Auditions

Twist Of Destiny

The wind blew her hair wildly as she approached the huge building she had always dreamed off. It was a spectacular view from her little flat, just a few streets away. She had always dreamed of walking through its front doors one day, being one of the famous people in there, singing her life on a stage without any worry or problems in her little, hectic life. She knew it was a hard road, and with her little practice, she knew it was probably more practical that she continued her life as a waitress and a DJ. She could win more, having a few shifts a day, exhausting herself until her legs gave in.

The crystal doors opened swiftly, and a sweet aroma of new and expensive came out. She smiled shyly as she walked in. It was oddly empty, for a week of audition. Or maybe she was in the wrong place? She shrugged off her insecurities and walked towards the receptionist desk. The woman was pretty, too pretty, she thought, maybe everything in here was pretty itself. “Morning.” Chaerin said shyly. The woman looked at her and smiled, her smile could brighten up a dark day in an instant.

“Morning, do you need help?” The lady said. Chaerin nodded eagerly and handed her a piece of paper she was holding, the one that said the auditions were up. The lady grabbed the piece of paper and nodded, her front teeth. “You’re here for the audition?” Chaerin nodded again. The lady raised an eyebrow and looked at her from head to toe.

“Yes ma’am.” Chaerin said, feeling suddenly too conscious of her choice of attire. Just then, another woman, less fashion and more normal walked in, putting a pen on her hair.

“Miss Gummi, thanks so much for covering me up.” The lady said bowing at the woman that was looking at Chaerin.

“It’s ok Miyoung, what are friends for?” Gummi said. Chaerin furrowed her eyebrows and looked at the more normal girl, crooking her head slightly.

“Can I help you miss?” The lady, Miyoung, asked Chaerin. She nodded and looked at Gummi, who was still holding the piece of paper on her hands, looking slightly annoyed.

“I came here for the auditions.” Chaerin said. Miyoung smiled and nodded, taking out a piece of paper.

“Perfect, please fill this up and wait for us to call you, you can sit over there, in the small reception area.” Miyoung said and Chaerin nodded, looking at Gummi with wide, confused eyes.

“Miss Gummi, can I have my paper back?” Chaerin said. She noticed Gummi narrowed her eyes and extended her arm, handing Chaerin her paper back. Chaerin took it and bowed slightly before walking towards the reception area. She noticed a lot of pictures in there, pictures of handsome men and gorgeous ladies. She did noticed one lady, the Gummi she had just met. Her eyes widened in realization as she looked back, only to find the receptionist all alone, writing some stuffs on her desk. Chaerin shook her head and sat down, slightly hitting her head.

“Such a .” She murmured as she started to fill the papers. It was stupid how little she knew about the Celebrity world, she had never had any time to pay any attention to it at all. And ever since she became independent, she could do nothing more than work to pay for her shameful flat and food. For years it had been her dream to hit big, her father had always told her she had a nice voice, just like her mother. She always thought he was just bluffing about it, but then again, she thought she should give it a try, give a chance to the world of fake smiles and plastic faces.

Chuckling to herself, she finished writing her information on the paper, taking deep breaths as she stood up and walked towards the receptionist. A soft wind entered the lobby, strong enough to blow her lose strands all over her face. Chaerin frowned as she moved the hairs out of her face and mouth and looked back. Daylight was shining over the mirrors, blinding her as some people walked in. She put a hand over her face as she tried to see who had walked in in such a dramatic way.

Two males, she could make out of the figures that walked towards the reception in such an elegant way. The doors closed, diming the light, allowing her to see properly. She looked at the men who approached the counter, looking fierce, angry. She swallowed as she looked at the tallest one. He was skinny, but that didn’t made him look any less scary. His face was strong, his features prominent, even under the makeup. An eyeliner accentuating his dark eyes, making him look dark and dangerous. His dark hair styled in a messy Mohawk, making him look young, but still, fierce. His black suit was opened at the front, the tie slightly loose as the first buttons of his shirt were opened. Chaerin noticed the receptionist blushing as she bowed shyly.

