as he walked back to the sofa. “Clean it up before the Yang brothers sit down with your father.”

“My father will not find out.” Jiyong said and walked towards the bar that divided the living room to the kitchen. The place was slightly cold, but Jiyong couldn’t quite tell if it was because of his stress or because of the place itself. He rested his hands on the table and let out a breath. “I will clean it up, give me 48 hours.”

“It is not us who you need to talk to. The Yang brothers are the problem here. Ever since your father let them in charge, we can’t even breathe.” Seungri said. Jiyong took another breath and walked into the kitchen. Youngbae was cleaning his hands on the sink, and Jiyong scrounged his face.

“Don’t do that in there, it’s where you wash your food.” Jiyong said. Youngbae scoffed and closed the faucet when he was done.

“Do you rather do it where you clean your mouth?” Youngbae said and Jiyong flinched in disgust. He opened the freezer and grabbed a bottle of water.

“Hyunseung is at Club Elliu today, want to hit in?” Seunghyun said. Jiyong took a deep breath and drank from the bottle.

“Is he really? I don’t think I want to see him.” Jiyong said. Youngbae rested his elbows on the bar and frowned.

“Where’s Daesung?” Youngbae asked and Seungri smiled.

“At Club Elliu, fixing some things with Hyunseung.” Seungri said and Jiyong frowned.

“What things?” Jiyong asked and Seungri shrugged. “Let’s go.”

“Now? It’s about 3am already.” Youngbae protested and Jiyong scowled at him.

“If you don’t want to go, that’s fine. After all, I was the one who missed, not you.” Jiyong hissed and Youngbae looked down. Jiyong grabbed a gun from the counter and checked if it was loaded. It was, so he put it on his pants and grabbed his keys.

“I’m going with you.” Seungri said and Jiyong nodded. Youngbae looked up and frowned.

“I am going too, but at least change.” He said and Jiyong looked down at his clothes, then at Youngbae and shrugged.

“Is my clothes still here?” Jiyong asked and Youngbae nodded. Jiyong walked towards the guest room and quickly grabbed another set of clothes, changing into them.

The place was still crowded, the Black Room having the biggest crowd of the week. In normal nights, they would have been wooing and dancing around, drinking away their problems, but that night, they couldn’t get lost. Jiyong walked hastily towards the Black Room, where Hyunseung’s office was. He didn’t even know why he wanted to be there, he just needed to.

As he walked in, he noticed a woman walking towards his direction. From the distance, he looked at her with interest. She had her hair long and dark, her clothes were stylish and y. In a normal night, he would’ve gotten over there and spoken to her, take her to dance or buy her a drink, but that night, all he could do was stare at her as she walked towards the door. He kept looking at her without having a proper look on her face. Right at her heels, there was a man, not too tall, broad, dressed in black, also stylish, he knew. He frowned slightly as he saw the man scowling as he followed the woman outside. Jiyong frowned and both their eyes crossed, and the man scowled at him.

Jiyong would have punched him right there and then, but he abstain himself from doing so, the man was probably having a hard night. The woman disappeared from his sight, but the man continued to look at him, his glare dangerous and stern. It was only then, Jiyong felt a slight alarm at the back of his head. He had seen that man before.

Shrugging the thought off, he continued to walk towards Hyunseung’s office. He noticed there was no DJ in the Booth, and he scoffed remembering Chaerin, and how she said she worked there. “Stupid liar.” He muttered as he knocked on Hyunseung’s door.

Hyunseung opened the door, looking stressed. Jiyong frowned and looked inside the office, Daesung was sitting comfortably on one of the leathered chairs, accompanied by Hyunsuk. Jiyong cursed on his mind as Hyunseung looked at him. “Jiyong, what a surprise, to what do we owe the honor?” Hyunseung said and Jiyong scoffed.

“Just came around, heard you were with one of my men.” Jiyong said and Hyunseung smiled nodding, moving aside so Jiyong could enter. Jiyong looked back and Seungri gestured him to go in alone, so did Youngbae. He entered the office and Hyunseung closed the door. Daesung looked at him with discomfort, and Jiyong knew he didn’t wanted to be there.

“Daesung, care to talk to Jiyong about why we are here?” Hyunseung said. Hyunsuk smiled warmly at Jiyong, but he just nodded, still looking at Daesung.

