The One-1

She brings the boys out

Eunji and Junhyung are happy together.
They're the perfect couple.
Except that Junhyung has to go on tour with his memebrs: BEAST, while Eunji's left behind at college.


Eunji rolled over in the soft, cloud-like bedding on the hotel’s mattress. It cushioned her and molded to her body as she moved. She was in love with the bed. She never wanted to leave, it was that perfect. She was glad that she’d agreed to this vacation before he was leaving.

 

Speaking of him, Eunji’s hazel eyes automatically found him, staring out over the ocean on the hotel room’s balcony. He was wearing just a pair of boxers, having discarded his clothes by the door the night before. Eunji smiled wide when she remembered. She leaned over the bed and swiped a shirt from the floor. Pulling it on, she left the warmth of her bed to pad out onto the balcony with him. She kissed Junhyung’s shoulder and ducked into his arms.

 

“Morning, Eunji.” he tilted the girl’s chin up and kissed her softly.

“Morning, Junhyung.” she giggled.

“What are we going to do on our last day, Miss Jung?” he asked, pulling a hand through her black hair.

“I don’t know, Mr. Yong. We could stay here all day. Or there are several miles of beach right there that we could spend the day on.” Eunji nodded towards the sand and water below.

“Oh, both sound very tempting, my love.” he whispered into her hair.

“Indeed, they do, sir. But we can only do one.”

“This is true. Whatever will we do?”

“I do not know. We’ve got quite the dilemma on our hands.” she responded.

“It seems so. Let me go get a coin.” Junhyung’s arms released Eunji and he slipped inside quietly, quickly returning with a brand new shiny copper penny, “Heads, we stay in. Tails, we go out.”

 

Balancing the coin on his thumb, he flicked it into the air. Catching it, he turned in onto his arm and looked at Eunji. She was staring at his hand, waiting in anticipation. He leaned down quickly, catching Eunji off-guard as he snuck a kiss. She smiled and Junhyung raised his hand, revealing the coin.

 

“Well, looks like we stay in. We can’t disappoint President Lincoln, now can we?” Junhyung asked. Eunji grinned and stood on her toes, kissing Junhyung. Together, they stumbled back into the room, door slamming shut behind them.

 

Eunji still smiles at the memory. That was 3 months ago. That was before Junhyung left for tour and she returned to college. He was due back any day but that didn’t mean anything. He was supposed to call her every week, just to let her know that his band and s hadn’t gotten him into too much trouble. Even the texts he used to send her everyday were limited.

 

Turning over on her hard mattress, her shoulder taking her weight, Eunji stared at the clock. The annoying green digital numbers let her know that it was 3:21 in the morning and she still hadn’t fallen asleep. She was used to this, since she’d been living with insomnia for years. But she wished she was asleep, so maybe time would pass quicker and Junhyung would be there sooner. As pissed that Eunji was that he hadn’t called, she missed him even more.

 

Sighing, Eunji moved onto her back. She stared at her dark ceiling, willing herself to fall asleep. It didn’t happen. Her eyelids grew heavy and her limbs ached but no sleep came to her. She thought about the love of her life, Yong Junhyung. She remembered how they met, having been introduced by a mutual friend at a small, intimate concert at a local college gym. She had made immediate friends with Dongwoon and Hayoung. Junhyung stuttered and tripped over his own feet around her, she noticed and Yoseob was just… Yoseob. She’d gone to the local Doojoon’s with them and while she was at the bathroom, all the guys had disappeared, except Junhyung. When she returned, she laughed because he looked as if he were about to throw up from nerves. She herself was a bundle of nerves, since she was normally alright with band guys and terrible with guys she liked.

 

That night, they’d traded numbers and Eunji went home, in disbelief of how her night had turned out. He called her a few days later and asked her out, on a date that wasn’t a mastermind plan of the rest of Beast. They had a great time together, and eventually, Junhyung got up the nerve to kiss Eunji and then ask her to be his girlfriend. The rest was history.

As Eunji was slipping into a nice peaceful sleep, there was a tap on the window of her dorm. She cursed loudly and jumped down. She opened the shade and found a piece of paper taped to her window. Looking around, she saw Dongwoon’s figure dashing away. Eunji put on a hoodie Junhyung had given her for her birthday and slipped on a pair of flip flops before climbing out of the window. She ignored that she was just in a pair of boxers and tank top underneath the hoodie and retrieved the paper.

 

Eunji,

Come to the park. Hayoung has something for you.