“Good Morning, Mr. Jiyong.” She said. The tallest man, Jiyong, gave her a crooked, serious smile and grabbed a paper on the counter just in front of Chaerin. The other man looked less fierce, but that didn’t made him any safe either. His hair was styled in golden braids, also wearing a black suit, but his tie was neatly in place, and all the buttons closed. He had his hands deep on his pockets, looking boringly at the tallest one, Jiyong, who was now looking at the papers Chaerin had just put on the counter.

“More auditions?” He said with a certain disdain on his voice. Miyoung, the receptionist, nodded shyly.

“Only one today, this lady.” Miyoung said, signaling Chaerin with a shaking finger. Jiyong looked at Chaerin, his eyes fierce and strong. She looked at him just the same, her eyes never leaving his as he obviously tried to intimidate her. He smirked and rested an elbow on the counter, eyeing her from head to toe.

“You came here to audition? Dressed like that?” He said. Chaerin raised an eyebrow and also rested an elbow on the counter, crossing her legs, right over left, moving her fingers in arrogance.

“I came to show my skills, not my wardrobe.” She said and Jiyong smirked again, looking at the papers. Watching him more clearly, she felt she had seen him before. His face was familiar to her, but her annoyance was taking too much of her mind for her to search where, exactly.

“And you say you can sing, rap and dance?” He said and Chaerin nodded once, still looking at him with fierce eyes. He seemed unaffected by her attitude, and she felt a bit disappointed. “Can you really do does?”

“I came to prove it. When’s the audition?” She said and he smirked again, giving the papers to the man at his side.

“Now, follow us.” He said and turned around. Chaerin narrowed her eyes and looked at the receptionist, who nodded eagerly and gestured her to follow him. Chaerin her lips and straightened herself up, following them.

They walked her through a set of glass stairs, until they reached a 3rd level. Chaerin wasn’t really out of breath, but her stilettos were killing her feet, after all, she spent the whole night standing in a pair of high heels. They finally walked towards a hallway until both men stopped in front of a door that was slightly opened.

“Did I left it open?” Jiyong asked, and the other man shrugged.

“I think you didn’t.” The shortest said. Then some music started playing, and both of them nodded in agreement, smiling slightly. Jiyong opened the door and entered, and the shortest looked at Chaerin, calling her with a finger. She walked in after them, and saw Jiyong greeting the people inside with handshakes and hugs, so did the shortest.

“GD my man you are late.” The man sitting on the chair in front of the computers said. Jiyong smiled and nodded, slightly bowing his head.

“I know, there was traffic. Bae was driving like an old lady.” He responded. Chaerin looked at the wall, there was a picture of a lady, whose s were covered by a man’s hands. It was a cover of the Rolling Stones magazine. She looked around and realized she was in a recording studio, which, apparently, people were working on.

“I was not.” The shortest man said, who Chaerin thought would be Bae.

“But it’s good, we had a few hours of peace.” The man in the chair said, and Jiyong burst out laughing.

“But not anymore. I brought you a bag of audition.” He said. Chaerin narrowed her eyes and crossed her arms.

“Bag? I only see one.” The man in the chair said looking at Chaerin. “And she doesn’t looks heavy.”

“But her attitude is…” Jiyong said and made a grunt noise while closing a fist. The man in the chair laughed and stood up, walking over to Chaerin. She her front teeth and loosened her arms.

“Good Morning, I’m Teddy, did you come to audition? I thought auditions were closed by now.” He said and Chaerin raised an eyebrow, then smiled as he extended a hand towards her.

“Chaerin, and if they are, do tell me so I can out.” She said and Teddy smirked as he looked at Jiyong, who shrugged while taking off his jacket.

“Told you.”

“Fierce. We can audition you.” Teddy said. Chaerin nodded and looked at Jiyong, who was now grabbing a pair of headphones from the table. “Do you have anything prepared?”

“Of course.” She said and Teddy smiled.

“Well, why don’t you impress my man GD right there?” Teddy said and Chaerin smirked nodding.

“What are you going to sing?” Jiyong said without looking at her. Chaerin smirked and took a deep breath.

“Right Round, by Flo Rida.” She said and Jiyong turned around, looking at her with a raised eyebrow. “I want to show you my rap.” He nodded and searched the song on the computer, then nodded.

“Whenever you want.” He said and she nodded, looking at Teddy, who gestured her to walk inside the booth. She did, feeling somehow proud that she made them widen their eyes.