“Just business Jiyong, nothing out of the usual.” Daesung answered, but Jiyong knew him better, he knew he was lying.

“And I guess this is the moment I ask you all why are you talking business without me.” Jiyong said as he took a seat in front of Daesung.

“I guess I would answer with your work tonight. How did it go?” Hyunsuk said and Jiyong glared.

“He got away.” Jiyong simply said and Hyunsuk coughed out the drink he was taking.

“He what?” Hyunsuk said and Jiyong raised an eyebrow.

“He. Got. Away.” He said sternly.

“Jiyong, you realized the problem that is? Did he found out who you were?” Hyunseung said and Jiyong nodded.

“Of course he did, he is not stupid.” Jiyong said.

“But I’m starting to think you are.” Hyunsuk said. Jiyong frowned. “How could you let yourself be known? Your father taught you better!”

“My father is wasting his time doing he shouldn’t do. I guess he’s out of the game.” Jiyong said with disdain, and Hyunsuk glared at him.

“Don’t talk about your father like that, Jiyong.” Hyunsuk warned him, but Jiyong just smirked.

“Excuse me gentlemen, I have to leave. Daesung.” Jiyong said while he stood up. Daesung looked at him, then at the Yang brothers, who nodded at him. Jiyong rolled his eyes and gestured Daesung to come with him. Daesung stood up and bowed at the Yang brothers before leaving with Jiyong.

They walked to their usual spot in the club, the V.I.P lounges. Seungri, Youngbae and Seunghyun were already there, waiting for them. Daesung hastened his pace, and Jiyong followed him suit, until they reached the lounge.

“What was that?” Jiyong asked as Daesung sat on the sofa. He looked at his hands and let out a sigh.

“What was what?” Youngbae asked.

“What did they told you? Why wasn’t I informed of this? Who told you to come and talk to them? You don’t know how they are, you don’t know what they are capable of!” Jiyong said, stressing out every word. Daesung just looked down, taking deep breaths.

“They just want to help you.” Daesung muttered. Jiyong stopped and looked at him with narrow eyes.

“Help me?” He echoed. Daesung nodded and looked at Jiyong.

“You are not well and you know it.” Daesung said. Jiyong narrowed his eyes again and sat on the chair that was close to the curtains dividing the lounge to the rest of the club. “You don’t sleep, you barely eat, you’re getting sick and you don’t even know it.”

“And how does talking to the Yangs helps me at all?” Jiyong said.

“They are the ones running Mr. Kwons deals, they can help you get some rest. They wanted to let you live your life like you’ve always wanted Jiyong.”

“Oh please Daesung, and you believed that bull? The only thing they want is to take me out so I won’t be there when my father dies.” Jiyong said. Daesung shook his head and intertwined his fingers nervously.

“Your father is ill, and you too are becoming sick, Jiyong, you need to rest.” Daesung said. Youngbae, who was now sitting next to Jiyong, shook his head and crossed his arms.

“While I do agree with you regarding Jiyong’s health, I can’t agree on the Yang brothers. We all know they have always wanted to take on the Kwon’s family industries. Why would they want to help now? Now that Younghwan is sick?” He explained and Jiyong nodded while lifting a hand.

“There’s no way they would want to help me Daesung. Just what have they told you?”

“But what I’m more concerned is,” Seungri spoke. “How exactly did Mr. Kwon gave them the Club and the Company?” Seungri said and Jiyong smirked.

“That’s the only thing they run now, the other deals, they are still under my father’s hands.” Jiyong said.

“But why? Why not give you the company at least?” Seungri said and Seunghyun chuckled.

“Because of Ji’s anger management. Don’t you think he will go bankrupt the moment his name is on every paper?” Seunghyun said and Seungri nodded.

“Enough.” Jiyong spoke and looked at Daesung. “You, just forget about the Yangs for now and focus on your own work. You work with me.”

“For you.” Daesung corrected and Jiyong shook his head.

“With me, I don’t pay you nothing, father does, like he does to me. We are a team, and I want you to tell me everything.” Jiyong said. “I don’t want the Yangs to be ing with your head anymore, understood?” Daesung nodded innocently and looked at the others, who were looking at him with warm eyes.

“But why are you here? I heard you had the day off.” Daesung said and Jiyong puffed his cheeks as he grabbed a glass of Vodka from the table at the center.

