Lyrics

Twist Of Destiny

Morning rose as she looked outside of her window. The sun slowly brighten the town, illuminating everything on its way. Chaerin looked with dismay at the early people walking through the streets. She stood up from her chair and walked into the living room, where Kikwang was sleeping soundly. For her, sleep never came, and she stayed looking outside her window, trying to figure out ways of murdering the person who had ended her father’s life. It was unfair, she thought, killing a man like her father. A man that was there for everyone, anyone who needed him, he was there. He was a good man, he was a perfect man in her eyes.

She went to her kitchen, trying to be soundless, as she grabbed the orange juice and served it on a cup. After she was done serving, she looked at the coffee, and put the glass of juice in the fridge and grabbed a cup of coffee instead. She sipped it and looked at Kikwang. He was shirtless, still wearing his jeans as he slept upside down. She chuckled inwardly as she saw his muscle tensing. He had grown, he had become a man and she hadn’t even noticed when or how.

Taking a deep breath, she walked towards her room, where she could hear her phone ringing. Scowling, she grabbed it and rolled her eyes as she saw who it was.

“What is it?” She hissed as she answered.

“Another terrible mood? You must be bipolar.” Jiyong said on the other line. She put her cup of coffee on her nightstand and sat on her bed, still scowling.

“What do you want?” She said.

“Practice, you still need training.” He said. She looked at her open door, where she could easily see Kikwang’s sleeping figure.

“Jiyong, I don’t think I can come today.” She said, thinking on how much Kikwang told her to never go back to YG.

“You don’t think or you don’t want?” Jiyong hissed. Chaerin rolled her eyes and looked at her hands. They were trembling, she could feel her body trembling all over.

“It’s none of your business.” She hissed.

“Whatever, I expect you here in 1 hour, if you’re not here by then, you can kiss your dreams goodbye.” He said and ended the call. Chaerin scoffed and put the phone aside, drinking more coffee. She looked back towards Kikwang, but he was no longer on the sofa. She frowned and walked out of her room, only to see him looking outside of the window. She rested herself from the door frame as she drank her coffee.

“Good morning.” She said. Kikwang turned around and smiled weakly at her.

“Morning.” He said and walked towards the sofa, grabbing his shirt and putting it on. She laughed softly and signaled him the bathroom.

“There’s a new toothbrush on the cabinet. Also, if you want to have a shower, there’s some old clothes you can use. I think they were yours.” She said and he nodded smiling.

“Thank you.” He said and walked towards the bathroom. She let out a sigh and walked into her room, closing the door. She went into her bathroom and took a quick shower. Without paying attention to her clothes, she put on whatever she could find. She grabbed a black, short dress that had a transparent fabric of skulls over it. She put it on with a pair of black, spike stilettos. She made her hair in a high ponytail, and kept her makeup simply. Just black eyeliner with pale eye shadows.

Chaerin walked out of her room and saw Kikwang drying his hair with a towel. He looked at her and frowned. “I believe you’re going out.” He said and she nodded.

“You can feel at home. There’s food in the fridge and all sort of stuffs around.” She said and grabbed her keys. She took out the copy of the house keys and handed it to him. “Here, keep this.” Kikwang took them and nodded.

“YG building?” He said and Chaerin bit her lower lip.

“I have to.” She said. He scoffed and moved his hand dismissively. She lowered her face and nodded, walking towards the door. “I’ll see you later.” She said and Kikwang nodded, looking pissed. Chaerin let out a sigh and walked out.

That day, the traffic wasn’t heavy, and she got to the YG Building in less than 20 minutes. She quickly got out of the cab and walked into the building. The receptionist bowed at her and Chaerin bowed back as she got into the elevator.

She reached the third the floor and quickly walked out, only to find Jiyong looking at her with crossed arms. “You’re almost late.” He said. Chaerin rolled her eyes and walked into the studio, ignoring him. Inside, she saw more people, and she stopped and bowed politely. Jiyong walked in and stood next to her.

“I’ll do some quick introductions. This is Big Bang.” Jiyong said as he looked at the other males. Chaerin bowed again as she tried to smile. She was still too angered to even smile properly. “That you already know, is Seungri, the youngest.” Jiyong said Seungri smiled at her. She smiled back and looked at the guy next to him.

“He is Seunghyun, or TOP, the eldest of us.” Jiyong said as he signaled the tallest, serious man in the room. Seunghyun smiled crookedly at her and she smiled back. “Then there’s Youngbae, which you also know, and finally, Daesung.” Jiyong said and Chaerin smiled at all of them.

“Greetings, I’m Lee Chaerin.” She said and they all greeted her. Youngbae stood up and looked at Jiyong. Chaerin noticed the tension between the two before Youngbae walked out of the studio. She also noticed Jiyong’s slight worry, but then again, she couldn’t quite tell.

“So should we leave you? Remember we have to record tonight Ji.” Daesung said and Jiyong nodded at him.

“I know, I will be here.”

“Also, take some rest.” Seungri said and with that, they all left them alone. Chaerin let out a sigh as she sat at the sofa in front of the door. Jiyong sat at the chair in front of the computer and turned around, looking at her.

“Have you practiced?” He asked and Chaerin shook her head. Jiyong nodded and pouted his lips. “Have you done something to strain your voice?”

“Define ‘something’.” She said and Jiyong looked at her with narrow eyes.

“Screams?” He asked and she shook her head. “Smoking?” She shook her head again. “Crying?” He said and she froze. No, she hadn’t cried, not once since she found out her father was killed. She shook her head again and Jiyong nodded. “Great, then shall we start?” She nodded and stood up.