Love,

Junhyung

 

She smiled. Not many people knew this side of the Beast front man, the sweet, romantic side that was hidden beneath the party boy façade. She tucked the note into the pocket of her sweatshirt before starting towards the park. It was the one Junhyung had taken her to the first time he showed up at her college during a tour. He’d told her that he loved her for the first time there.

 

Eunji’s feet led her there automatically and as she entered, she saw Hayoung laying down on the merry-go-round.

“Hey Hayoung.”

“Hey Eunji. It’s good to see you again.” he sat up and hugged her. Fishing in his pocket, he handed her an envelope, “This is for you. I’ll see you later.”

Hayoung stood and left, leaving Eunji alone. She opened the envelope and turned it upside down. A key fell out into her hand with a small tag attached. She turned the tag over and read the scribbled note from Junhyung.

Yeah, this is a key for you. To my apartment. No big deal.

Eunji laughed and pulled out the letter from the envelope.

 

Eunji,

Come find Yoseob at the Doojoon’s parking lot.

Love,

Junhyung.

 

Tucking the note in her pocket with the first and the key in the other, she headed off. Her feet knew exactly where to go. Upon arriving, she found Yoseob sitting in a handicapped parking space, drawing with chalk.

 

“Yoseob… I was going to ask you what you’re doing but… I’ve decided I don’t want to know. Junhyung said to come find you.”

“Yepp, ‘cos I have this.” he said, offering a slightly larger envelope. He left his drawing, carrying his carton of chalk as he walked away. Eunji dumped the contents out and smiled. There were several small things from the year they’d been together: a picture that she’d taken of Junhyung  at a concert  where Super Junior and Beast had played together, a necklace that they’d found buried in the sand at the beach, a bubblegum machine ring that looked like a crown that they’d gotten in an arcade centre. She tucked them in her pocket with his key and read the note.

 

Come find me, I’m at the gym. I love you.

-Junhyung

 

She couldn’t stop her feet from running towards the gym. She knew exactly where he’d be waiting. There was a door propped open right where she knew it would be. Looking around, she slipped inside and walked through the twisting hallways to the gym. Junhyung was sitting in the center circle, at half court with an acoustic. He was strumming and singing softly as Eunji approached. She slipped her flip flops off and walked silently towards him. She knelt before him and surprised him by brushing a piece of hair away from his face. He turned his eyes up towards her and a smile lit up his features.

 

“You’re here.” he said with a slight chuckle.

“Why wouldn’t I be?” she asked.

“I was kind of afraid that you’d hate me, since I didn’t call or text really. But you have to understand, I can’t lie to you and I can’t keep things from you. I’ve been planning this since the day we left so I didn’t want to give away the surprise….” he trailed off and kissed her, discarding the guitar. He replaced the instrument in his lap with his girlfriend, lacing his hands in her hair. He pulled away and looked into hazel eyes, “Are you surprised?”

“Yeah. I definitely am. I didn’t think you’d get in for a few days.” Eunji admitted.

“Well, I got the guys to fly home instead of driving. I couldn’t wait to see you.” he said.

“I’m glad you did. I missed you a lot, Junhyung.”

“I missed you too.”

Their mouths attached again in heated kiss. Eunji pulled back this time and tugged on the fraying ends of the singer’s hair, “I love you, Junhyung.”

“I love y- Oh. I got you something.”

He reached into the bag beside him and fished out a jewelry box. Eunji’s eyes widened.

 

“It’s not an engagement ring, Eunji. I know you would say it’s too soon but I wanted to show you how much I love you.” he said, opening the box. Inside was a silver knot ring. It looked like silver string tied in a bow, “I found this at this vintage shop we stopped at. It’s called a forget me knot ring. I thought you’d like it.”

 

Eunji lifted it up out of the box and slipped it onto her right ring finger. A wide smile spread across her face.

“It’s perfect, Junhyung. I love it.”

“I’m glad.” his dark eyes sparkled as he watched her.

“I love you.”

“I love you too.”

 

This moment, Eunji recalls, was the moment where she knew that Junhyung was most definitely “the one” that everyone talks about. He was her soul mate and every single cheesy title to it. Mostly, he was the love of her life and her best friend. She was one hundred percent in love with Yong Junhyung and she couldn’t be happier.


 

As requested by AriesRisingI hope it's what you wanted to read :P

EXTRA: Eunji attempting Junghyun's Hair drying technique on APink Showtime XD