He doesn't love me-1

She brings the boys out

Eunji and Taeyang have been best friends since the day they were born but, she's secretly in love with him while he's dating a new girl. He is so close, yet so far away.

Now that Taeyang and Eunji are moving away to college, Eunji knows she must do something to let him know that this is more than just a crush.


 

"I love you..." Eunji told Taeyang quietly.

The silence that followed killed her heart. It felt like it was being torn into a million pieces.

*********

Eunji and Taeyang have been best friends forever, so it is not uncommon for them to confide in each other about everything. Taeyang spilled the juicy details about his first kiss in fifth grade, while Eunji sat back and pretended to be happy for him.

 

She found herself in that position as Taeyang and her sat in his room on a cold December evening.

"She is just...amazing. I never met a girl like her. She understands me." Taeyang was referring to his new girlfriend.

Ever word that came out of his mouth felt like a slap in the face to Eunji. Finally, she had enough.

 

"I don't care about her and you, and how perfect you two are! Just pick up the controller and play the damn game!" she shouted over Taeyang's never-ending words. She clicked 'resume' and continued to race Taeyang on her Wii. 

 

A few seconds later the game was paused again.

Taeyang looked at Eunji with a puzzled look. "What is your problem? I thought you were happy for me."

"You thought..." Eunji said, keeping her eyes fixing on the T.V. screen.

"Jesus, Eunji, just tell me what's wrong!" Taeyang rose his voice.

Eunji threw the controller onto the floor and grabbed her coat off of Taeyang's bed. She put it on quickly, as she darted toward his door.

"Eunji!" he called after her.

 

Tears were falling from her eyes. She ran down the stairs, tripping and landing on her rear. She was too frustrated to get back up and continue running. Eunji sat at the bottom of the staircase and pulled her knees into her chest.

 

Taeyang appeared at her side a few seconds later. Eunji hide her tear-stained face behind her hands.

"Eunji?" Taeyang whispered and knelt down beside her. He placed his arm around her. She shrugged it away.

"Leave me alone." Eunji choked out.

"What did I do?"

She let out a loud cry. "Everything."

 

Silence filled the room, the only sound to be heard was Eunji's sniffling. When she finally got her tear under control she lifted her head and looked Taeyang in the eyes.

"I love you..." Eunji told Taeyang quietly.

The silence that followed killed her heart. It felt like it was being torn into a million pieces.

 

Taeyang's eyes widened and then his other arm wrapped around Eunji. Then he mumbled something to her. Eunji did not know what he said, and she was not quite sure she wanted to know, but she asked him anyway.

 

"What did you say?" she asked.

He sighed and repeated himself, "I have always loved you, Eunji, but now is not the best time for all of this. I am happy with my girlfriend right now. You should have told me sooner."

 

Eunji felt rage building up inside of her. "Really!" she snapped, "You are happy with her. She probably doesn't know anything about you like I do. She probably can't make you laugh, or smile, or make your eyes light up during a good story. She probably calls all her friends and talks about how far you two have gone and how bad she wants to hit home with you. She is probably the exact opposite of the girl you want, the girl you need. Me."

 

Taeyang sat silently to soak in all the information Eunji just threw out. Then he closed his eyes, what he always did when he was thinking long and hard.

"I don't know what to do. I can't be with you right now. I need time to think. Time to sort everything out. Your my best friend, I never wanted this to happen." Taeyang confessed. Then he walked back up the stairs.

*********

The week that followed the argument was the hardest week in Eunji's life. She felt an empty void inside of her. Taeyang stole her heart, broke it, and is not trying to fix it.

It was a Monday morning during winter break, Eunji was laying in her bed, like she has been for the past week. She had no emotion on her face, and the excitement on her face matched the excitement in her soul. There was none.

 

"Honey," Eunji's mother called upstairs, "I am going to work. Have a good day. I love you."

Eunji did not respond. She just laid motionless in bed. A few minutes after her mother's departure, Eunji started questioning her friendship with Taeyang. 

 

If he really does love me, why hasn't he tried to contact me? she thought.

Maybe a warm shower will help get her mind off of Taeyang. Eunji reluctantly got out of bed and groggily made her way to the bathroom. Once inside, she slowly stripped away her three day old clothes and started the water. Steam quickly filled the room, and when the warm water hit Eunji's body she felt...good.

 

There was no other way to describe the way she felt. It was not a bad feeling, nor an incredible feeling. She still felt empty inside. Why she did? She was not sure of.

Yes, Taeyang hurt her. But, was he worth going through all this trouble?

Eunji stood idly in the shower, letting the water message her back. 

 

I am strong. I don't need him. her brain told her. 

Who am I kidding? I love him. He loves me. Why doesn't he see we are meant to be together!

 

After thirty minutes of warmth, Eunji shut off the water and wrapped a soft towel around her body. She could barely see her reflection in the mirror because of all the steam her shower had created.

 

Eunji moved closer to the mirror and tried to exam herself. She saw her eyes, red for two reasons. One, her lack of sleep, and two, her random crying that had no reason behind it. She looked horrible.

 

When she stepped away from the mirror she heard a soft knock on the bathroom door. Eunji was confused by the knocking, but opened the door anyways.

All the steam escaped the room and filled the hallway when she opened the door. On the other side was a gorgeous young man. A man Eunji has known her whole life, but now felt very distant from.

 

"Hey." his smooth, deep voice spoke.

Eunji did ignored him and walked into her room, a small towel protecting her body from the boys eyes.

"Eunji, we need to talk." he told her as he followed her into Eunji's bedroom.

She was afraid to speak, she has rarely used her voice in a week and did not know if it would work. She slowly opened , waiting for sound to come out.

"Eunji?" Taeyang asked quietly.

"You hurt me." she only spoke three words.

 

He nodded slightly and took a seat on Eunji's unmade bed. "I'm sorry, but you need to believe me when I tell you that I DO love you."

She could not make eye contact with him; once her eyes met his, she was bound to cry. Silence filled the room.

 

Taeyang was the first to break it. "I broke up with her?"

"What?" Eunji was shocked.

"I am not dating her anymore. You were right, she was not the girl I needed. I need you, Eunji. It is a shame that it took me this long to see that. I have known you my whole life, you were always by my side. I just never realized how terrible my life would be without you." he confessed.

 

Eunji's eyes widened, then she punched Taeyang's shoulder. "You're a !" she shouted, but had a soft smile on her face. She was glad that Taeyang finally realized that she was the girl he needed, the girl he loved.

 

"Ouch! But, I deserved that. Will you be my girlfriend, Eunji?" he asked, rubbing his shoulder.

Eunji smiled and then felt Taeyang's lips connect with hers. There was an electricity running through his lips and continuing through Eunji's. She never wanted to stop kissing him, but pulled away.

 

Still wrapped in a towel, Eunji whispered, "Make love with me, Taeyang."

His forehead was resting against her's when he nodded and began undressing. 

The event that followed was magical, Eunji was glad that she waited for the right person. His body fit perfectly with her, he made sure she was comfortable throughout the whole experience, and when it was over, he laid beside her, arms wrapped around her. He whispered sweet promises in her ear and held onto her for dear life. 

 

At that moment Eunji knew that she had nothing to fear because Taeyang would protect her. His muscular arms and warm body were proof of that.