“Should I go in?” She said and Jiyong shook his head.

“No, we will not use the recording booth today. Just here.” He said and she nodded. “After all, you shouldn’t even be training with me.”

“Then why am I here?” She said and Jiyong shrugged.

“Don’t even ask me.” He said and handed her a few copies. She eyed the papers and looked at him with a serious face.

“Do I have to sing this?” She said and Jiyong looked at her blankly. She noticed he was off that day, unlike the others, he wasn’t into it. He quickly shook his head and turned around, typing something.

“I want you to memorize those lyrics. I have an album to record, and I think your voice will do great.” He said. Chaerin looked at him with raised eyebrows.

“Jiyong, I barely know how to properly sing. Do you think is a good idea to get me recording now?” She said and he turned around, letting out a sigh.

“I have tons of recordings of your voice, and I am not a man of wasting time. So you will have to stay here and record with us.” He said. She looked at the lyrics again.

“Jiyong, you know I have a job.” She muttered. For some reason, neither of them were yelling at each other, or even glaring or insulting.

“I was there last night, and I didn’t saw you.” Jiyong said. Chaerin looked at him with narrow eyes as she remember the events of the night before.

“I had to get out early.” She simply said and started to eye the lyrics.

“Early, ok.” Jiyong said. Chaerin’s mood wasn’t helping her that day, and that remark just boiled her blood within her veins. She hit the lyrics as she looked up at him. He was eyeing some lyrics himself.

“Listen here, Golden boy, I have no interest in telling you what I do with my life. So stop meddling about it, you look stupid doing it.” She said and Jiyong looked at her, his face still blank. He shrugged and continued eyeing his lyrics. Something wasn’t right about him.

“Ok then, good.” He said and turned to the computer and continued typing something. Chaerin looked at the lyrics again, then threw them over the table. For some reason, she wanted to vent her anger on him, and he wasn’t of much help being so calm. Jiyong didn’t moved a muscle, and continued typing on his laptop. “I hope you realize you’re going to pick those up.”

“I quit.” Chaerin said. That made him move. He moved his head to look at her, his eyes showed a slight anger, too sublime to be seen properly, but she saw it.

“I beg your pardon?” He said. She bit her lip and straightened her face as she thought on what her cousin said. Maybe he was right and this wasn’t the place for her.

“I said I quit.” She said again, now picking her bag. Jiyong turned around and intertwined his hands as he looked at her with narrow eyes. His hand trembled slightly as he put a finger on his lips, then put the hand down.

“You quit?” He said with a raised eyebrow. She nodded as she stood up.

“This isn’t for me. And like you said last night, I am not willing to be doing whatever your golden wants me to do.” She said. “I am not your slave, and I don’t like you.” Jiyong put his fist over his mouth, slightly biting his finger. Chaerin noticed the tension on his muscles, the way his hands slightly tremble.

“Right, you’re not a slave.” He said, slowly nodding. “But neither am I. Do you think I have the benefit of taking a rest? Do you think I like being here, working my off just for people to tell me how bad I am doing?” He continued, and Chaerin stayed quiet. It was something, hearing him slowly getting angry, and for some reason, she felt good.

“I don’t care.” She said and Jiyong smiled arrogantly.

“I know you don’t, like I don’t care how you think of me. I run this , you don’t like it? You can get your pretty little out. No one will care.” He said. Chaerin looked at him arrogantly. She finally saw the strong, fierce man she met the first time. “I don’t care anymore whatever s like you think about me, I’m more than tired of it.”

“Great, I’m out.” She said and walked towards the door.

“, wait.” He said. She looked back and saw him scowling at her.

“What, bastard?” She said and he looked at the lyrics on the floor.

“Clean this up.” He said. She scoffed and smirked, then walked out of the office. She walked fast through the halls of the YG building, her stilettos making loud sounds as she stepped on the ivory floor. Chaerin stopped in front of the elevator doors, the button as let out exasperate sighs. She heard some footsteps walking towards her, and she frowned as she turned around, only to see Jiyong walking towards her, his face deep in thought and his hands inside of his pockets. He stopped beside her and let out a sigh.

She looked at him with a raised eyebrow as he looked at the elevator’s doors. “Listen, we started with the wrong foot, and it’s clear that we both had had a rough day.” He said. Chaerin scoffed and looked at the elevator’s doors again.

“It’s more than clear that you’re an .” She muttered. Jiyong looked down and chuckled.

“I’ve been told that.” He said. She looked at him, and he turned to her, his eyes boring into hers as he bit his lips. “Listen, I don’t usually do this, but I really like your voice, and I need you on my next album. So, can you come back and practice the lyrics?” Chaerin bit her lip and looked back at the hallway, then at Jiyong.

“I really don’t want to do it.” She lied. Jiyong took a deep breath and nodded.

“Fine then, if you don’t want to, I won’t force you.” He said and bowed slightly. “It was nice knowing you.” He walked off. Chaerin bit her lip again as the elevator’s door opened. She walked in, holding her bag tight on her hand, as the elevator’s door closed, and she closed her eyes, shaking her head no. It was her dream to sing, to perform, but now, she didn’t even know what she desired the most, revenge for her father or sing for her heart. 

 


Gily's Notes: More SkyDragon quarels! I love it! 

I think I should rate this just because of the language... but rules say "You rate it M if you would be uncomfortable with your parents reading this" but I honestly don't know what to think about it, I'm 23 and my parents read my stories and they like it... should I rate it or not? xD lol!

Oh wow, now that I think about it, it's been almost 4 years since I'm around here... wow...

Happy Reading ~

Gily ♥