If I die young-1

She brings the boys out

Dabble inspired by the book : "The Lovely Bones"- (Sorry, unlike the other one-shots, this is more tragic and sinister)


I’m Eunji, Jung Eunji and I thought I’d moved on to the larger heaven. I thought there was no return but now I know…

 

I found peace, salvation as I opened the gates. Heaven is beyond comparison.

Thought the sun shines beautifully, the birds sing melodiously and the grass is green on Earth, the beauties of paradise is unmatched. The earth is marred by sin and death but Heaven is free from tears and sorrow. I was blissful and content yet I longingly watch the earthbound event from time to time like the marriage of Lindsey, the birth of my niece; Abigail Suzanne and the family celebrating Christmas eve together every year.  

 

I was soaring above the clouds lost without any doubts in the purple sunset, casting a shadow over the world and hiding the sun with my feathered wings I looked down, reminiscing over my humanity. I loved being winged, as a human I could walk on land, swim in the water but only now can I soar in the skies like an unfazed bird. At full speed now I felt the energy streaming through my body exhilarating all my spontaneous senses. Abruptly I felt myself falling, falling out of the sky and descending to Earth. Panic seized me and I impatiently flapped my wings but I continued to plummet downwards for what felt like an eternity. I felt numb and emotionless, I feared that this was something irreversible. 

 

I stood, isolated, in the middle of  the field where I was kidnapped, and murdered by Mr. Kang. Overcome with emotions, tears streamed down. I was uncontrollably weeping but no one was there to wipe them away. My only company was the chill of the air and the gentle whistle of the near approaching storm. It was the kind of chill that sent shivers down my spine, the kind that I felt when Mr. Kang my innocence, when he brutally slashed my body with a razor blade or when he left me to rot inside the cold, metallic box.   

 

Remembering how he caused my soul to be stranded on the in-between line of earth and heaven, forced to witness my family’s endurance enraged my emotions. All my efforts to set myself free and let go of the past seemed pointless at this moment.

 

My train of thought was disturbed by the distant traffic making a rumble and then I wondered, would I be stuck here, on Earth? The others were still in the sky where they belonged but why had I fallen? My wings once prestine white as the winter snow faded to grey, turned to stone and then crumpling. I gasped with horror, the air was cold burning my chest. I had forgotten how to breath. Hoping to fly back homw, I jumped but only to land back down. Confused and disappointed I looked around to see an eerie shadow approach…

 

The man revealed himself, to my utmost horror it was Mr. Kang, the man I thought I’d never see again. He caught my eye and I knew that like me, he had become a ghost after his death. A sinister grin was plastered on his face, his eyes glowing with excitement. Now I had understood the purpose for my descending, I had unfinished business here. In a flash, I charged toward him aiming to avenge all his victims. I was victorious and mighty, I knew defeat awaited him.

 

He no longer remains in the Inbetween, I’ve sent him somewhere far away. His tortured soul shall pay for his sins in purgatory for eternity and beyond. I stood still bewildered at my action yet filled with relief to be rid of the monstrosity. Suddenly, I felt a sensation consume me wholly; my body glowed with enthrallment, my spine shivering with the prospects lying ahead. Without a second thought, I launched myself off. I’ve returned to the sky embraced with the infatuating winds once again and taken to the place where happiness lies. This is where my journey ends, severing all ties to my human life, accepting the afterlife I was now truly and forever, free.