Chaerin had never been inside of a studio recording booth, and it certainly wasn’t the best experience ever. It was particularly small, to what she had imagined. The microphone was in place, too tall for her, and the headphones were hanging on it, looking too big for her head. She stood in front of it, carefully but confidently dragging the mic down to her height. She put the headphones on her head and cleared .

“You ready?” Jiyong asked and Chaerin nodded, touching the headphones on her head. The music started booming, and she closed her eyes, taking deep breaths until she started rapping. First a soft rap, then a melodic voice, she had decided to mix both in the same song.

The music kept going, and she continued rapping in English without any effort at all, she was fluent in the language, she had sang that song many times in her bathroom to know were exactly stop, when take deep breaths and when make an effort in her voice.

The song ended smoothly, and she smiled in achievement at the lack of commentaries from the people outside the booth. She looked at them through the glass, and they were all looking at her, then at each other, their eyes slightly wide, hands around their chins, some other pouting in deep thought. Only one was looking at her blankly, tapping his finger on the desk.

“Is it enough?” She asked, and Jiyong nodded while pouting his lips, looking at the computer.

“You may come out.” He said. Chaerin nodded and put the headphones back on the mic and walked out. Jiyong was looking at the screen while Teddy and Bae were smiling at her.

“That was impressive.” Teddy said. Chaerin nodded, smiling slightly at him.

“Can you sing whatever I give you?” Jiyong spoke. Chaerin looked at him and frowned.

“It depends.” She said. Jiyong turned around on his chair to face her.

“On what?” He asked.

“On what you will give me.” She answered. Jiyong nodded and searched on his computer, putting up a song. Chaerin heard the rhythm and instantly recognized it, she had played that song loads of times at the club.

“Do you know that song?” He asked and she nodded, looking at him with narrow eyes. “Can you sing it?”

“Do you want me to sing it completely or just the chorus?” She asked and Jiyong shrugged.

“Can you sing it completely?” He asked. “It’s supposed to be a duet, but if you can sing it completely, we can be talking about business.” Chaerin nodded and looked at the door of the studio, then back at him.

“Can I go in now?” She said and he nodded, stopping the song.

“Please.” He said and she nodded, walking hastily into the booth. She quickly put the headphones on and the music started. R.O.D, by G-Dragon, featuring Lydia Paek. She had heard that song many times, not even knowing who wrote it or who sang it, only the names. The discs usually didn’t had any faces on them, and she didn’t had a proper time to search for it, she just enjoyed music without paying attention to who sang it or who wrote it.

She sang the song, hitting every note perfectly, as she had memorized the song completely. Her mind had always been on music, but ever since she started living alone, she didn’t cared about being a fan anymore, only on working and paying rent.

The song came to an end, and she ended it perfectly, like she had heard many times. “You can come out now.” Jiyong said and she nodded, walking out quickly.

“We honestly never audition anybody here.” Teddy started saying. “Today, our Jiyong was too lazy to go to the auditions room, but we are glad he did.”

“I have an eye for talent.” Jiyong said. Teddy laughed and nodded.

“What we want to say is that we want you in the company. I can talk to the CEO and show him this recordings, he will be more than happy.” Teddy said. Jiyong stood up and nodded, putting his hands on his pocket.

“He said I looked like a beggar, just a while ago.” Chaerin pointed out, and Jiyong glared at her.

“Don’t mind him. Jiyong has a terrible temper.” Teddy said. Jiyong his front teeth as he looked at her with arrogance.

“I said I had an eye for talent, also for fashion. You can have the talent, but if you don’t dress the part, you will never hit big.” He said through gritted teeth. Chaerin bit her tongue and looked at him with raised eyebrows, completely arrogant.

“Is it all?” She said. Jiyong hissed and turned around towards the computer stations.

“To be able to sing my song with such precision gave you a ticket to YG, don’t waste it.” He said. Teddy looked at Chaerin with a smile and nodded, gesturing her the door. She bit her lip and bowed her head, walking out of the studio. Singing his song, she thought, so is he the infamous G-Dragon…

“Let us see how great of a man you are, G-Dragon.” 

 


Gily's Notes: It is starting! I'm so excited I am almost done with next chapter!

Wuauuuaaahhhh!!!!

Happy Reading ~

Gily ♥