“I didn’t.” Jiyong said.

“We didn’t.” Youngbae corrected him. Jiyong rolled his eyes and looked at Daesung.

“We have a problem. Well,” Jiyong stopped and smiled. “I have a problem.”

“What happened?” Daesung asked.

“He missed his target and killed an innocent man.” Youngbae said. Daesung widened his eyes at Jiyong.

“What?! How? Why?!” Daesung said. “And why wasn’t I informed before?”

“Because you were with the Yangs getting your brain washed.” Jiyong muttered. Daesung glared at him, then looked at Youngbae.

“I told you he was sick.”

“I’m just tired! Ok, tired!” Jiyong defended himself. Daesung raised an eyebrow and looked at Seunghyun.

“How much time to clean?”

“Now, just 46 hours.” Seunghyun said and Daesung nodded.

“I need to know the place so I can take down the surveillance cameras. Also, we will need to retrieve the man’s information so I can trace his family and know his background, before they do.” Daesung said and Jiyong smirked.

“That’s my Dae.”

Her hands had been trembling the whole time. The coppery taste of blood lingered on as Kikwang pulled to a stop close to her father’s restaurant. She had been so angered she didn’t know how she would react once she got there. The police had closed the alley behind the restaurant, where a food stall was, her favorite. She bit her lip as Kikwang got out of the car. Taking another deep breath, she got out as well. She saw her cousin biting his lips as he walked towards the yellow lines.

One cop stopped him, and Kikwang started to talk to him when Chaerin arrived. “I’m his nephew, Lee Kikwang.” Kikwang said.

“I am sorry but this is a murder scene, you will have to show me some id, and a picture for proof.” The guard said.

“I beg your pardon?” Kikwang said, and Chaerin lifted a hand, touching his shoulder.

“Ki, it’s ok. Sir, I am Lee Kijin’s daughter, Lee Chaerin.” She said. The cop looked at them with narrow eyes when another man got closer to them. Chaerin’s eyes slightly blurred when she saw who it was.

“It’s ok, let them pass. They’re my family.” The man said. Chaerin went over him and hugged him.

“Taemin, what happened?” She asked as she pulled away. Taemin shrugged and looked back.

“It was a murder, I am so sorry. There is no suspect yet.” Taemin explained. Chaerin nodded as she looked around, trying to see a body.

“I want to see him.” Chaerin said. Taemin looked at Kikwang with apologizing eyes.

“I don’t think that’ll be a good idea.” Taemin said. Kikwang stood next to Taemin and put a hand over his shoulder.

“Please Taemin, let us see him.” Kikwang said. Taemin hesitated, then nodded.

“Alright, as my cousins, I will let you pass. I am not supposed to, but I guess its ok. But I warn you, be prepared.” Taemin said and led them towards the crime scene. Chaerin held Kikwang’s hand as they followed Taemin into the alley.

Chaerin saw a white sheet over a body. It was stained red with blood, and she bit her lip as Taemin stopped next to the body. “I will give you a minute, please don’t move him, we are still investigating.” Taemin said and looked at Kikwang. Chaerin noticed the exchange of looks, but shrugged it off as she knelt down beside her father’s body. With a trembling hand, she took out the sheets.

Her heart stopped as she gasped. He was shot in the head, the forehead was burnt due to the impact of the bullet. She put a hand over as she looked at him. Not too far from his hand was a bag of food, her favorite food. She shook her head as she lost balance, falling on her . Kikwang quickly knelt beside her and held her shoulders. “He bought me food.” Chaerin said. Kikwang hugged her from the side as he looked at the body. “He bought me food.”

Kikwang just shook his head the whole time, holding in tears as they both looked at the body of their father. Chaerin had always considered Kikwang her brother, had never doubted her father was like Kikwang’s own father. And looking at him, his bloody body lying on the floor, broke her heart in a million pieces, but it also filled it with hatred, hatred to whoever had done that, to whoever had ended the life of their father. “This will not remain like this. I give you my word.” Kikwang muttered at her side and she just nodded in agreement.

“Whatever it takes.” She said.

“Whatever it takes.”

 


Gily's notes: Because I'm cool, another update!

Don't forget to let me know what you think! It helps me unwind my mind!

Also, see the Yang brothers are back! Hahahaha!

Happy Reading ~

Gily ♥